Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New Third MQM Award Level for Reserve/Plat Cards (targeted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Third MQM Award Level for Reserve/Plat Cards (targeted)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2018, 12:43 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by flyerslc

Discrimination against what class of people?

Discrimination against those Reserve card holders who never received this email; either send it to everyone, or don't have the promotion at all! Absolutely outrageous that AmEx's marketing dept can get away with this!

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...nus-offer.html
Old Sep 9, 2018, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah! And against those who don't even have Amex cards! Or Delta accounts! We're all automatically registered, so what gives?

(I can only assume they're giving everyone who clicks the link a Delta Reserve Amex, right?)
gooselee likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 1:17 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by audidudi
Discrimination against those Reserve card holders who never received this email; either send it to everyone, or don't have the promotion at all! Absolutely outrageous that AmEx's marketing dept can get away with this!

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...nus-offer.html
Uh, I'm not a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure "american express delta reserve card holders" are not a protected class
gooselee and flyerslc like this.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by pvn
Uh, I'm not a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure "american express delta reserve card holders" are not a protected class
Maybe those of us who have not been picked up in a Porsche could sue 😂
Old Sep 9, 2018, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by FlyingDL4Fun

Although I agree with what you said I don’t see this as the issue. I posted the link. The issue is that whether the page was hidden or not, every targeted offer I’ve ever seen, says that it’s targeted in the fine print. This lacks that language and therefore it is not a targeted offer unless it says so.
And that's my complaint here. I was logged into my am ex account and then clicked on the link and it said I was eligible and there was no language saying it was a targeted offer. Usually when there is a targeted offer you have to log in and it will say you aren't eligible for the offer or will say you are registered. I'm surprised Am Ex hasn't fixed this yet. I'm really surprised at Am Ex over this, I would have expected them to have taken the page down and/or required a sign in to say if you are eligible for the offer and to have honored the offer for those of us who clicked on the link.

I don't need the MQM's to keep status but the rollover would have been nice as well as the MQM's towards 2MM status.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 7:06 am
pvn
Suspended

I'm not sure why anyone feels like they have an obligation to explicitly say whether something is targeted or not.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 10:11 am

Programs: DL Diamond MM, SPG Platinum, Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by pvn
I'm not sure why anyone feels like they have an obligation to explicitly say whether something is targeted or not.
Because charging a special price or giving benefits to a group of people (ex. Senior Breakfast) needs to be clearly delineated when you advertise to the masses. You cannot advertise a travel package for a price, and then when I go to purchase the package, the seller says "Oh sorry that was for students only. But we didn't need to tell you that. Your price is +25%".
Old Sep 10, 2018, 10:11 am
pvn
Suspended

Because charging a special price or giving benefits to a group of people (ex. Senior Breakfast) needs to be clearly delineated when you advertise to the masses. You cannot advertise a travel package for a price, and then when I go to purchase the package, the seller says "Oh sorry that was for students only. But we didn't need to tell you that. Your price is +25%".
They didn't "advertise to the masses"
gooselee likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 10:13 am
pvn
Suspended

unless I'm missing something, there hasn't been a single case of someone receiving the email and not getting the 3rd boost, has there?
Old Sep 10, 2018, 6:14 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by pvn
unless I'm missing something, there hasn't been a single case of someone receiving the email and not getting the 3rd boost, has there?
It's way to early to know as there are still over 3 1/2 months left in 2018, so there are undoubtedly plenty of people who haven't reached the $90K spend yet!
Old Sep 10, 2018, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by pvn
They didn't "advertise to the masses"
Yes they did by using a displayed page on their website. Just as a sign up bonus on their page is an advertisement to the masses.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 7:55 pm
pvn
Suspended

Yes they did by using a displayed page on their website. Just as a sign up bonus on their page is an advertisement to the masses.
did you just randomly stumble upon that page?
Old Sep 11, 2018, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by pvn
did you just randomly stumble upon that page?
It appeared as the top choice on google. So I consider that a stumble.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Likely due to bloggers and sites like FT boosting it up search rankings, and not by any intent of Amex themselves. As others have reported, you cannot get to that page by simply browsing the Amex website itself (logged in or not).

At best, shaky ground in a fuzzy area to make a case out of it.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 6:41 am
pvn
Suspended

It was "the top choice on google" when you typed what in???

You can consider it whatever you want I guess but the fact is you only found it because people who were targeted leaked it. You didn't just wake up one day and decide to type "amex delta secret 3rd MQM boost" into Google completely out of the blue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.