Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Disappointing Return Flight on Older Airplane

Disappointing Return Flight on Older Airplane

Old Mar 16, 2018, 7:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by Stu Siegel

*Please don’t tell me first boarding - I have a baby so either way I would have boarded
*Please don’t tell me drinks, the robotic flight attendant rapidly went up the four rows twice in five minutes with champagne and orange juice. Was not the same service I received on the way down.
*Please don’t tell me it was a last minute change we received notification 24 hours prior to flight requesting that we pick our seats and noticed only 4 rows in first class vs the five rows going down
Something all of the first time posters on this site need to learn is keep your complaints specific and direct.

Fortunately the OP did this. To that, I salute you.

To the nature of your complaints -- this is normal. Some flights don't have wifi. Some flights don't have seatback entertainment. It's why people bring their own devices and download content ahead of time, hopefully your next trip will be more pleasant.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by bennos
Almost the entire mainline fleet now operates with satellite based wifi that works over Atlantic.

IME the satellite based services generally work pretty well, with just occasional dropouts. Big improvement over the old ground based system. (I've used it TATL, TPAC, and TCON.)
Cool, I am looking forward to testing it on the A350.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 8:55 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Stu Siegel
Attention Delta:
If a blue collar client is paying $750 for first class both ways of a trip, shouldn’t the amenities offered be the same? Flying from JFK (Flight DL482) we had inflight movies and wonderful in-flight internet with wonderful staff and constant food.

On the way home I was notified with this alert

[img]cid:E04C1F9D-3D3E-4D8D-B394-BF5ABE0D82B2[/img]

The truth of the matter is we are sitting in an old plane (Flight DL790) no prior notification from boarding regarding the lack of, inflight movie service or any TV’s at all and no WiFi (you had to download the app but couldn’t because you were in the air) as the not so friendly crew explained it.

So after a nice flight down, a great family vacation and the happiness and excitement that we paid the extra money for the luxury of first class heading home, I am sitting in a seat that can be equaled to an Emergancy Exit location 15 rows back.

So if the cost the same when the amenities of first class are offered and I should be reimbursed $350 when I'm seating in nothing better that good old coach seating.

*Please don’t tell me first boarding - I have a baby so either way I would have boarded
*Please don’t tell me drinks, the robotic flight attendant rapidly went up the four rows twice in five minutes with champagne and orange juice. Was not the same service I received on the way down.
*Please don’t tell me it was a last minute change we received notification 24 hours prior to flight requesting that we pick our seats and noticed only 4 rows in first class vs the five rows going down

I will call the Delta Customer Service line Friday, and post this email in every social media group I know as well as the FDA website and Delta Yelp, Facebook, Instagram and
whatever other venue I can show my displeasure.

Look forward to a personal response not a generic robotic reply....
If you were in a coffee shop would and the wifi is down is that worth $350? Is a movie or VOD at home on cable worth $350? Nope. You're not out $350 and all this posting sounds like a tantrum vs. a reasonable expectation of the true loss.
Four and a half hour flight and you expect over $80 an hour for wifi and TV, jeez.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 10:33 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
I was going to scold the OP until he explained that he was a blue-collar client.
trooper, FSUnole03, hi55us and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 1:19 pm

Programs: Lost it all and don't care
Maybe we could do a new reality show............"The Kettles fly First"..............

He's probably complaining to the FDA because it was Delta flew him to Mexico and he got Montezuma's Revenge, so it's the airline's fault.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 5:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I think he should complain to the CFTC. An agency with four letters in its acronym is better than one with only three. <this is a joke>
hi55us likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 9:58 pm

Programs: DL Plat
It's important to remember that by posting here you're not writing to Delta, you're writing to a bunch of loyal Delta customers. We can't do anything about your complaints, and we're the most likely people to be offended by them. Maybe the OP knows that and is trolling us, but if not, here’s what you need to know:

With the exception of the 717 and the few remaining unmodded A320s, almost the entire modern mainline Delta fleet has personal TVs at every seat. That is not true on any other major airline, Delta really excels in this area. Delta is also currently installing satellite wifi on its aircraft that works over the oceans, which is also not true of any other major airline. Most planes use ATG wifi which only works over ground. As for the service, it can be hit or miss. I like to think it’s better more often than it isn’t.

If Delta got you from point A to point B in the class of service you paid for, then they did their job perfectly. Next time you’ll probably end up on a freshly modded plane and will enjoy your experience a bit more.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 10:36 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by live5
With the exception of the 717 and the few remaining unmodded A320s, almost the entire modern mainline Delta fleet has personal TVs at every seat. That is not true on any other major airline, Delta really excels in this area.
Don"t forget that the whole MD-88/90 fleet, which is over 150 aircraft, don't have AVOD also, and never will, as they will probably all be retired within 3-4 years!

Last edited by audidudi; Mar 19, 2018 at 10:42 pm
Old Mar 20, 2018, 6:00 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by audidudi
they will probably all be retired within 3-4 years!
I'll take the over on that
Old Mar 20, 2018, 6:20 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
OP has not been back since he posted and I doubt he ever will.

I wish we could lock posts like these, totally worthless.
kop84 and jinglish like this.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by CPMaverick
OP has not been back since he posted and I doubt he ever will.

There should be some auto timer for the OP to comeback on threads like these (especially from a first time poster). Like if OP hasn't responded at least once in the first 24 hours it's locked.
CPMaverick, tentseller and KDS777 like this.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 12:38 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
Easy enough to request -- just click on the report button that's in every post

or

depending on desktop vs mobile site and see if the mods agree.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 12:43 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Or you could just keep posting in the thread and bringing it up to the top of the list.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by davetravels
THIS is just plain silly, because it'll likely turn out to be your fault in the end, in that you didn't see that those amenities weren't listed as available on this plane when you booked your tickets.
Amenities listed during booking can change if the aircraft is swapped after booking.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
This one far outlived its usefulness. I'm sure we'll never hear from the OP again. Lock it up.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.