Washington Dulles, DC (IAD)
White Plains, NY (HPN)
Old Mar 19, 2018, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I'm getting really annoyed... 4 major nor'easter storms in 3 weeks. Grrrrrr
Old Mar 19, 2018, 4:53 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
This one worked out really well for me - had a JFK-AUS-JFK flight departing tomorrow evening that I was going to have to cancel either way. I was holding out for this given the forecast, and it all worked out.

Almost makes up for the ruined weekend earlier this month when I was trying to get down to MSY. What a weird month..
Old Mar 19, 2018, 5:54 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
I was lucky enough to fly out 2 days after last week's and one day before this week's. My spouse, on the other hand, has had a very bad luck with every single NorEaster this year.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 6:34 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
This one let me ditch a very unwanted JFK connection in favor of another hub - thanks OP for bringing it to our attention. I wasn't even thinking of potential weather problems in New York - spring is starting to peek its way through out here in Seattle, so snow was the furthest thing from mind...
Old Mar 19, 2018, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SDQBound
I was lucky enough to fly out 2 days after last week's and one day before this week's. My spouse, on the other hand, has had a very bad luck with every single NorEaster this year.
I’ve been within the waiver period for every one as well, but usually a day before/after the storms actually hit, so no actual flight delays. (Knock knock, I have a flight tomorrow.)
Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:10 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Due into BOS Wednesday morning for some important things at our office there. Anyone know what the forecast is looking like and whether it's likely I'm going to get delayed/canceled?
Old Mar 19, 2018, 10:10 pm

BOS is under a National Weather Service Winter Storm Watch from Wednesday morning to Thursday morning.

https://www.weather.gov/box/

So, still some uncertainty.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by jrkmsp
Due into BOS Wednesday morning for some important things at our office there. Anyone know what the forecast is looking like and whether it's likely I'm going to get delayed/canceled?
I'm in NYC, not Boston, but about 48 hours ago we had no snow in the forecast, then it was 2-4, then 5-11, now 12-16 + ice.

Boston has a winter storm warning now for 10-14. It starts 8am Wednesday, so depending on your flight time, it might or might not work.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 6:40 am

I'm booked with my wife IAD-ATL-LAX-OGG tomorrow morning when the snow is supposed to be the worst. I've been working with their twitter agent trying to change the IAD-ATL portion tonight, but they are telling me the fare rules won't allow the overnight stop in ATL (was booked by a third party TA that my company doesn't usually use for an award I won). Understand the usual fare rules don't allow it, but you would think they would take it over someone on a cancelled flight.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 6:42 am

Programs: United 1K
Hello FT. First post here. I’m looking for some advice on getting from LGA-YUL tomorrow, Wednesday Mar 21. I’m not familiar with the route and its cancellation track record during LGA backups. The 4 daily nonstops from LGA-YUL are all CRJs and not full, leading me to believe they are high risk of being proactively cancelled.

I am on the 10:45am. I could change to the 8:15am nonstop LGA-YUL, hoping the earliest fight gets out. I was also thinking of trying the earliest LGA-DTW-YUL, hoping Delta would be least likely to cancel the 6:00am morning hub flight to DTW. But then I might miss my connection if the plane is delayed for de-icing, etc

What would you do if you were me?
Old Mar 20, 2018, 6:49 am

Programs: DL Gold
Rather than deal with long weather delays or fly later, I'm trying to play the weather situation into a refund. Flight leaves PHL (to ATL) at 7:15PM today. The plane is due to make BWI trips prior to getting up to PHL. I figure that's a pretty good chance for a cancellation, but any tips on getting this to end in a refund?
Old Mar 20, 2018, 6:52 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hotelmotel
Rather than deal with long weather delays or fly later, I'm trying to play the weather situation into a refund. Flight leaves PHL at 7PM today. I figure that's a pretty good chance for a cancellation, but any tips on getting this to end in a refund?
Leave the flight in place until 5pm or so. If it hasn't cancelled then use the weather waiver bump it out to tomorrow morning, probably the first flight out of PHL when the storm looks the worst.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 6:55 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Bourbonfan
Hello FT. First post here. I’m looking for some advice on getting from LGA-YUL tomorrow, Wednesday Mar 21. I’m not familiar with the route and its cancellation track record during LGA backups. The 4 daily nonstops from LGA-YUL are all CRJs and not full, leading me to believe they are high risk of being proactively cancelled.

I am on the 10:45am. I could change to the 8:15am nonstop LGA-YUL, hoping the earliest fight gets out. I was also thinking of trying the earliest LGA-DTW-YUL, hoping Delta would be least likely to cancel the 6:00am morning hub flight to DTW. But then I might miss my connection if the plane is delayed for de-icing, etc

What would you do if you were me?
If you absolutely must get there then I would try to leave today, even if it means overnighting in a layover city. You are right that the CRJ non-stops are very likely to be cancelled tomorrow. LGA-DTW-YUL would be mainline so a better chance of getting out, but given the forecast that's not looking great either.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 6:58 am

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
Leave the flight in place until 5pm or so. If it hasn't cancelled then use the weather waiver bump it out to tomorrow morning, probably the first flight out of PHL when the storm looks the worst.
Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.