Community
Wiki Posts
Search

March 20-21 Northeast Travel Waiver

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2018, 12:22 am

Programs: DL DM
Called in today during the waiver madness for an unrelated issue. Totally forgot about the waiver/weather until I heard the automated message regarding wait times. Opted for a 2 hour call back... turned out to be a 4 hour call back. No big deal as it wasn't an urgent issue. No status currently. Agent very friendly and helpful, though you could tell was a bit stressed out. She repeatedly thanked me for my patience. I gave her a "5" on the survey.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ty97
Slightly off-topic, but I've seen several warnings that the heavy wet snow could down trees/branches and lead to power outages.
You mean just like the last three Nor'Easters?
Old Mar 21, 2018, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Waiver was extended to include Thurs 3/22.

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...t-weather.html
Old Mar 22, 2018, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Well, "Snowmageddon-lite" has come and gone.

PHL got less than 8" of the forecast 10 - 20 inches.

Another swing and a miss for the NWS.

I live south of PHL and got no more than 6 inches.

DL did well, judging by monitoring of ATL to PHL flights. All but one scheduled flight completed on Tuesday and all scheduled flights completed on Wednesday. Kudos. ^

The cross-country skis go back to the basement, unused, again.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
New York got the foot that was projected (good job NWS), although most of it is melted today. NY airports are clogged up today.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 3:03 pm

Programs: DL-FO, SPG-Gold, HH-Dia, IHG Spire Elite IC
Cancelled my flight this week via @Delta due to the weather waiver. This is the first that I have had to do so in many years. I checked my wallet this AM and the credit has posted less $200. Called in and was told that the rebooking fee will be credited back when I book at a later date using this credit.

Can any flyertalkers verify that this has been their experience?
Old Mar 22, 2018, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by marlowe
Cancelled my flight this week via @Delta due to the weather waiver. This is the first that I have had to do so in many years. I checked my wallet this AM and the credit has posted less $200. Called in and was told that the rebooking fee will be credited back when I book at a later date using this credit.

Can any flyertalkers verify that this has been their experience?
No experience on that particular scenario. But, I would press to get the credit to reflect the total balance, not deducting the $200 fee. Too many ways things could go wrong. otherwise.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 9:53 pm

Programs: DL DM, MAR gold
Learned something new from this storm. My Wednesday evening ATL-LGA flight was delayed until 6:00 Thursday morning. Arrived at ATL at 4:50 expecting to cruise through security in Clear, but the kiosk rejected me because my flight was technically the wrong date. The agent at the entry to PreCheck told me I would have the same issue in that line. The Delta check-in kiosk would not print my boarding pass, and the three Delta agents working at that time had huge lines waiting. My only option was regular security, which was very slow, and I ended up getting to the gate about 5:30. Now I know what to expect if I ever have a flight delayed overnight - arrive early and head straight to the regular security screening line.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 1:27 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Both of my original flights in and out of JFK ended up getting cancelled; thank goodness I proactively rebooked off of them 48 hours in advance. Turns out that was a great move, as all the extra rebookings combined with spring break traffic equaled a last minute opup 👍

I hate routing through New York on my way to Europe, but AMS/CDG routings weren’t an option when I booked - so this storm definitely worked in my favor all around.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.