Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

I have not had pre-check for the last few trips.

Old Mar 13, 18, 8:23 pm
Original Poster
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Delta - DM, MM; Marriott - Peon; Hilton/HI: SubPeon

I'm really not sure what is going down. I have pre-check because of GE. But since the last update of the Delta App on my phone (? may be the issue) I have not had a BP imprinted with this at all.

Is it something I should take up with Delta, or (god hope no) TSA?
Old Mar 13, 18, 8:50 pm

Programs: DL DM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime GE), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by tanglin View Post
I'm really not sure what is going down. I have pre-check because of GE. But since the last update of the Delta App on my phone (? may be the issue) I have not had a BP imprinted with this at all.

Is it something I should take up with Delta, or (god hope no) TSA?
Is your Trusted Traveler number listed in your Delta profile? Make sure that it is there.
Old Mar 13, 18, 9:38 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles KM, Sky Club/Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by RealHJ View Post
Is your Trusted Traveler number listed in your Delta profile? Make sure that it is there.
Sometimes it may be in the Delta profile, but still won't "stick" to the reservation. To remedy, go to a full-service agent at the ticket counter and ask them to enter it. Entering it directly using SNAPP/DLTerm usually does the trick.
CPMaverick likes this.
Old Mar 13, 18, 10:00 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLTAM
Take it up with DL, give yourself extra time on the first leg of an itinerary, and if the BP doesn't show Precheck, go to the counter and have them re-enter your TT number. It should work then and for the rest of your itinerary. For future itineraries, make sure your TT is on DL.com, sometimes it disappears for no reason.
Old Mar 13, 18, 10:25 pm

Programs: found DM luggage tag at ORD checkpoint
This happened to me last year. Probably 4-5 times in a row ex-DTW before reappearing for DTW-AMS and disappearing again for another several trips ex-DTW/ORD/LGA/JFK. The real hassle was the behavior of TSOs, never mind the line, at the non-PreCheck lane at JFK. (Also I'd been receiving X on my GE slips consistently for over one year)

PreCheck designation reappeared on all my boarding passes so far in 2018 with no issues, and GE finally worked properly for the first time few weeks ago at JFK.
Old Mar 13, 18, 11:01 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: LH, DL
Is it something I should take up with Delta?
Yes you can call Delta.

This has happened twice to me, on DL and one other airline.
I called, asked the agent to 1)uncheck me in 2) re-enter my KTN.

Then I wait a bit and recheck in, get Precheck for the same and subsequent flights.

Old Mar 14, 18, 12:07 am

Programs: DL DM, MM; Marriott Plat
I had an issue a while back with pre-check. My travel agency updated their system and got the wrong number. The TA version overroad the DL version for each reservation until I changed it back. Go check that version too.
Old Mar 14, 18, 4:32 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
The missing Trusted Traveller number happened to me again too. For some reason, it seems to randomly disappear from your delta.com profile.
Old Mar 14, 18, 7:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Especially on international itineraries, sometimes just reprinting the boarding pass, either at a kiosk or asking a DL agent to do this for you, makes PreCheck reappear.
Old Mar 14, 18, 8:06 am
Original Poster
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Thanks everyone for the above. I am flying MCO-LAX tonight and will do as suggested, but I can definitely see my KTN in my Delta profile.

I did try the reprint trip at LAX on Sunday but no joy.

I'll post my results.

Last edited by tanglin; Mar 14, 18 at 4:28 pm
Old Mar 14, 18, 8:35 am
LBJ
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM
Thanks everyone for the above. I am flying MCO- will do as suggested, but I can definitely see my KTN in my Delta profile.

I did try the reprint trip at LAX on Sunday but no joy.

I'll post my results.
If you have existing reservations, you should also check them individually to make sure that it is there. I don't believe updating it in your profile will necessarily add it to existing reservations (or correct them if it is wrong).
Old Mar 14, 18, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Hyatt Diamond
I've had it happen twice. Precheck didn't appear and I called Delta and the number for some reason wasn't in that reservation even though it wa sin my profile and the agent unchecked me and added it and when I check back in it was there.

Also make sure your name is identical in your delta profile to what is it on your trusted traveler number. I didn't get it precheck the first time after obtaining my trusted traveler number (I have precheck only not GE) and found out it was because when I applied for precheck they used my full middle name off the passport and Delta only had my middle initial. Delta unchecked me in and added the full middle name and then it appeared.
Old Mar 14, 18, 9:48 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by LBJ View Post
If you have existing reservations, you should also check them individually to make sure that it is there. I don't believe updating it in your profile will necessarily add it to existing reservations (or correct them if it is wrong).
How do I know if it is attached to my existing reservation? When I open up "secure flight data and passenger information" it has a check and says "secure flight information on file". It has this for all three of us and only two of us have KTN's (one is a minor). None of the fields are filled in (nothing under gender, DOB, KTN, etc.). If there a way to see if my KTN is on this reservation? My KTN is listed in my profile. Thanks.
Old Mar 14, 18, 4:20 pm
Original Poster
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

So, I'm now at MCO (in the SC) after getting through with Pre Check! Flight to LAX delayed so enjoying a cabernet .

I went to the Delta desk as advised, and the person there looked up my account. I gave her my KTN, she confiirmed it was the same as in the account, but that 'it didn't look right'.

The number was in the format K########J, where the #'s are actually 8 numbers. When I showed her my GE number, in the format 9########, she said ' Oh that looks more like it". She entered that in my reservation and reprinted my BP, and voila - PreCheck!

The thing is I have never changed my KTN from the K########J one (K J are actually my first name and surname initials), and it worked before for years.

So although I am happy I am not sure what really was the issue. Maybe a change on the Homeland Security front?

I notice also she didn't change it in my profile, maybe the override was enough to issue the BP but I guess I will have to update it before my next flight.

Last edited by tanglin; Mar 14, 18 at 4:30 pm Reason: Typos
Old Mar 14, 18, 4:24 pm
Original Poster
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Originally Posted by LBJ View Post
I just checked my only existing reservation and it did not have the information in there, although it did state it was 'on file'. Anyway I entered my GE number and I'll see what happens when I check in to that one in a month's time.