Skipping Leg of outbound flight

Old Mar 17, 2018, 4:19 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by NC_Girl
He called and spoke with an agent who told him that yes, he would have been denied boarding but that since his flight came into MSP a few minutes late was able to use that to make it ok for him to arrive at MSP today and use just the last leg.

Yes, being nice can go a long way... I learned a long time ago how important that can be.

Thanks for the advice... Spot on as usual !!
1) Any idea how late "a few minutes" is?!?

2) Do let us know if he has any problems doing this in real time. I'm sure it's possible that the phone agent deleted the unneeded segments and reissued the ticket properly, but, something just doesn't pass the smell test.

3) Assuming he doesn't have any problems, be sure to tell your friend not to do this again. I think it's fair to say they went WAY OVERBOARD in allowing this, and likely it'll never work again.

Old Mar 17, 2018, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-Plat, Plat Ambassador, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
I will once I hear back from him. Hopefully it will work out. I am pretty sure he will not do this again 😀
Old Mar 17, 2018, 9:40 am

Am I being too harsh? But, since there was never any thought of going to FSD, they were going to drive "somewhere in MN, isn't this an example of when a ticket should be voided/cancelled? Ahhh...Delta consistency...a thing of beauty.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-Plat, Plat Ambassador, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Actually he had planned on going to Sioux Falls and driving ffrom there. Where he was going in MN was an hour drive from Sioux Falls and 3 hours from MSP. He just decided at RDU to see if he could change plans and gate agent led him to believe it was fine (or he didn't understand). He told me RT was double the cost to Sioux Falls vs MSP so pretty sure it was a spur of the moment decision in this case.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 11:15 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by NC_Girl
He told me RT was double the cost to Sioux Falls vs MSP so pretty sure it was a spur of the moment decision in this case.
So, maybe the phone agent actually repriced the ticket to MSP only, and it somehow came out cheaper?
Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by davetravels
1) Any idea how late "a few minutes" is?!?
I'm curious too. I guess they were somehow able to put it in the system as "RDU-MSP arrived late, so customer missed Sioux Falls flight and decided not to fly MSP-Sioux Falls-MSP and will just return from MSP-RDU" It's possible that, say, this was one of those 34 minute connections and the flight was 5 minutes late putting it under MCT (I'm guessing at #s here for illustrative purposes), so it would have been easy to do.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.