Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Is it true that Aeromexico tickets purchased via an OTA do not accrue SkyMiles?

Is it true that Aeromexico tickets purchased via an OTA do not accrue SkyMiles?

Old Mar 17, 2018, 4:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TTT
I suspect they are reading this part of the T&Cs and applying it to this request.
[/list]https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-rules.html#em

But as many have posted, a non-opaque bookings through Priceline do earn miles.
To me, this clearly says that ANY ticket purchased through Priceline will not earn DL miles. Others may have been lucky, so YMMV, but I don't think the OP has an argument here.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 5:37 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
To me, this clearly says that ANY ticket purchased through Priceline will not earn DL miles. Others may have been lucky, so YMMV, but I don't think the OP has an argument here.
I would agree that the T&Cs are clear but I have earned miles on multiple Priceline bookings as have many others. There are a few threads here that confirm that many do earn miles on PL bookings as long as they are of the non-opaque variety.

The real issue here is the fact that the OP bought an AM marketed, AM ticketed flight that Delta refuses to give credit for because of the booking method. This seems to be a new excuses to not award mileage. I don't recall a previous discussions that involved partner ticketed/marketed flights and their booking channels impacting mileage earning.
CPMaverick likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by stvr
I called and spoke to another Delta SkyMiles agent in lieu of the email one. Here is what she said:

Priceline (any fare, opaque or not): Never earns SkyMiles.
Travelocity: Never earns SkyMiles.
Expedia: This one is okay because it's not a "budget" OTA.

These rules should be broadcast more widely!
This answer makes no sense. Travelocity is owned by Expedia and uses the same pricing/booking engine.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 5:41 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
I believe the larger issue is not the OTA but the partner not getting your SkyMiles number into the record.

I am doing 4x of the sweet $550 AeroMexico business class mileage runs this year that will result in massive MQDs based on fare class and percentage of distance. The key parts for me are:

1) Making sure at online check-in that I have a copy of the boarding pass e-mailed to me with my SkyMiles number in it (that also shows fare class).

2) I have either at the gate or at airport check-in my boarding pass printed with my SkyMiles number on it. If it is missing I stand firm until they put the number in.

The the above are followed points post in days. When not followed you can have real pain.

BTW I booked all my flights on an OTA.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 5:55 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Renes Points
I believe the larger issue is not the OTA but the partner not getting your SkyMiles number into the record.

I am doing 4x of the sweet $550 AeroMexico business class mileage runs this year that will result in massive MQDs based on fare class and percentage of distance. The key parts for me are:

1) Making sure at online check-in that I have a copy of the boarding pass e-mailed to me with my SkyMiles number in it (that also shows fare class).

2) I have either at the gate or at airport check-in my boarding pass printed with my SkyMiles number on it. If it is missing I stand firm until they put the number in.

The the above are followed points post in days. When not followed you can have real pain.

Wrapping up a JFK/SCL run now (which bought through priceline) and miles posted in under 48 hrs, but have done AM flights (bought on AM) where my skymiles # did not stick to the BP (even though the AM desk said it was attached to my reservation). Miles did not post, although my wife's did. Despite having all the BP's and being ready to mail in, literally all I had to do was call the DM line and feed them my flight info. They did everything over the phone no issues and miles posted in under 24 hrs. It's a funny system and I've had all types of things happen, but I've never had any pushback from DL, and it's never been more than a quick call to resolve. YMMV, obvs
Old Mar 18, 2018, 6:46 am

Programs: DL DM
Wow. Good deal.
(Let us know if you get any extra scrutiny from CBP/DEA...)

Originally Posted by Renes Points

Old Mar 18, 2018, 7:12 pm

Also confirming that I recently earned DL miles according to AM partner earning rates. Ticket was bought from Priceline and was AM marketed, DL operated. Miles posted in roughly the same amount of time as does normally, the next day.
CPMaverick and Renes Points like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.