Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
This is timely. And accurate.

Hoyaheel likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 5:31 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ty97

...and also LOL worthy.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 6:49 am

Why does Delta make it impossible to change flights impacted by the weather online? It would definitely help cut down on the multi-hour phone wait times...
Old Mar 6, 2018, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by idlbs
Where's United in the game?

Quick question: If i depart from NYC tomorrow and arrive in Frankfurt on the waiver day (Wed) can i still take advantage?
There was a post in the UA forum at 1:36PM Monday. AA didn't time stamp its alert and I didn't find a comparable posting in the AA forum but a waiver is up now.

Why do carriers react differently? It's not just risk tolerance, it's network architecture. If carrier XX typically overnights a lot of aircraft at airport YYY in the storm path for early morning departures the next day it's going to cancel a lot of in-bound and outbound flights - it doesn't want aircraft heavily iced/snow covered nor blocking clearing of ramps and taxiways. If ATC demands a big flight count reduction it will likely be express flights that get cancelled. Long haul international & other big aircraft get carrier ramp priority. And so on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.