Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Skyteam Elite Plus (KLM Gold) delta flights showing " Not Complimentary Upgrade"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skyteam Elite Plus (KLM Gold) delta flights showing " Not Complimentary Upgrade"

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2018, 1:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM

Hi,

I am a bit confused here, i know skyteam changed their points system recently. However I am Elite PLus with KLM Gold status, usually when I fly Delta, I get free upgrades to comfort economy. However out of 5 flights I am taking with Delta over the next 2 weeks, all of them are showing "Not Complimentary Upgrade Eligible" and I can only choose a seat in economy. Does anyone have any idea what may be the issue here?

Regards
Dan
Old Mar 20, 2018, 2:17 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Are they DL flight numbers or codeshares?
Old Mar 20, 2018, 5:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, Hilton Gold
DL offers complimentary upgrades to Y+ only for Diamond and Platinum medallion. For DL Gold it is 3 days prior to departure, presuming there is seat open (and revenue mgmt has released it for upgrade). Check your reservation on DL (if you have DL reservation code) and make sure you request the upgrade into Y+, as it is not automatic in all cases. Also, check your upgrade status on the DL app or at the gate (it will be on monitors at the gate). All that said, upgrades even into Y+ are getting tougher. For one reason, DL does sell Y+ directly. Depending on the route, post ticketing, you can occasionally get a very cheap upgrade (I was able to get one for 20 dollars MDW-DTW-MEM-MSP-MDW on a lower fare bucket).
Old Mar 20, 2018, 6:12 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by Davescj
DL offers complimentary upgrades to Y+ only for Diamond and Platinum medallion. For DL Gold it is 3 days prior to departure, presuming there is seat open (and revenue mgmt has released it for upgrade).
OP is an elite of a partner airline, and yes those elites in some cases are eligible for upgrades. In this case it is showing he is not eligible, and that is the question in the post.

My suspicion is that the flights are codeshares.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 12:14 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Per footnote 5 here: https://www.flyingblue.com/about-fly.../benefits.html

FB Platinum is eligible for Delta Comfort+ only at the airport on day of departure. I'm not sure if you would expect to see "not eligible for upgrade" in advance or not, but be aware that on many flights, there is likely to be only middle seats, if that, available in Comfort+ on the day of departure, so you may not want the upgrade anyway.

I believe you should be able to select "preferred" seats for free now, and on many aircraft types that includes exit rows, if they aren't already occupied.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KLM
I had a chat with Delta on the phone, and they said I am eligible for upgrades with my membership level to comfort and on some flights first, however the new policy that kicked in in Jan or feb is that its day of departure now and not automatic as it was in the past.

One of the flights are codeshare the others are all Delta carried and ticketed.

I have a whole heap of points I want to use as I will be letting my skyteam membership die off after this trip in favour of something local to me, so may try for some point upgrades on the longer haul sections

Dan
Old Mar 21, 2018, 12:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Dannymh
Hi,

I am a bit confused here, i know skyteam changed their points system recently. However I am Elite PLus with KLM Gold status, usually when I fly Delta, I get free upgrades to comfort economy. However out of 5 flights I am taking with Delta over the next 2 weeks, all of them are showing "Not Complimentary Upgrade Eligible" and I can only choose a seat in economy. Does anyone have any idea what may be the issue here?

Regards
Dan
Could you have purchased a Basic Economy fare? On DL marketed segments, this would be fare class E.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.