Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lack of Comfort+ on CRJ 200?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2019, 1:50 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by AeRoSpaceman
Why not just check your bag if you know you are going to be on a CR2? Not worth the hassle..
Checking a bag can be quite the hassle too. Just depends on what's going on. If I need to arrive to the airport with less time to spare than normal, or need to get out of the airport at my destination quickly, I won't check a bag. If I am transiting to another flight on a separate ticket, where it is impossible to check it through, I won't check a bag.

If I have heaps of time and don't want to drag my bag along with me, I'm happy enough to check it. But that is unusual.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 6:34 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
That's strange. I have the exact same spec bags, one Salsa (zipper) and one Limbo (hinged, like the AL versions but composite). Both fit perfectly in a CR2 bin. I used to fly DTW-BHM often on the CR2 and had many back-and-forths with the FA before they were shocked it fit.

The CR2 bin is based on the IATA specs which Rimowa matches. It should fit. Actual Rimowa dimensions are 15.8 x 21.7 x 7.9

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/...m/rmw-bag0154/

EDIT: Found a photo of a Rimowa business trolley on a CR2. I know this is not the same as your bag, it is 16.1 x 8.1 x 16.1, so the only difference is length. it doesn't look like it fits, but the bin does close.

https://i.stack.imgur.com/86v8S.jpg
https://i.stack.imgur.com/R0HGL.jpg
https://travel.stackexchange.com/questions/35581/is-there-room-for-a-rollaboard-in-a-crj-200-overhead-bin
Mine must be fake! Jokes aside, I will have to try it again. Although I hope it works, because nothing is worse than being that guy who swears to the FA it fits only to have to get back off the plane and pink tag. Walk of shame!
CPMaverick likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 6:00 am

It fits. No walk of shame. Thanks CPMaverick.

AANYC1981 and MEABFlyer like this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 8:14 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Former Amtrak Select, Former Hilton Gold
Worth noting the exit row on the CR2 does have extra legroom despite what seatguru says.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 11:40 am

Programs: AA Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lost_perspicacity
Worth noting the exit row on the CR2 does have extra legroom despite what seatguru says.
I just found that out on my LGA-ORF flight on Sunday. Thankfully it was only a 45 minute flight.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 8:47 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lost_perspicacity
If it does it certainly doesn't feel that way.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 1:56 pm

If DL would limit the A/B pair and C/D to a single passenger in each, like european biz class and ensure that all crj armrests in row 1 are movable (IME there's a mix that tilts towards fixed), I'd consider C+ on the CRJ an upgrade. Otherwise, the only "CRJ upgrade" is the random chance no one is seated next to you.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 10:11 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Lack of C+ on some CRJ-200 (EAS routes?)

I just booked DTW-MQT (Marquette). The CRJ doesn’t have C+ (Row one is not marketed that way). That got me thinking (and checking)…. Do the EAS crjs not have C+?

not that it matters much but 1B/C have the “best” leg room on the devils chariot and I’d like to book it if I can as a Platinum. instead it’s blocked and not sold as C+.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

DTW-MQT is not an EAS route. It's seems to be a marketing thing on certain (but not all) Skywest routes. DTW-FWA and MSP-LSE also do not have C+ marketed seats. It's safe to assume they don't actually have a separate fleet of CRJs without C+ seats for these routes.
Spiff likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Pianoman109876
I just booked DTW-MQT (Marquette). The CRJ doesn’t have C+ (Row one is not marketed that way). That got me thinking (and checking)…. Do the EAS crjs not have C+?

not that it matters much but 1B/C have the “best” leg room on the devils chariot and I’d like to book it if I can as a Platinum. instead it’s blocked and not sold as C+.
Its technically C+. However they have to block those seats for disability accommodation. Otherwise if they sell them and a disabled passenger in Y requests the bulkhead they have to "downgrade" the C+ passenger in order to accommodate the disabled passenger in bulkhead. (While treated by DL as separate cabins,the DOT considers C+ to be nothing more than economy cabin with extra space)

They become assignable DoD if not needed for accommodation.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nope, this is different. Same aircraft/airline, but the front row seats are Main Cabin marketed on certain routes. Yes, they are all blocked for selection, but they are also all Main Cabin marketed. Something else unusual about these routes is that there appear to be no Basic Economy fares on them and the flight numbers all look to be in 4200/4300 series.

Last edited by xliioper; Jul 9, 2021 at 7:10 am
Old Jul 9, 2021, 7:06 am
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
It could be that on flights with "on request" drink service (<250 mi), enough of the Comfort+ service standard is not met (the legroom's not that great and no free drinks) that Delta sells the seats as preferred instead of risking unhappy customers who paid for C+ and didn't derive much benefit.

DTW-FWA is 128 mi – no C+
DTW-SCE is 301 mi – yes C+
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VFR
It could be that on flights with "on request" drink service (<250 mi), enough of the Comfort+ service standard is not met (the legroom's not that great and no free drinks) that Delta sells the seats as preferred instead of risking unhappy customers who paid for C+ and didn't derive much benefit.

DTW-FWA is 128 mi – no C+
DTW-SCE is 301 mi – yes C+
DTW-MQT is 348 miles and DTW-LSE is 414 miles and neither have C+. The drink service threshold for C+ was changed to 350 miles a few years back -- https://www.delta.com/us/en/onboard/...a-comfort-plus

Last edited by xliioper; Jul 9, 2021 at 7:24 am
Old Jul 9, 2021, 7:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
AFAIK there's more legroom in the exit row seats on a CRJ-200. (The exit row is fairly far back in the aircraft.)
Old Jul 9, 2021, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
AFAIK there's more legroom in the exit row seats on a CRJ-200. (The exit row is fairly far back in the aircraft.)
Row 8 (out of 13)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.