Overheard on Your Delta Flight

Old Mar 12, 2018, 8:34 pm

Programs: DL Silver - uh huh!
“Have you ever heard of hepatitis A?”

Flight attendant to man who was walking atound the cabin barefoot, including to the lav.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by CosmosHuman

Trust me, I live here, I want out!
The R & R Hall of Fame not doing it for you anymore?
Old Mar 12, 2018, 10:20 pm

Programs: DL DM
JFK-BOS:
On takeoff, the woman begins narrating everything she sees out the window to her boyfriend, except it's all completely wrong. Every bridge is the George Washington Bridge. Every building is Foxwoods. And towards landing, every coastline is Revere Beach.
KKILR3 likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by rdurlabhji
"Remind her we are in a non disclosure agreement" - on the phone, loudly enough for most of the plane to hear.
Was his hair orange?
MrAndy1369 and lupine like this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 12:58 am

Programs: former MD-88 jumpseat Medallion. DL FO, AA PLT PRO. Marriott LT Plat.
In the days of the merger with Northwest, I was on a DC9 flight out of MSP. All 3 variants of the DC9 were still in service (-30, -40, and -50). Back then, NWA used the same safety card for all of the DC9 fleet, because the exits and equipage were the same. The front of the safety card said "DC9-30/40/50"

Anyways, I'm sitting in the last row of FC, and the guy in the bulkhead behind me turns to his wife and says (in a very thick, Jerry-Lundegaard-from-Fargo accent) "Ooooh! Looks like we're on a DC9 THIRTY FORTY FIFTY today."

Quite the observant one, bless his heart.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 5:05 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
About ten years ago, an elderly lady, the kind who was still used to dressing up for flights, sat across the aisle from me on a JFK-LAX mid afternoon flight in economy. She seemed clearly ill at ease, and when the person in front of her reclined their seat fully into her, she was very visibly startled, and exclaimed something like, "ooh my! First class isn't like this at all!"

I thought it was a hoot.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Mrs. Lee, while settling into 2D on an M88 over the weekend: "What are the planes where you turn left when you board? I like those better."

She doesn't know it, but she is definitely one of us.
BenA, MSPeconomist, wrp96 and 7 others like this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 12:09 pm

A few ago, I was seated next to a very elderly lady in F on a 753. The pilot walks down the aisle and the elderly lady turns to me and says, "Oh my, we have a woman pilot. I hope we make it there all right." Probably the most cringeworthy thing I have ever heard.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 2:03 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Was on an evening flight from BOS-MCO back in September. I was sitting in the Gate area and I see a FA laughing hard at something on her phone and she was even showing other pax. She seemed like she was a little tipsey. I get on the plane and of course she is the F cabin FA and when taking meal orders she cannot finish reading the second choice of “meatballs” without dying of laughter. It took her three times to say what the choice was before I could finally understand her without her laughing. She also didn’t do a very good job of securing the galley as during takeoff, the container holding all of the glass cups comes flying out of the galley and ends up almost hitting the guy seated in 1B and all of the glasses shattered and she eventually gets up and says oops and starts to laugh. After the flight, I was talking to the guy that was sitting across the aisle from me and we both agreed that she had probably had a little bit too much to drink before the flight.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 2:18 pm

Programs: No flights since April 2019 (Medical Issues). Lost all my status.
I was looking up at the gate monitor, and noted that I was #3 on the upgrade list. The first two names on the list were “GOD, A” and “GOD, B”. A person standing next to me said; “You better hope there are more than two seats available”.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 3:11 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by RRDD
I was looking up at the gate monitor, and noted that I was #3 on the upgrade list. The first two names on the list were “GOD, A” and “GOD, B”. A person standing next to me said; “You better hope there are more than two seats available”.
I have a picture somewhere of the GID showing I was upgraded over GOD.
tentseller and wrp96 like this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 7:38 pm

Programs: Delta GM
Guy on phone in MSP men's room, seemingly talking to his young daughter:

Man this place is busy today... No no, not the bathroom. The bathroom isn't busy - the airport is. A lot of people flying to all different places... No no, they're WALKING around the airport to get on the PLANES that will fly them.
lupine, MSPeconomist and Raven_FL like this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 7:51 pm

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
Originally Posted by RRDD
I had a similar conversation recently with #3 for 1 seat available. I was #2. In the number one position was....WIN, I

Needless to say, she won.
wrp96 and Howste like this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 10:11 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
ATL-SEA FA (in Southern accent): "would you like the chicken or veggiteranean entree?"
One flight several years ago, the FA was taking meal orders.

FA: Will you have the chicken? Or the ganache?
Me (to myself): We couldn't possibly be having ganache for dinner.???
Me (to the FA): I'll have the chicken I guess.
Seatmate: Ummm. I'll have the other thing.

He got a nice plate of gnocchi.
wrp96 and KKILR3 like this.

Last edited by 18sas; Mar 13, 2018 at 10:17 pm
Old Mar 14, 2018, 11:17 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
A few years ago I was flying LIM-ATL and the FA asked me if I wanted "creipis" for breakfast. Took me a while to figure out that she was actually offering me crępes.
wrp96 and jinglish like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.