Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Missing SPG points for Delta flights

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2018, 7:00 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Missing SPG points for Delta flights

The posting of SPG points for flights with Delta was always seamless, until now.

My last three Delta flights have not posted with SPG.

Do I file a missing points request with SPG or do I go to Delta? I checked my Delta account and I receives miles for the flights.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 8:28 am

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Was it international on AF or KL code? No SPG.....as I learned the hard way (even though it was DL metal)

I have one next week that was coded DL (AF metal) but due to schedule change is now coded AF and I will not get SPG. They were too imcompetent to process the change without using AF flight # - "DM" agent never heard of SPG crossover. Took 3 agents and reissue desk and 30 minutes to sort

BTW, good luck because the one time I did have a problem SPG referred me to DL and DL referred me to SPG...never did get sorted
Old Mar 8, 2018, 8:45 am

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
I checked my spg account and was appropriately credited for a domestic flight last month. Just a DP...
Old Mar 8, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Platinum
My flights tend to take about 3-4 weeks to post on SPG.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 12:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ryanm
My flights tend to take about 3-4 weeks to post on SPG.
And it can often take weeks for the return on a round trip itinerary to post, even if the flight was only a day or two after the outbound.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 12:08 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Kacee
And it can often take weeks for the return on a round trip itinerary to post, even if the flight was only a day or two after the outbound.
My guess is that it runs as a sort of "batch" process based upon a period of dates, rather than flights as part of a specific itinerary. I've noticed that all of my flights within a given time period will post at once (say 3 out of 4, with the 4th being the return leg of the second RT ticket), and then the final leg posts 1-2 weeks later once the next set of dates processes.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 5:02 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
Was it international on AF or KL code? No SPG.....as I learned the hard way (even though it was DL metal)

I have one next week that was coded DL (AF metal) but due to schedule change is now coded AF and I will not get SPG. They were too imcompetent to process the change without using AF flight # - "DM" agent never heard of SPG crossover. Took 3 agents and reissue desk and 30 minutes to sort

BTW, good luck because the one time I did have a problem SPG referred me to DL and DL referred me to SPG...never did get sorted

Looks like I’m having same problem. SPG refers me to DL. DL refers me to SPG.

good riddance.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
The posting of SPG points for flights with Delta was always seamless, until now.

My last three Delta flights have not posted with SPG.

Do I file a missing points request with SPG or do I go to Delta? I checked my Delta account and I receives miles for the flights.
It's in the Crossover Rewards FAQ. 'If you are missing Starpoints for an eligible Delta flight, contact Delta.'
Old Aug 12, 2018, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by seawolf

Looks like I’m having same problem. SPG refers me to DL. DL refers me to SPG.

good riddance.
The problem is getting agent to understand what type of points you're talking about. If it's miles earned because of your bill and selecting miles, then SPG is responsible. However if it's miles because of Crossover Rewards earning, DL is responsible for fixing.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 9:30 am
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
When were your flights? Crossover rewards ended for flights taken after mid-July, unfortunately (likely due to program changes with the Starwood/Marriott merger)
Weekend Away likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 7:36 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, UA Silver
I flew from NYto Australia on July 15. ROC-ATL credited a few days later automatically, but my other two legs were missing

Complained to SPG via Twitter and a few days later, they credited my second leg to LAX, but told me that my LAX-Australia flight was not eligible. I copy+pasted the Crossover Rewards policy from Delta's website to SPGAssist on Twitter yesterday morning and asked why not eligible.

This morning, got a follow up message that the missing 3,400 SPG points were credited to my account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.