Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Difficulty Getting Elite Benefits on Aeromexico

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2018, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Just wanted to share my experience on a recent pair of AM operated flights SFO-MEX and MEX-SFO. Flights were AM operated and our tickets were on AM stock with AM flight numbers. Me and my travel companion are both Skymiles Silver Elite.

While making our reservation I wasn't able to select a seat other than in the last few rows of coach even though my Skymiles number was entered. I tried online chat and was told that I'd have to pay for seat selection. Tried again a few weeks later and was given seats in AM+ but the whole process took almost an hour online and lots of back and forth discussion. Agent seemed very hesitant to give me the seats for free.

Checked in at home and noticed that my Skymiles number wasn't on my boarding pass. Logged into am.com and verified that my number was on the record. At the airport I asked to be placed on the upgrade list since I didn't see my name on the screen. Agent looked at my boarding pass and said "OK. I just added you". I pointed out that she didn't touch her keyboard and asked how she added me? She just said "If you'e not Platinum there's no point". Flight went out with 2 empty seats up front.

On the way back, checked in in Mexico City and asked to be put on upgrade list. Had to be added manually. Agent acted like it was a chore. Didn't clear. Flight went out with a full FC.

Checked dl.com a week later and my companions points/miles had posted 5 days earlier but mine didn't post. Requested missing miles from DL and included boarding passes and ticket number. DL replied that they needed a copy of the ticket even thoughh it was an eTicket and I'd already provided the ticket number in the missing miles request.

All in all, not very smooth.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's no formal cross upgrade program across Skyteam members. For example, you can't get upgraded at all on KL/AF flights as they don't allow comp upgrades for their own members. Upgrades at AM do not work like they do at DL. There's no automatic addition to a list as far as I can tell and there may not be an actual list at all. Their top two tiers can request at up to 72 hours, but their lowest Gold level can only do it at the airport. There's no formal documented policy for upgrades for Skyteam Elites and I would expect them to be treated no better than their own lowest level (DL also does not have a formal policy for other Skyteam Elites). It's possible they can't add/confirm you at check-in and it can only be done at the gate. Here's their policy for their Gold level --
  • You can request it when checking in at the airport where your trip starts
  • For the Member and a companion traveling on the same itinerary and PNR.
  • Subject to availability in Cabina Premier
  • Paying public fares Y, B, M, U, K, H, L, Q, T, E, N, V, R, and W.
  • Includes flights to or from the U.S. and Canada, Central and South America.
  • Not applicable to or from Buenos Aires, Santiago, Sao Paulo, Europe and Asia
https://www.clubpremier.com/us/gold-level/

Last edited by xliioper; Mar 1, 2018 at 4:44 pm
Old Mar 1, 2018, 10:46 pm

I suspect this year we are gonna see a good bit more of the AM/MU "issues" with getting miles/mqm/mqd's. Clearly will be watching closely any of my future flights and make sure they post and keep boarding passes, etc.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by rizrizriz
I suspect this year we are gonna see a good bit more of the AM/MU "issues" with getting miles/mqm/mqd's. Clearly will be watching closely any of my future flights and make sure they post and keep boarding passes, etc.
What's changed with MU? My flights with them had posted fine to my DL account including Medallion bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.