Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lack of Comfort+ on CRJ 200?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2019, 8:41 pm

Programs: Marriott, IHG, Delta, United
Unsure on drinks, as all my CR2 flights recently were too short.

I will point out though that several times on a CR2 flight, the flight attendant has asked for volunteers up front to go sit in back because of weight balance issues. So effectively you could get “upgraded” to a C+ seat, but then moved again to the back of the bus.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 11:34 pm

Programs: Delta 360/DM/3MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
In my history of of being C+ on CR2 flights, I have gotten an alcoholic beverage on the flights that had a service (DTW-MQT or DTW-APN, for example), although occasionally have to remind the FA that I'm in C+. Also, when they have moved people to the back, they have specifically asked rows 2-4, knowing that row 1 is C+. Just my experiences.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by spudley007
In my history of of being C+ on CR2 flights, I have gotten an alcoholic beverage on the flights that had a service (DTW-MQT or DTW-APN, for example), although occasionally have to remind the FA that I'm in C+. Also, when they have moved people to the back, they have specifically asked rows 2-4, knowing that row 1 is C+. Just my experiences.
Both of these flights are actually too short to qualify for free booze in C+ (350 miles). Although DTW-MQT is only short by a couple miles. It used to be 250 miles, but they changed it to 350 in late 2017. I was offered a free drink on DTW-IMT and then denied it on the return as FA indicated it did not qualify. I later looked up the distance and saw that it was 343 miles, so the second FA was technically correct.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 8:01 am

Programs: DL DM
IME, at the very start of C+ on the CR2, they’d ask for weight and balance volunteers from both rows 1&2, but now I’ve only seen them ask row 2, which is the reason to avoid row 2.

Even on water and coffee only CR2 fights, the trolleys often have alcoholic drinks (beer at least, haven’t ordered anything else) and I’ve never been denied one when I ask. My typical practice is to sit in C+ until boarding is complete, move back to an empty row if one exists, and remind FA with smile that I was in C+ before moving.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 10:15 am

I spend way more time than I want on the CRJ2. I can sometimes get alcohol in row 1, but I have to ask for it. Labeling row 1 as C+ is a disingenuous money grab. There isn’t enough overhead storage, the seats are narrower due to the “hard” armrest, and the service is identical to the rest of the cabin. The only positive is that you are 1st off that torture device. I understand that they are phasing them out, but it’s 10 years too late.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by VX N281VA
I've noticed that some CR2 routes sell comfort plus and have W inventory. Other CR2 routes do not sell comfort plus nor do they have W inventory, but the first row of the plane is still labeled Comfort+ and its a premium seat free for elites/fee for non-elites.

On these routes that don't sell it as C+, does sitting in row 1 still confer free alcoholic beverages, time permitting?
Can you provide a sample or two of the CRJ routes that don't offer C+ or W?
Old Feb 3, 2019, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by OHDL1
MSP-MQT
Old Feb 3, 2019, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OHDL1
Lots of examples from DTW. DTW-IMT/ESC/MQT/APN/PLN/CIU/BGM/ITH/SCE/ABE/SWF
Entire first row is blocked until the 24 hour mark when they can be selected as Preferred (not C+) seats. The physical seats still have Comfort+ on them, DL just doesn't sell W fares on them or have automatic upgrades.

These are all Skywest routes, but there are some (like DTW-ERI) that offer C+. Not clear how they decide which routes have them for sale and which don't.

Last edited by xliioper; Feb 4, 2019 at 7:24 am
Old Feb 4, 2019, 6:55 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
I fly DTW-ABE on a CRJ200 - there are no C+ seats.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 7:23 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Fortunately I don't have to endure CR2s on Delta. Just on United for 2 hour flights like PSC-SFO which considers row 1 "economy+"...
Old Feb 4, 2019, 8:00 am
GRG

Programs: DL SM
Hey all, newb here.

My spouse and I have an upcoming flight to meet some friends in FL. They're flying on a CRJ out of MQT (both ways) that's operated by SkyWest and they said it does not offer Comfort+. We're flying out of TVC and our CRJ (only on the way home) is operated by Endeavor Air which does offer Comfort+. We were booked in 1A/B as C/D were already taken. Isn't Endeavor actually owned by Delta? Maybe that's what determines which CRJ's offer Comfort+.

Last edited by GRG; Feb 4, 2019 at 8:13 am
Old Feb 4, 2019, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GRG
Hey all, newb here.

My spouse and I have an upcoming flight to meet some friends in FL. They're flying on a CRJ out of MQT (both ways) that's operated by SkyWest and they said it does not offer Comfort+. We're flying out of TVC and our CRJ (only on the way home) is operated by Endeavor Air which does offer Comfort+. We were booked in 1A/B as C/D were already taken. Isn't Endeavor actually owned by Delta? Maybe that's what determines which CRJ's offer Comfort+.
As I noted above, DTW-ERI is a Skywest route, and yet it offers C+ for sale. DTW-MDT is a mixed route (Skywest/Endeavor), and yet offers C+ for sale on both Skywest and Endeavor CRJ's. Seats 1C/D are not actually "taken", they are reserved for passengers with special needs. You will see they are always blocked no matter how off into the future you are booking.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 4:00 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester

I forget if this has been commented on previously, but I just noticed the seat pockets for row 2 (i.e. on the back of row 1) have the C+ styling, even though only row 1 is "C+"

Last edited by Zorak; Apr 16, 2019 at 5:07 pm
Old Apr 16, 2019, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
they're just rubbing it in ... hoping to make the pax in Row 2 regret they didn't buy up
Old Apr 16, 2019, 7:29 pm
formerly jackvogt

Programs: Delta SkyMiles,
Are they really that bad? It feels small, and the windows are a pain to look out of but other than that I don't mind and they certainly beat the 10 hr drive to Louisiana where there isn't enough traffic to support anything larger.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.