Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "When does Delta Amex Spend Update"

Old Apr 29, 2023, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jjl468
MQM bonuses are awarded within a few days of the Amex tracker reporting crossing the threshold

MQD waiver may take up to 2 weeks to update after the MQM spend tracker on the Amex website and is independent of statement dates
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "When does Delta Amex Spend Update"

Old Sep 15, 2018, 10:10 am

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by bworrell
How is everyone doing on the display for the spend waiver? Mine is showing $13-14K as of AUG 11. My statement closed on Aug 10 with $21K spend. I guess I'll wait until my next statement closes on Sept 9 -- should be over the $25K mark at that point.
Unfortunately I didn't hit the $25K mark with my latest statement close... qualified spend is $24.5K. However, my spend waiver is now showing as $16-17K as of SEP 11, so it's still pretty far behind.

I went ahead and called Amex, who opened a case. I have absolutely no faith that this will be solved anytime soon.

Also, this is the first statement that had this on it, instead of showing my qualified spend:
To view your Delta SkyMiles account balance, visit delta.com. For Qualified Spend progress towards your Miles Boost thresholds, call the number on the back of your Card.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 1:20 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by bworrell
I went ahead and called Amex, who opened a case. I have absolutely no faith that this will be solved anytime soon.:
Mine has been annoyingly slower than usual lately too... only updating once in the past 30 days or so (on September 1st) whereas it used to be almost weekly. And I have Amex working on another tech issue too at the moment regarding my FICO score not updating whereas all other cards are. Sounds like Amex is having some IT issues and I too have no faith a solution is near.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 8:42 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
There was another thread about this a few days ago, see here

Who the heck updates my card spend information with Delta?

Seems like updates got going again sometime last week.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 6:31 am

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Euler22
Sorry to bump an old thread but this has become relevant to me lately.

Usually my Delta Plat spend would update on the Delta app twice a week like clockwork. After the last iPhone update now it has only updated once and that took 10-12 days. Since Oct 16th it hasn't updated at all. Is anyone else experiencing these lags in the status of their waiver? I'm getting pretty close to hitting it and thought that Delta might code something to slow down showing progress when this happens. I think I'm around $23k.
Same question here, I feel like the spend updated more frequently in the past. As of today Dec 3, my account is showing "3. Delta SkyMiles Credit Card Spend as of NOV 21 2018".

Is this what everyone else is experiencing?
Old Dec 3, 2018, 7:35 am

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by jmgriffin
Same question here, I feel like the spend updated more frequently in the past. As of today Dec 3, my account is showing "3. Delta SkyMiles Credit Card Spend as of NOV 21 2018".

Is this what everyone else is experiencing?
Same for me...no updates since 21st November.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 10:15 am

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Mine hasnt updated since April.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 3:08 pm

This issue is happening on my account. I've spoken with several reps, I'm currently a DM and have reached the MQD waiver for 2019 Diamond status. Any suggestion on how to update the status online? Stuck and hasn't updated the MQD waiver status bar since Sept 12, 2018
Old Dec 6, 2018, 5:14 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles -- Gold Medallion
I just signed up to ask this question! I have hit the $25,000 benchmark on my Delta Platinum AmEx, which would activate the 10,000 MQM bonus. That would get my Gold. The annoying thing is it updates on Dec. 13, the same day as my flight. It would be nice to have it a day or so before to help with my upgrade chances, but oh well.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 7:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Mine hasn't updated since November 12th, although I hit the DM MQD requirement a while ago.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JordanV
I just signed up to ask this question! I have hit the $25,000 benchmark on my Delta Platinum AmEx, which would activate the 10,000 MQM bonus. That would get my Gold. The annoying thing is it updates on Dec. 13, the same day as my flight. It would be nice to have it a day or so before to help with my upgrade chances, but oh well.
The 10K MQM Boost will not post until your next statement close. There is nothing you can do to speed this up. If your next statement close is not until January, they will just backdate the Boost to Dec 31, 2018 and count it towards your 2018 totals.
The MQD counter is updated more frequently and is unrelated to when the MQM Boost will post. The MQD counter used to be updated every few days, but now it seems to be every few weeks. Mine just updated a day or two ago and shows spend as of Nov 26 (which was my last statement close). So it is not actually an up-to-date amount. I suspect they changed it to update less frequently to reduce cases where people go above the MQD waiver threshold and then drop below it due to returning something.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 7:52 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
I've scanned this thread, but looking for any recent solutions. One of my employees is FO, his spend is well over $30k and Delta even gave him his 10,000 MQM bonus, but DL.com hasn't updated his spend level since August and it shows him missing the MQD waiver. Again, they gave him the 10,000 MQM's so DL knows he hit the spend.

He's called Amex and DL and hasn't had any luck fixing this yet.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DCAproducer
I've scanned this thread, but looking for any recent solutions. One of my employees is FO, his spend is well over $30k and Delta even gave him his 10,000 MQM bonus, but DL.com hasn't updated his spend level since August and it shows him missing the MQD waiver. Again, they gave him the 10,000 MQM's so DL knows he hit the spend.

He's called Amex and DL and hasn't had any luck fixing this yet.
Did he have any large returns or MS activity? I believe there have been some cases were certain unqualified spend was counted toward the Boost, but not the waiver.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 8:03 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Originally Posted by LBJ
Did he have any large returns or MS activity? I believe there have been some cases were certain unqualified spend was counted toward the Boost, but not the waiver.
Nope. And he's well over $30k in spending. The counter on DL.com hasn't changed since August, so DL is obviously missing something somewhere.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 8:44 am

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TheHorta
Mine hasnt updated since April.
Have you had any AMEX spend on DL cards since then?
TheHorta likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 8:40 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by jmgriffin
Have you had any AMEX spend on DL cards since then?
I was being coy.

April was when I hit the $250K waiver and it stops tracking.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.