Lack of Comfort+ on CRJ 200?

Old Nov 19, 2016, 5:51 am

Programs: Delta Plat, Marriott Life Gold, ***Princess Status***
XNA-MSP is 780 just flew this Nov 14th. Good times. 1A
Old Jan 21, 2017, 5:49 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by WWads
Yes. There are technically two 50-seater CRJ models out there. The 100s are generally operated by ExpressJet, while the 200s are operated by Endeavor and others.

The 100s have more exit row legroom. The 200s do not.
Originally Posted by jrl767
extra leg room in 8 is no more than an inch, and it may be somewhat psychological since I'm pretty sure 7 is even more limited recline than the other rows
Originally Posted by Zorak
Lucky you I have two more CRJ segments scheduled before the end of the year. Will try to take an actual measurement unless someone else beats me to it
Didn't get to this in 2016 but I'm seated in 8B of a CR2 (9E) right now. Don't have a measuring tape on me and my USB cables are not within convenient reach, but I used a Sky magazine as a reference and although I am eyeballing it, I swear row 8 looks like it has maybe as much as 2 extra inches over row 9. Measured at the seat cushion (not sure if the armrests are shorter in the exit row)
Old Jan 21, 2017, 3:34 pm

On the CRJ, the first row of enhanced service seats should be called UC+ - uncomfortable plus. The plus gets you free drinks, small and cramped aircraft, lack of wifi and lack of leg room.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 4:35 pm

Programs: Delta 2MM Diamond, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton DIA, Hertz President's Circle, National EE
UC+ sucks

Flew this home FWA to DTW (28 mins) no nothing, not even water (BUT we had the seat leather Comfort+ NOT
Old Mar 13, 2018, 5:25 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
C+ on CRJ 200

I saw something today I hadn't seen before (I admittedly try to avoid CRJ 200's). I was on a DL Connection flight (operated by Endeavor) from DTW to ROC, the bulkhead row was designated as Comfort+. You could only book them via upgrade, the service was no different, the spacing no different than any 200's bulkhead but the seat covers were different and had the comfort graphics embroidered on them. All 4 of us upgraded to them were a bit puzzled why they even existed (nothing on a 200 should be called comfort btw). Is this new? Is this common?
Old Mar 13, 2018, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
This has been the case for some time on all the 50-seat CRJs. It is pretty laughable, given that those seats actually have less legroom than the average seat, unless you're in 1B/C and can snake one foot around the side of the bulkhead.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 5:54 pm

I think it was introduced about a year ago if I remember correctly. Reason I remember, was I was booked on a CRJ in a bulkhead, they introduced CRJ "C+" and I got kicked out. I had IRROPs and wound up on a normal sized aircraft so all was well
Old Mar 13, 2018, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
It’s rather pointless, especially since the FAA requires two of the seats to be blocked out.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 6:29 pm

Programs: DL MM, DL Plat
The only positive thing about Row 1 as Comfort Plus-- free cocktails. And you need them on a CRJ-200.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 6:33 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
That was sort of my expectation (a higher level of service) but not only did we not get that, for the 50 minute flight all that was offered (plane wide) was water bottles. It just seemed like a total joke to have 1 row of C+ and offer nothing different than the rest of the plane

Originally Posted by Florida Boy
The only positive thing about Row 1 as Comfort Plus-- free cocktails. And you need them on a CRJ-200.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 7:11 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, Hilton
I'm not a big fan of bulkhead seats to begin with, but these are downright unpleasant. Another "feature" is that the sun shades have to be up during taxi, take off, and landing. During a long taxi on a Summer day on the sunward side of the plane, it turned my seat from just sweltering to a blast furnace. We were offered free drinks once we got in the air, but by then I had to drink water to try and rehydrate.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 7:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
CRJ200 C+ timeline

Originally Posted by Lehava
I saw something today I hadn't seen before (I admittedly try to avoid CRJ 200's). I was on a DL Connection flight (operated by Endeavor) from DTW to ROC, the bulkhead row was designated as Comfort+. You could only book them via upgrade, the service was no different, the spacing no different than any 200's bulkhead but the seat covers were different and had the comfort graphics embroidered on them. All 4 of us upgraded to them were a bit puzzled why they even existed (nothing on a 200 should be called comfort btw). Is this new? Is this common?
The 1st rumor was published OCT 2016 by Laptoptravel: laptoptravel: Big Announcement Coming from Delta on Comfort Plus Upgrade Procedures and You Are Going to Like It!

Delta confirmed to me on the blog the testing NOV 2016: CONFIRMED! Delta IS testing installed Comfort+ seats on CRJ200s! - Renés PointsRenés Points

Delta employee and Flyertalker confirmed March 2017 they would go live April 1st (not a joke): https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28046419-post33.html

So, no not really new but yes it is ALL to common. BTW, try "downgrading" from a W fare that puts you in C+ when you really want to be in the exit row.

Here is my RANT on the dumb seat that I think says it all: A Sunday RANT: Whoever at Delta decided row 1 CRJ200 to be C+ seats should be FIRED! - Renés PointsRenés Points

Lehava likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 7:36 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.7MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton LT DM
When this change first came about it surprised me. I found out when I got ‘upgraded’ on a plane type that at the time I was unaware even had C+. As Previously mentioned, the only upsides here are free drinks and the freedom of one leg, assuming you snag an aisle. When I’m forced to fly on these dreadful beasts now I typically remove myself from the UG list.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 8:08 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles DM, Hertz President Circle, Enterprise Platinum, IHG, BW Diamond Select, AA EXP
Nothing about row 1 on a CRJ 200 is comfort anything. Row 2 or 3 is my choice, especially if you luck out and have the row of 2 seats to yourself. First time I experienced C+ on this plane last year sometime and ordered a drink, FA charged me for it. I said cocktails are free in C+, she said that was news to her. Didn’t argue...not worth it for $8 or whatever.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 10:57 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
"Comfort + Pain" = CRJ Torture Tube

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.