Wiki Posts
Search

How to access Delta Sky Club

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2018, 9:26 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta-pm, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-PP
Originally Posted by enviroian
OP had no chance with this post and was doomed .0002 microseconds after he clicked the post button. He was like a basket of bloody chum being dropped into a frenzy of hungry sharks. Poor ........

lol
I believe that most people who post questions like this on flyer talk enjoy the abuse since the time it took op to write out their question could have been spent doing a quick search on the internet and the answer would have been found.
pvn, puddinhead and jinglish like this.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 10:06 am

Programs: DL GM
Methods and policies for accessing Delta Sky Club can be viewed here on DL's website.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 11:09 am

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Originally Posted by flying_donkeys12
I believe that most people who post questions like this on flyer talk enjoy the abuse since the time it took op to write out their question could have been spent doing a quick search on the internet and the answer would have been found.

And then there are people like me, who read the forums and appreciate someone asking the question and the intelligent response(s) that will be provided. In case you did not know, or even care, the information requested for these basic requests is not necessarily easy to find. For example, I was looking for a lounge location at an airport and spent 15 minutes+ scrolling through various pages of the airline's website trying to find the closest gate as I had never flown into the airport before. It also chewed up my roaming data and my dying battery. Had I posted the question in FT, someone most likely would have replied, with the snide " go look at the airline web page". If you are not interested, just ignore the thread.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 1:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta-pm, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-PP
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer

I was looking for a lounge location at an airport and spent 15 minutes+ scrolling through various pages of the airline's website trying to find the closest gate as I had never flown into the airport before. It also chewed up my roaming data and my dying battery.
Your incompetence makes me sad
Old Mar 4, 2018, 1:38 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by harrythegoat
I'm a frequent Delta flyer and I'd like to know if there's a way to gain access to the Delta Sky Club with the membership programs I belong to. They are:

- Chase Sapphire Reserve (and, as a result, Priority Pass)
- Delta Silver Medalion
- Amtrak Select Plus
- American Express Starwood card
- Marriott Gold Elite
- Starwood Gold Preferred Guest
How did you earn Marriott and Starwood status? The hard way, through nights? Because if you drop CSR for the Amex Platinum as others mentioned, you automatically get Starwood Gold (which becomes Marriott Gold), plus Hilton Gold, plus Skyclub Access and Cenurion Lounges.

You could also consider the Delta Reserve card for $450, that comes with Skyclub access and a 10,000 MQM signing bonus which might push you into Medallion Gold.
RumPatrol likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by enviroian
OP had no chance with this post and was doomed .0002 microseconds after he clicked the post button. He was like a basket of bloody chum being dropped into a frenzy of hungry sharks. Poor ........

lol

The experience that a newbie receives coming to FT with a first-ever post is too-frequently similar to the experience that a fraternity pledge would have had during a Hell Weekend initiation 50 years ago.
DiverDave and Hoyaheel like this.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
There is the old standby method of waiting at the club entrance and begging for someone with guesting privileges?
puddinhead likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by Absoludichris
I have both the CSR and Amex Platinum and I easily receive more in benefits than I pay for in annual fees every year. (heck half the total of the annual fees is covered with DL/Travel credits)
I would agree with this. Somebody said you only should have one of them.

Do the math and see how it works out. With the CSR you get $300 of it back right away. The start adding other benefits.

Meanwhile - we have the Citibank Exec and we can go into AA lounges no matter what airline we are flying. And in BNA the Admirals Club is right in the middle of the SW gates. YES!

Yea - that card costs $450 a year. I did it for one year and got the 50,000 miles. Then my wife did it and got her 50,000. So, those two years really had not cost.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 2:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
No luck for the Delta club but little known fact that Amtrak Select + status actually gets you into United Clubs with any same day boarding pass (including a Delta one)
Old Mar 6, 2018, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
When I see a thread title like this two things come to mind:

1. OP has low post count
2. Thread most likely will end up getting locked at some time.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
I would agree with this. Somebody said you only should have one of them.

Do the math and see how it works out. With the CSR you get $300 of it back right away. The start adding other benefits.

Meanwhile - we have the Citibank Exec and we can go into AA lounges no matter what airline we are flying. And in BNA the Admirals Club is right in the middle of the SW gates. YES!

Yea - that card costs $450 a year. I did it for one year and got the 50,000 miles. Then my wife did it and got her 50,000. So, those two years really had not cost.
I got 100,000 points with the CSR. I used them at 1.5x to buy a couple of Delta tickets. So I got $1500 worth of tickets plus the RDM on Delta. I also use it at restaurants and travel and get 3 points per dollar, redeemed for travel at 1.5X for a 4.5% rebate on the spend. Plus I get $300 travel rebate per year. I actually have made and continue to make a positive return on my $450 fee. I have used their foreign car rental insurance to save hundreds in CDW. Have not used the Priority Pass much.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker

But the bigger question... did the OP ever come back and read any responses? Post count is still at one.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 7:27 am

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tentseller
There is the old standby method of waiting at the club entrance and begging for someone with guesting privileges?
Or posting on FlyerTalk that you are begging for someone to guest you in.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by tentseller
Originally Posted by puddinhead
Or posting on FlyerTalk that you are begging for someone to guest you in.
The reason why I posted this was that it did happen to me more than once.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.