Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL27 Meal service

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2018, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM 1MM
This schedule allows for onward travel to BKK and then KKC (or any other Thai regional) without additional overnight stop over. Significant improvement for me, (every 2 months)
Old Mar 19, 2018, 4:26 am

Programs: DL Diamond Million Miler, AA Ex-Plat, IHG RA, Marriott PLAT, HERTZ Pres Circle
This is a great departure time for a 14 hour flight. You get on, tired, eat, sleep, then you're there for a full rested day. I understand about hotel check in and all but most hotels will understand and try to check you in so you can take a nap if you need to.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 11:08 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
On this flight today. Yes, full dinner after takeoff and then two mid flight options (omelet or mung bean pancake) and then breakfast-ish meal before landing. I agree the timing is great, no complaints here. Hope I can have the meal later in the flight. FWIW lounge bar closes sharp at midnight but the lounge seemed to stay open slightly longer - until boarding commenced. There have been some pretty serious delays recently so I wonder how these have been handled.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 12:23 am

Programs: DL, HH
Does Delta have slippers in D1 on this flight? I'll be doing ICN-ATL next month and want to know if I should bring my own.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 4:59 am

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K MM, Subway Club Member
I haven't seen slippers on any ICN DL flights (including ATL). I am pretty sure they are only on TYO routes.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 6:38 am

I have a few from China routes. Guess I'll bring an old pair along just in case.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 11:21 am

Programs: DL 2MM GM
Originally Posted by jlisi984
On this flight today. Yes, full dinner after takeoff and then two mid flight options (omelet or mung bean pancake) and then breakfast-ish meal before landing. I agree the timing is great, no complaints here. Hope I can have the meal later in the flight. FWIW lounge bar closes sharp at midnight but the lounge seemed to stay open slightly longer - until boarding commenced. There have been some pretty serious delays recently so I wonder how these have been handled.
What were the dinner options, - on this one next week.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 6:37 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Striple
Does Delta have slippers in D1 on this flight? I'll be doing ICN-ATL next month and want to know if I should bring my own.
Yes, they did have socks & slippers

Originally Posted by kenn0223
I haven't seen slippers on any ICN DL flights (including ATL). I am pretty sure they are only on TYO routes.
They did have slippers on DL27...

Originally Posted by crank1225
Beef, chicken, and ravioli... Sorry I didn't take the menu but that was the gist. Some people had pre-ordered, maybe check in manage your booking?
crank1225 likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 7:23 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by jlisi984
Agreed that it is good timing. Flights to SYD from the U.S. have somewhat similar timing departing late at night and arriving early morning. Flights to Europe from the U.S. are similar, and it allows of easy connections or a running start on your day.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 11:21 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Striple
On DL 199 SEA-ICN last week they did have slippers. On the return DL 198 ICN-SEA tomorrow and I will note to see if they have them again. I would assume if SEA has them then the ATL flight would too since it is longer.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 5:31 pm

Programs: DL DM
Just a small update to the poster asking if there were slippers, YES I saw them today coming back from ICN.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 10:02 pm

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by randidliyo
This is a great departure time for a 14 hour flight. You get on, tired, eat, sleep, then you're there for a full rested day. I understand about hotel check in and all but most hotels will understand and try to check you in so you can take a nap if you need to.
Similar to the timing I had once flying DTW-LAX-SYD. Flew DTW-LAX on an evening flight, and on arrival transferred to TBIT for my flight to SYD on QF. Leaving LAX around midnight I was dog tired, and in the air I ordered a drink, and told the FA I would take the appetizer plate but would sleep through the dinner service. I had 8 hours of sleep, woke up in good time for breakfast, and landed in SYD around the crack of dawn. The hotel was accommodating and told me my room would be available in a couple of hours, so I walked around downtown Sydney, bought a newspaper and had a second breakfast, then checked in at the hotel and as I had taken a vacation day to have some sightseeing time, explored Sydney for the rest of the day. I never had less trouble with jet lag in my life.

Alternatively, late afternoon or early evening arrivals in Asia can work, because it generally takes a couple of hours to get to the hotel, and it's pretty easy to stay awake until a normal bedtime, and voila, the next day one wakes up at a normal hour. This was my normal procedure when flying to Tokyo in the PMNW days.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 12:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by crank1225
What were your dinner options? What about for other meals (in D1)?
Old Nov 10, 2018, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by GagaPilot
Just a small update to the poster asking if there were slippers, YES I saw them today coming back from ICN.
Great, thank you!
Old Nov 14, 2018, 10:28 am

Programs: DL 2MM GM

xxxxx

Last edited by crank1225; Nov 14, 2018 at 11:39 am Reason: added menu for Friday night

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.