Overheard on Your Delta Flight

Old Mar 9, 2018, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by ty97
Not on board, but at TPA this past weekend, I overheard a gentleman remark to wife (I'm guessing it was his wife?) in an exasperated tone:
"I can't believe our flight is full. Who the #@*) wants to go to Cleveland?!"
Similar story from boarding my flight to DTW a few years back when I overheard ...
"What's with all these people? I though Detroit was exit only."
Old Mar 9, 2018, 6:30 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by Lehava
During boarding on a msp to Fargo flight, 80+ year oId man sitting behind me in first having phone sex with two different women. It finally got bad enough I turned around looked at him and said "Really?".

This was years ago, still gives me nightmares
Hahaha I had this happen at the SLC SkyClub one time. Wasn't 80+ years old, but at the very least 60 and SO loud. I was traumatized.
Lehava likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 6:37 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Janus777
and my favorite is "Panama?!!? Panama?!? Panama the Country?!? PANAMA?! PANAMA?!"
I wonder if the airline has ever decided to schedule flights to ECP and PTY at adjacent gates, and how much a GA would have to anger operations enough to let that happen.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 9:05 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Delta One Cabin in a 764. A couple sits in the middle section next to me, very excited to sit upfront. Her quote: "Wow, Thank you for this amazing trip, this is real luxury". His Quote: "I told you I was buying the best first class seat in the world". My Comment: "You haven't seen anything yet! Wait until they bring you a glass of champagne or when your seat converts into a flat bed". I cannot explain their reaction when they heard champagne and flat bed.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by SDQBound
Delta One Cabin in a 764. A couple sits in the middle section next to me, very excited to sit upfront. Her quote: "Wow, Thank you for this amazing trip, this is real luxury". His Quote: "I told you I was buying the best first class seat in the world". My Comment: "You haven't seen anything yet! Wait until they bring you a glass of champagne or when your seat converts into a flat bed". I cannot explain their reaction when they heard champagne and flat bed.
Here on FT, we would be complaining about being on an obsolete, coffin like D1 767 seat. It was funny because I was boarding a 764 in ATL recently and the GA said that we would be “riding in style today on our state of the art 764.” I had a good laugh there for a second when he said state of the art.
jinglish likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by beachmouse
I wonder if the airline has ever decided to schedule flights to ECP and PTY at adjacent gates, and how much a GA would have to anger operations enough to let that happen.
I think the worst could be putting CMH (Columbus, OH), CSG (Columbus, GA), and GTR (Columbus, MS) all next to each other, as DL does serve all three.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 2:17 pm

Programs: DL Million Miler
Newly minted Silver elite walks onto DTW-LHR flight - - turns toward the Business cabin but is immediately redirected to his seat toward the way back of coach. Surveys the ocean of cramped seats, and haughtily declares, in a working-class English accent: " So THIS is Silver Class."
jinglish likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 2:24 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
On a flight into DCA:

Dad to kid: "Let's see if we can find the White House."
Kid: "But a lot of these houses are white!"
Old Mar 10, 2018, 2:27 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
Still at the gate, FA says "Is there a carpenter on board?"

Me: ??? (what would a carpenter do?)

FA a few seconds later "Is there a Mr. XXXX Carpenter on board?"

Old Mar 10, 2018, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by TommyD2
Still at the gate, FA says "Is there a carpenter on board?"

Me: ??? (what would a carpenter do?)

FA a few seconds later "Is there a Mr. XXXX Carpenter on board?"

An even better response would have been "Jesus is always onboard and with us".
wrp96, Howste and Zorak like this.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 4:28 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Captain on ATL-SJC flight recently.

”Welcome aboard flight xxxx with non stop service from Atlanta to San Jose, Costa Rica.
Announced the flying time and weather for San Jose, CR. Wish it was true.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 4:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Several years ago in Business Elite on a 757 from ATL-MCO I sat next to an attractive Latin lady. She mentioned that her mother in-law was seated in the row in front of us. I offered to switch seats with the mother in-law and in a tone of disgust said that she didn't want to sit next to her and booked separate seats on purpose. I thought it was pretty funny.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 4:43 pm

Programs: DL-PM
ATL-PHX during taxi after arrival couple behind me is gawking out the window about the "hills" in the city, "These hills are just glorious" , and "Janice they just don't have hills like these back in Alabama".
jinglish likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 4:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I forget the route, but I was sitting in domestic FC and the guy (I won't call him a gentleman) sitting next to me makes two phone calls:

First to the girlfriend, for a very explicit conversation that left no doubt that the guy had been having a hot affair for quite a while.

Next, to the current wife, to try to convince her that he's been perfectly faithful, any doubts are all in her imagination, and moreover, her suspicions are just further proof that she desperately needs psych help.

I wanted to talk a shower.
jinglish likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I forget the route, but I was sitting in domestic FC and the guy (I won't call him a gentleman) sitting next to me makes two phone calls:

First to the girlfriend, for a very explicit conversation that left no doubt that the guy had been having a hot affair for quite a while.

Next, to the current wife, to try to convince her that he's been perfectly faithful, any doubts are all in her imagination, and moreover, her suspicions are just further proof that she desperately needs psych help.

I wanted to talk a shower.
I probably would have said something along the lines of "he's cheating on you" quite loudly.

What a ........

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.