Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL27 Meal service

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2018, 5:28 am

Programs: DL 2MM GM
Did this flight Saturday AM. Dinner was served about 2 hour into the delayed flight. Mid flight lunch - I had an omlett - was about 5 hours later and breakfast was served only about 1 hour before touchdown. There was plenty of time to sleep, read, watch some movies etc on this long flight.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 5:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IME doing the flight Sunday night, really early Monday morning, I slept through the midflight meal and breakfast (really more like brunch?) was served about two hours before scheduled arrival. Then the FAs, including the purser, disappeared into the galley jumpseats and stopped responding to call buttons; they seemed annoyed that paying passengers in D1 might disturb them by requesting something during the last 90 minutes or so of the flight. My flight was on time and in fact scheduled to arrive early. FAs similarly seemed annoyed when I woke up after the midflight snack service and grabbed something from the snack basket in the galley.

It was a disappointing crew, but I can imagine that the schedule isn't attractive to FAs unless they want to spend a day in Seoul.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 2:56 pm

We had a great crew in D1. Purser confirmed the preordered meal during boarding, and just greatservice all around.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 9:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by crank1225
We had a great crew in D1. Purser confirmed the preordered meal during boarding, and just greatservice all around.
To me, having the purser confirm my preordered meal (which indeed did happen on my DL 27 flight too) is one of the minimal things I would expect on every D1 flight with a preorder option, and not an indication of a great crew or great service.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
To me, having the purser confirm my preordered meal (which indeed did happen on my DL 27 flight too) is one of the minimal things I would expect on every D1 flight with a preorder option, and not an indication of a great crew or great service.
Sorry I did not cite every detail that was great - not my style to share every detail of my life.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.