Lack of Comfort+ on CRJ 200?

Old Jul 9, 21, 10:20 am

Programs: Delta Gold, United Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
AFAIK there's more legroom in the exit row seats on a CRJ-200. (The exit row is fairly far back in the aircraft.)
Not that Iíve ever experienced
DiverDave likes this.
Old Jul 9, 21, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
AFAIK there's more legroom in the exit row seats on a CRJ-200. (The exit row is fairly far back in the aircraft.)
IF there is, it is very little.
Old Jul 9, 21, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The words “Comfort” (+ - or indifferent) and “CRJ 200” don’t belong in the same sentence.
Old Jul 9, 21, 9:34 pm

Programs: Delta DM (no bag tags), United Silver, Spirit - one and done, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, Avis- owes me one
I'm not sure why all the hate for the Devil's Chariot? Remember the Saab 340? And that f'ing Fokker what ever it was. At least the CRJ2 is a jet that gets to the smaller airports with ease. Now, I don't complain that FAR service has been upgauged from a CRJ2 to CRJ9's with 2/3 as many flights per day. But what will happen to the smaller airports that are only served by 50 seaters?

Personally, I'll consider flying with the devil from a smaller airport rather than drive on that hellish I-94 to the hell known as Minneapolis. Options are nice to have.
Old Jul 9, 21, 11:40 pm

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
I flew the Devil's Chariot for the first time in ages this past weekend (MSN - DTW re-route from MSN - ATL). They did offer us row 1 as "C+" when re-booking us but I declined (we both had small backpack and preferred to have them under the seat in front of us instead of the overhead.

It wasn't nearly as bad as I remember it but we were certainly helped by the fact that it was (a) a short flight and (b) a perfect day weather-wise
Old Jul 10, 21, 4:29 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Aeroplan Elite 75K
I am sitting in row 1 on MQT-DTW right now. The seat does in fact say C+ on it.
Old Jul 10, 21, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DLASflyer View Post
I am sitting in row 1 on MQT-DTW right now. The seat does in fact say C+ on it.
As noted above, they don't have some special separate fleet just for these routes. So, it's some odd marketing issue with DL where they don't market C+ for a segment of routes (Skywest CRJ-200 flights with 4200/4300 series flight numbers) even though all the equipment will have C+ designated seats. They look to mostly be EAS routes, but not all. Also, there's no Basic Economy fares available for non-stop's (which makes a certain amount of sense for the EAS routes given the subsidies). MSP-XWA looks to be the longest at 551 miles.

DTW-IMT
DTW-MQT
DTW-ESC
DTW-APN
DTW-CIU
DTW-PLN
DTW-LSE
DTW-FWA

MSP-CIU
MSP-MQT
MSP-ESC
MSP-IMT
MSP-LSE
MSP-FWA
MSP-RHI
MSP-HIB
MSP-BRD
MSP-INL
MSP-XWA
MSP-ABR
MSP-LNK

Last edited by xliioper; Jul 10, 21 at 8:43 am
Old Jul 10, 21, 7:56 am

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Ringer909 View Post
I'm not sure why all the hate for the Devil's Chariot? Remember the Saab 340? And that f'ing Fokker what ever it was. At least the CRJ2 is a jet that gets to the smaller airports with ease. Now, I don't complain that FAR service has been upgauged from a CRJ2 to CRJ9's with 2/3 as many flights per day. But what will happen to the smaller airports that are only served by 50 seaters?

Personally, I'll consider flying with the devil from a smaller airport rather than drive on that hellish I-94 to the hell known as Minneapolis. Options are nice to have.
I enjoyed my Saab flights, both in NW and US colors, single seat row, decently smooth, and nearly as fast. I don't call a Fokker in NW/DL colors, just the Avro85 that was a fuel hog flying couch.
Old Jul 13, 21, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL PM, UA 1K, WN A-List, HH DIA, Hyatt Glob, IHG Dia-AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by VFR View Post
It could be that on flights with "on request" drink service (<250 mi), enough of the Comfort+ service standard is not met (the legroom's not that great and no free drinks) that Delta sells the seats as preferred instead of risking unhappy customers who paid for C+ and didn't derive much benefit.

DTW-FWA is 128 mi Ė no C+
DTW-SCE is 301 mi Ė yes C+
That would definitely be a new thing. I flew in C+ last year on ATL-VLD which is 208 miles and CSG-ATL which is only 83.

Reasons for all the hate for the CRJ-200 include, but are not limited to:

- One bathroom at the rear of the plane
- Tiny windows set at a low level which are frequently scratched
- Single class
- No seats with perceptible extra legroom
- No Wifi
- No Power

At least the Saab had a decent exit row.
Spiff and renila like this.
Old Jul 13, 21, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post
That would definitely be a new thing. I flew in C+ last year on ATL-VLD which is 208 miles and CSG-ATL which is only 83.
It's not related to stage length. It's a Skywest thing (but not all Skywest CR2 flights). All the CR2 flights out of ATL look to be Endeavor.
Old Jul 13, 21, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
I'm not sure why all the hate for the Devil's Chariot? Remember the Saab 340? And that f'ing Fokker what ever it was.
I will take any offering from Saab and any offering from Fokker any day over a CR1 or CR2.

The original CRJ ranks hands down, the worst aircraft I've ever flown on from a passenger comfort point of view, a list that includes many, many airplanes.
Spiff, rylan and ohhleary like this.
Old Feb 20, 22, 4:45 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
For the life of me I cannot figure out why Atlanta gets SBN-ATL in a CRJ200 but DTW-SBN gets the 700/900. Must have to do with loads but still. So unpleasant.
Old Feb 20, 22, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by cfabar1 View Post
For the life of me I cannot figure out why Atlanta gets SBN-ATL in a CRJ200 but DTW-SBN gets the 700/900. Must have to do with loads but still. So unpleasant.
Loads. I've flown ATL/SBN in CRJ7/9 though. It just depends on time.

Last edited by flyerCO; Feb 20, 22 at 8:43 pm
Old Feb 20, 22, 6:34 pm

Programs: DL DM
Based on the route I fly weekly, I have the impression that the no CRJ200s to LGA rule has created some distortions which are not load based, forcing 200s on routes that have the loads for 700 and 900s, and conversely putting empty 7s and 9s into LGA (which remains less busy post COVID).
Old Feb 21, 22, 7:10 am

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP, AA, UA, B6, HA, WN, Delta SkyClub, Alaska Lounge, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by cfabar1 View Post
SBN-ATL had a 900 from about March of last year to about September-ish. I fly this route very frequently and donít really get it either, the last three times Iíve done this route in the 200 weíve had weight issues because of the new FAA weights on the 200 not to mention that flight is a long time on a 200. It needs at least a 700 back desperately.

Search this Thread