DL resumes CLE-SLC in July 2018

Old Mar 4, 2018, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat, buys Spirit tickets at the airport ticket counter ;-)
DL resumes CLE-SLC in July 2018

Last flown in the early/mid 2000s, it's back! On a 319. Morning flight WB and evening EB so perfect for connections to the West Coast and mountain destinations for CLE folks.
Ysitincoach likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 9:34 am

Programs: No flights since April 2019 (Medical Issues). Lost all my status.
Pittsburgh lands non-stop route to Delta's Salt Lake City hub

Originally Posted by woodford02A
.... for CLE folks.
If you live between CLE and PIT, your other option is to take the new PIT-SLC.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 9:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
I'd really love to see RIC-SLC.

UA is making RIC-DEN work with an E175.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 11:26 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by WWads

RIC-SLC could probably work on a 319.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer

RIC-SLC could probably work on a 319.
RIC is growing a lot and DEN is the closest to the West Coast that any airline flies.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 5:08 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (Silver), AAdvantage, Sun Country, FmrUS Airways Dividend Miles, Northwest WorldPerks
With this news, I have to wonder if CMH-SLC isn't close. CLE, PIT, and CMH were all run before the recession and two of the three have come back in short order.

I'm always up for different connecting options.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 5:51 pm

I'm booked on a flight this July to PIT on the evening nonstop from SLC. Going back, I am connecting since the AM departure from PIT does not work when my business in Pittsburgh will not conclude until early afternoon. I am hoping that if these once-daily routes work out, that Delta will increase to morning and evening departures both ways.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by amanuensis
I'm booked on a flight this July to PIT on the evening nonstop from SLC. Going back, I am connecting since the AM departure from PIT does not work when my business in Pittsburgh will not conclude until early afternoon. I am hoping that if these once-daily routes work out, that Delta will increase to morning and evening departures both ways.
I'd much rather have business frequency to SLC than MSP.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by Ysitincoach
I'd much rather have business frequency to SLC than MSP.
Because PIT-SLC is a non-stop, or do you not like the hassle of connecting in MSP in particular?
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by RRDD

Because PIT-SLC is a non-stop, or do you not like the hassle of connecting in MSP in particular?
SLC is better and improving.
MSP is a total disaster connection wise, mish-mosh of poorly designed additions and expansions of terminals. Their runways and taxiways are so poorly positioned causing unnecessary taxi time for aircraft, and the local FAA bosses frown when pilots request shortcuts.

Overall, personal preference, just easier connecting to the west from SLC.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by WWads

There are three important ways that RIC-DEN factoid isn't relevant:

1. The Delta hub at SLC (256 peak day departures according to a DL fact sheet) is a lot smaller than the UA hub at DEN (363 average daily).

2. DEN is a much bigger airport for O&D travel, ranking 4th (32.6 million passengers) among domestic O&D (ahead of MCO and ATL), while SLC ranks 26th, (12.2 million passengers).

3. RIC-SLC is about 400 miles farther than RIC-DEN, and that pretty well puts it outside the westbound range of an E75. Delta would really need a 319, 73W, or CS - and percentage-wise that's a lot more seats to fill.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by Ysitincoach
MSP is a total disaster connection wise, mish-mosh of poorly designed additions and expansions of terminals.....
Minnesota legislature passed a law in 1989 giving MSP the option of either starting over elsewhere, or putting billions of $$$$ into the current location.

Current location proponents prevailed, most likely because most folks didnt want to drive out into the country; AKA, like DEN and DTW.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.