Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New Third MQM Award Level for Reserve/Plat Cards (targeted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Third MQM Award Level for Reserve/Plat Cards (targeted)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2018, 12:21 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.77MM, Marriott LT Plat
3rd set of 15k MQM just posted today.

Interesting data point; my statement crossing 90K closes next Monday, so I was expecting to wait until either ~next weds or "10-12 weeks" after that...nice surprise heading into the weekend.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 12:35 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by N515CR
3rd set of 15k MQM just posted today.

Interesting data point; my statement crossing 90K closes next Monday, so I was expecting to wait until either ~next weds or "10-12 weeks" after that...nice surprise heading into the weekend.
But you DID receive the email, correct?
Old Aug 3, 2018, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh

What I don't understand is Delta raised the spend waiver to $250K for diamonds to thin the herd yet is offering another boost of $15K making it easier to obtain a higher status or maintain status.

Says to me they are less interested in how much you fly than they are in how much you spend. So they are welcoming of a diamond that spends 15k and only flies 80,000 miles to do so but not so much the person that spends 10,000 and flies 125,000 miles

i didn’t get the offer so I stopped my spend at 60,000 on the dot.
DiverDave likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 3:24 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.77MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by TheHorta
But you DID receive the email, correct?
Yes, I received the email on March 26.
Auston and TheHorta like this.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 7:25 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by tennessetom

Says to me they are less interested in how much you fly than they are in how much you spend. So they are welcoming of a diamond that spends 15k and only flies 80,000 miles to do so but not so much the person that spends 10,000 and flies 125,000 miles

i didn’t get the offer so I stopped my spend at 60,000 on the dot.
I think it is a pretty clear indication they have seen a significant spend capped/stopped/downgraded/canceled cards. The extra bonus on the reserve is a new carrot for those with the card that won't get to 250K. Well we can give you 15K MQM/RDM if you send 30K more. Look how many just in this thread which is a small population have done it. Why else would DL/Amex(more likely Amex) push to a new spend tier to give away more benefits?

I personally stop just past 60K. I haven't gotten the 2nd boost yet but statement isn't closed. My household will swap over to the regular platinum and spend the rest of the year on that.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond
Please delete. Just realized that the poster was referring to the non-Delta Platinum Amex.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Sounds like it was targeted. It pisses me off that the one link someone posted shows I'm eligible.

I called Am Ex a few weeks ago about this and received this message this morning:
Thank you for your inquiry regarding the above mentioned Account.

Dear XXX:

In addition to our tried and true traditional marketing channels like email and direct mail, we have a diverse set of innovative digital channels which enable Merchants to engage with Card Members and provide exclusive offers through social/mobile platforms like Twitter or Facebook, as well as, a suite of online advertising media solutions.

We were unable to locate any additional promotional offers associated with your account at this time. Therefore, we are unable to process your request for promotional offers received after the Card account was opened.

If you have additional questions, please visit our website at americanexpress.comor call us at the number on the back of your Card.

To learn more about our membership rewards programs and benefits, please visit us online at americanexpress.com.

Thank you for your Card Membership.

Sincerely,

American Express Customer Care

Dispute Reference Number XXXX
Old Aug 15, 2018, 7:57 pm

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
I did not get the email, but called a couple of months ago and was told I was eligible, so I continued spending.

Crossed the 90k threshhold last month, did not get the boost.

Today I called and spoke to a seemingly knowledgeable representative who said ALL reserve card holders are eligible, but because it's a special promotion it'll take 10-12 weeks... so for me by now 6-8 weeks to post.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by orlandodlplat
I did not get the email, but called a couple of months ago and was told I was eligible, so I continued spending.

Today I called and spoke to a seemingly knowledgeable representative who said ALL reserve card holders are eligible, but because it's a special promotion it'll take 10-12 weeks... so for me by now 6-8 weeks to post.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that is true since I had a large purchase to make and wasn't that far away from the $90K anyway.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 2:03 pm

Programs: DL Diamond MM, SPG Platinum, Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by orlandodlplat

I just got off the phone after the 2nd statement closing and the bonus not posting. I was told the same thing. I gave her the website of the offer and she said that a case was open, I was entitled to the bonus, but that it was going to be the 10-12 weeks. This is encouraging but also contradicts what some people have experienced. I've printed everything, saved my case number with AMEX, so I'll fight this one. I have about 4-6 weeks left to wait....
TheHorta likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 12:27 pm

Programs: AARP, DL Skymiles, Marriot Bonvoy, Moe's Rewards
I logged into my account today and realized all email communications, including special offers, were turned off so I wonder if that's why I didn't get it. I plan to call and ask since the chat function isn't working from my tablet
Old Aug 28, 2018, 3:20 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
This was definitely a targeted offer, and I have yet to hear a true case of someone who received the third bonus without receiving the offer. I have made several phone calls about it to no avail.

Companies that make targeted offers should realize how much bad will is generated from the many excellent and loyal customers who did not receive the offer! Not to mention the time their CSRs waste fielding phone calls from these disappointed customers.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 6:03 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by RobertS975
This was definitely a targeted offer, and I have yet to hear a true case of someone who received the third bonus without receiving the offer. I have made several phone calls about it to no avail.
Also the statements clearly state (new language) that there are only two MQM bonuses per year per card and that there is nothing past the second level.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 4:37 am

Another data point ...
1) Was targeted back in March
2) Reached $90K threshold sometime last week
3) Bonus 15K MQM posted shortly thereafter (and prior to my statement closing date, which was not the case for my first 2 MQM bonuses)
Old Sep 3, 2018, 10:19 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Please, if anyone who was NOT targeted gets the third MQM bonus, please post it here. I still haven't heard any single example of that happening.
calrick likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.