DL27 Meal service

Old Mar 17, 2018, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM 1MM
DL27 Meal service

Flight leave ATL for ICN at 12.05am, whats the meal service schedule?
Old Mar 17, 2018, 11:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Dinner, mid-flight snack, breakfast.
Thats really odd timing for that flight. Im guessing that KE has a bunch of 0500-0600 connections, but I wouldnt want to be on it, thats for sure.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 12:14 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by WWads
That’s really odd timing for that flight. I’m guessing that KE has a bunch of 0500-0600 connections, but I wouldn’t want to be on it, that’s for sure.

Disagree on the schedule issue. If one is going past ICN/NRT the "midnight" bank of flights out of the US work much better.

If you are flying into SE Asia it it not even close. The "normal" schedule dumps you into an airport around midnight, and that might not even be the final dest.
Duke787 and Dalewood like this.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 12:45 pm

Thats really odd timing for that flight. Im guessing that KE has a bunch of 0500-0600 connections, but I wouldnt want to be on it, thats for sure.
If you are in business class and can sleep, I find that US=>Asia red eye flights are infinitely better for jetlag vs daytime. And schedule-wise early morning arrival is better for connections. If you take take day time flight and arrive at 3pm - 5pm slot, missing connection usually means overnight (happened more than once!).
Old Mar 17, 2018, 5:39 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM, Delta SM, United Silver, Amx Plat, Delta Amx Plat, Six-T Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold
Hey, OP, I just did this flight last week. IIRC, the flight (then) dep ATL at 11:19AM and was scheduled to arr at 4:30PM the next day but we hauled it over the North Pole so we got in about 50 mins earlier then scheduled at about 3:40PM local time. Total flight time was 13:51 and meals were dinner, mid flight snack and I have to admit, I don't remember whether the third meal was breakfast or lunch. I THINK it was lunch b/c on the return flight on KE we arr in JFK at 7:30PM and were served breakfast before arrival and I don't remember that same meal service on DL before landing in ICN so I think it was lunch.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by soxfanndc
Hey, OP, I just did this flight last week. IIRC, the flight (then) dep ATL at 11:19AM and was scheduled to arr at 4:30PMThe the next day but we hauled it over the North Pole so we got in about 50 mins earlier then scheduled at about 3:40PM local time. Total flight time was 13:51 and meals were dinner, mid flight snack and I have to admit, I don't remember whether the third meal was breakfast or lunch. I THINK it was lunch b/c on the return flight on KE we arr in JFK at 7:30PM and were served breakfast before arrival and I don't remember that same meal service on DL before landing in ICN so I think it was lunch.
The flight schedule changes beginning 3/24 with the introduction of the A350 on the route. It will now depart ATL at 0005L and arrive ICN at 0400L+1. Return timing is similar to current with an 1840L departure from ICN and a 1930L arrival in ATL.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 6:55 pm

Programs: DL 2MM GM
I am on this flight later this year. The schedule works great for me. I was also wondering if they would bother with dinner after midnight.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by exwannabe
Disagree on the schedule issue. If one is going past ICN/NRT the "midnight" bank of flights out of the US work much better.

If you are flying into SE Asia it it not even close. The "normal" schedule dumps you into an airport around midnight, and that might not even be the final dest.
+1. Love the midnight departures to Asia. Especially if in J.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 10:06 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM, Delta SM, United Silver, Amx Plat, Delta Amx Plat, Six-T Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold
Ah, thanks SKY good to know about the sched change. ew, tho, arr at ICN at 0400, which means you'll prob get there around 0315. ew! it'd be great for Customs as I can't believe there would be much of a line and it'll be great for making connections onward too but i loved arriving in HKG (I connected from ICN to HKG) but I loved arr in HKG just in time for bed. I guess it just depends on ones personal preferences tho but DL shows the meals as Dinner, lunch, and brunch.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by soxfanndc
Ah, thanks SKY good to know about the sched change. ew, tho, arr at ICN at 0400, which means you'll prob get there around 0315. ew! it'd be great for Customs as I can't believe there would be much of a line and it'll be great for making connections onward too but i loved arriving in HKG (I connected from ICN to HKG) but I loved arr in HKG just in time for bed. I guess it just depends on ones personal preferences tho but DL shows the meals as Dinner, lunch, and brunch.
No worries.Guys I've talked to from FT and other groups are split. I like that it's got plenty of time for connections south, but if you're terminating in ICN I hate the idea of having like at LEAST 6-8 hours before I can reasonably checkin to a hotel unless I book it for the day before and waste a night lol.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 7:43 am

exactly!!! and oh, Crank, i'm SURE they will have dinner after midnight. Heck, I've taken the LIM-ATL flight plenty of tiimes and it departs around 0100 or so and they still do 2 meal services and its only like 6:50 minutes. so if you do both meals you only get about 4 or so hours of sleep. I've just grown accustomed to sacking out as soon as I board and then just getting breakfast pre-ATL arr. but i'm sure they'll offer dinner just after departure on this.
crank1225 likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 8:40 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
The first meal service will be expedited so people can get to sleep quicker.....the new timing is meant for 80+ connections in Asia.
I for one much prefer to connect at ICN versus China/PVG because of the new terminal and better quality airline/KE.I wonder how long NRT-SIN has before it gets cut.

Last edited by AANYC1981; Mar 18, 2018 at 9:50 am
Old Mar 18, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
As I said, I guess the flight is timed for connections, but for O/D I prefer the SEA-HKG flight's timing. Getting in at 2100 and going straight to bed.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
The first meal service will be expedited so people can get to sleep quicker.....the new timing is meant for 80+ connections in Asia.
I for one much prefer to connect at ICN versus China/PVG because of the new terminal and better quality airline/KE.I wonder how long NRT-SIN has before it gets cut.
This is accurate from what I have heard for the new timing. Single tray service with app/salad and entree followed by limited dessert options for the first service to expedite, mid-flight I have heard will be "brunch" service FWIW. Also, have head they'll be more explicitly offering to serve the first meal later in the flight for those wishing to go right to sleep--curious how that'll go in practice (have had luck when requesting in the past, but dunno how the offer will be done/how often they'll really offer it).
Old Mar 18, 2018, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
As I said, I guess the flight is timed for connections, but for O/D I prefer the SEA-HKG flight's timing. Getting in at 2100 and going straight to bed.
It's also timed to allow business travelers a full day on both ends. A midnight or late-night departure allows a full work day before the flight, and even allows many connections to have a full day before taking a late-evening connecting flight to ATL. This, combined with the early arrival allows for a full business day in Seoul upon on arrival, or a mostly full day upon arrival even if taking a connection onward from ICN. The SEA-HKG flight only allows about a half-day in SEA, and less of a business day if originating from elsewhere and having to connect through SEA.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.