Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hats off to @Delta!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2018, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Hats off to @Delta!

Not that it's a huge deal in the grand scheme of things, but I just had a wonderful experience with the @Delta Twitter team. I forgot all about my 10k mile additional bonus from the Delta Gold card, and since it just deposited I wondered if I could change my C+ award ticket to F using miles.

The agent seemed confused at first and had to check with reservations, but came back saying it had been done and that they were sorry for the confusion. They took the additional 12.5k miles AND waived the change fee for the inconvenience, without me even asking! The whole thing took 15 minutes from the time I DM'd to the time my app updated.

Great job @Delta!
Old Mar 26, 2018, 9:25 am

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
Funny you mention this as I was about to start a thread about @Delta. They fixed an SDC for me within 20 minutes of my DM to them. Amazing job.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 9:36 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
They did a SDC for me last week that ended up being so clutch when my original flight took a long delay. They also, I think, jumped me to the front of the C+ upgrade queue. Either that or there was some IT magic going on.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 9:42 am

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
As a recent convert from United 1K, is @Delta always this good or is it in aberration? United's Twitter team was fairly worthless so was shocked when @Delta Fixed my problem in less than 20 minutes.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 10:14 am

Programs: HH Diamond
I had a problem getting them to respond on a Sunday, but once they did respond on Monday morning, they were able to fix my Schedule Change issue with one DM. I simply gave them my confirm number and my requested flights and they made it happen in 10 minutes. They even chose the same seats.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 11:51 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by DawgmanOH
As a recent convert from United 1K, is @Delta always this good or is it in aberration? United's Twitter team was fairly worthless so was shocked when @Delta Fixed my problem in less than 20 minutes.
They're not always magical, but they are a solid support resource. They can do pretty much anything a phone reservations agent can do, and can be very handy at times when you need something relatively simple done but just aren't able to get onto a phone at the moment (you're in a meeting, on a flight, etc.).

There is a place on your Delta.com profile to add your Twitter handle -- definitely good to make sure it is populated to allow for the most streamlined Twitter service experience.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 12:18 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
it was very, very good for a long time, then about six months ago they started getting slower to respond and less useful when they did respond, but over the last month it's started getting significantly better again.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 12:21 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
It used to be more consistently better. i.e. the quality of assistance varies more now IMO. But still handy for requests that are non-time-sensitive or don't really require you to wait on the phone until they're done, and/or need to request something while you're in flight.

There have been some past threads:

https://www.google.com/search?q=site...+delta+twitter

Unfortunate but useful to hear your opinion of UA's Twitter team, as someone who matched in the other direction DL->UA :-/
Old Mar 26, 2018, 12:29 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel
Originally Posted by pvn
it was very, very good for a long time, then about six months ago they started getting slower to respond and less useful when they did respond, but over the last month it's started getting significantly better again.
Totally agree. I'm glad I'm not imagining the uptick in competence, and hope it continues.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 12:51 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
I have nothing but good things to say about the Twitter team. They have been very helpful with reroutes, SDC, and providing protection when needed.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 1:42 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
@Delta has always been good to me, but as of late they take long to reply to inquiries.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 8:02 pm

I love the Delta Twitter team too. In fact I use them over calling the toll free number. I wish Twitter and Social Media were around in the 90s.

The Delta Twitter team has come through on many occassions.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 9:16 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by alec_b
AND waived the change fee for the inconvenience, without me even asking!

If you are upgrading to a higher class of service on a flight you are already booked on DL does not charge a change fee. This is the policy for flights booked using cash, and it's not a favor, though sometimes agents present it as such, either because they don't know that this is the policy or because they want you to think they are doing you a favor. Also, some agents will try to charge a change fee, and this should not be paid, and a supervisor should be consulted if they refused to waive it. I think it's the same with award tickets, but not sure.

I've even had the change fee waived when I upgraded from Y to F and also switched flights (upgraded with $). This is an example of a favor, but a reasonable one considering I had already given them more money.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:08 am
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
I've used @Delta my past few times because the call wait time has been 2+ hours. They are timely and always get me what I want, so I think I am going to exclusively use them now.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 12:55 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
I once had to do a complicated schedule adjustment where two people in my party had booked on separate tickets but we were trying to move them onto my ticket so they could get free Preferred Seating and baggage. Phone line was 90+ minutes and the agent was completely unhelpful. I tweeted and got a reply in 2 minutes. Not only did the Twitter agent fix my problem, he waived all the change fees ($600 - $200/ticket) and, when I asked if I could speak with him directly just to ensure everything was taken care of, he CALLED ME and spoke with me directly on the phone. The whole thing was resolved in about 12 minutes. He was AMAZING.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.