Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Will they change me to a A350 and should I?

Old Mar 17, 2018, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, MM United MM, Marriott P for life

My outbound to Europe changed by over 3 hours. The return from AMS was changed by 15 minutes. I am changing the outbound. Will they let me change the return to the A350 (an hour earlier)? It adds about an hour and half to the return. A couple of follow-ons. Do they board the 350 through both doors or just the center door? it also looks like there is a removable partion in the center seats. My wife is with me and I wondered how that works out for a couple. Thanks
Old Mar 17, 2018, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
They are not required to allow a change to your return for a schedule change that small, unless it resulted in a too-short connection time somewhere. However, it can't hurt to ask when you call in to change the outbound - just know that if it's allowed it would be a favor and not something you're entitled to.

I'll let others answer questions about the 350.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 8:09 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme

Its a small sliding window between the center suites. The suites are nice, but dont find the seats themselves all that comfortable. The suite compartment walls and door only goes up about four feet or so. You can easily poke your head above them by just sitting up straight.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 8:10 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Sucky Air France Lounge WiFi.

Last edited by TheHorta; Mar 17, 2018 at 8:12 pm Reason: Double-tap
Old Mar 18, 2018, 2:26 am

Programs: DL DM 2mm, AA EXP mm, UA SL, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold
Re boarding, usually two doors are used but it depends on the gate. The four times I've flown the DL A350-900 (NRT, DTW and PEK) D1 I used the door closest to the cockpit. PE and economy used the second door. Using two doors makes a big difference. Boarding is faster and more convenient for everyone. FAs can provide pre-departure services (PDBs ,menus and orders, introductions) for D1 without fighting the traffic going to the back and D1 customers can take their time stowing gear, going to the bathroom or just walking around.

For my initial take on the D1 suites see https://wordpress.com/post/salsaworldtraveler.com/44089

Premium Economy: https://wordpress.com/post/salsaworldtraveler.com/43392

The door makes more of a difference for privacy for seats that abut the aisle. Where the console separates the seat from the aisle the door adds a lot less as far as privacy.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, MM United MM, Marriott P for life
Thanks everyone. I just tried but they won't change the return. For salsa, I tried your links but they didn't seem to work.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by salsa
Re boarding, usually two doors are used but it depends on the gate. The four times I've flown the DL A350-900 (NRT, DTW and PEK) D1 I used the door closest to the cockpit. PE and economy used the second door. Using two doors makes a big difference. Boarding is faster and more convenient for everyone. FAs can provide pre-departure services (PDBs ,menus and orders, introductions) for D1 without fighting the traffic going to the back and D1 customers can take their time stowing gear, going to the bathroom or just walking around.

For my initial take on the D1 suites see https://wordpress.com/post/salsaworldtraveler.com/44089

Premium Economy: https://wordpress.com/post/salsaworldtraveler.com/43392

The door makes more of a difference for privacy for seats that abut the aisle. Where the console separates the seat from the aisle the door adds a lot less as far as privacy.
Originally Posted by Bob111
Thanks everyone. I just tried but they won't change the return. For salsa, I tried your links but they didn't seem to work.
Links don't work for me either. Something loads, but it's a blank white page.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.