Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "When does Delta Amex Spend Update"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2023, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jjl468
MQM bonuses are awarded within a few days of the Amex tracker reporting crossing the threshold

MQD waiver may take up to 2 weeks to update after the MQM spend tracker on the Amex website and is independent of statement dates
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "When does Delta Amex Spend Update"

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2018, 2:04 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by 21A
I’m having the opposite... just clicked over to 25K+ but my actual spend is well short of that. (I’m not at 25k miles yet so can only speculate whether it would have bumped my status or is just a display issue.)

Same here. It shows updated yesterday and 25k+ spent although that's definitely not true.
@SkyMilesTeam, what's the deal!?
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:07 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by 21A
I’m having the opposite... just clicked over to 25K+ but my actual spend is well short of that. (I’m not at 25k miles yet so can only speculate whether it would have bumped my status or is just a display issue.)
Originally Posted by dmac7273
Same here. It shows updated yesterday and 25k+ spent although that's definitely not true.
@SkyMilesTeam, what's the deal!?
+1

Me too.... Counter shows $25K+ today but actual is much less...
Old Mar 7, 2018, 8:01 pm
21A

And I’m back to the correct spend total. That didn’t last long!
Old Mar 8, 2018, 8:51 am

Programs: Delta, Hilton
This caused me a bit of concern two days ago - I was alarmed to see my spend tracker jump to 25k+ - I didn't have purchases that would get me anywhere near that amount this early in the year, so was there a card open I didn't know about? I called Amex who told me I didn't have any other cards open and suggested I talk to Delta. Talking to Delta would have been difficult due to the weather issues happening right now, so I decided to wait and not worry about it.

The problem was fixed, although my 2019 status went up when I mistakenly hit my 25k of spend and that hasn't reverted yet...
Old Mar 9, 2018, 4:17 pm
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines

Hi everyone – happy to report the MQD Waiver display issue has been fixed. But, as some of you pointed out, we also discovered some Members’ MQD Waiver spend was actually incorrect beyond just the display. For a small group of Members, this meant reaching the next Tier of Status in error. We’ve now fixed this too and all accounts are correct and reflecting the right Status. We’re sorry about this, and we’re working hard to prevent issues like these - we know it’s frustrating. Feel free to contact us if you are still experiencing any issues, and have a great rest of your day.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 6:21 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, AA PLT for Life
Originally Posted by SkyMilesTeam
Hi everyone – happy to report the MQD Waiver display issue has been fixed. But, as some of you pointed out, we also discovered some Members’ MQD Waiver spend was actually incorrect beyond just the display. For a small group of Members, this meant reaching the next Tier of Status in error. We’ve now fixed this too and all accounts are correct and reflecting the right Status. We’re sorry about this, and we’re working hard to prevent issues like these - we know it’s frustrating. Feel free to contact us if you are still experiencing any issues, and have a great rest of your day.
Hi SkyMiles team, I'm sorry to report that my waiver is still not displaying correctly.

It's crossed over the $25K mark so shows "$25K+".

There is still no way to see the progress toward the $250K" waiver.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 7:15 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
On my AMEX Delta CC statements, it also lists where you are in relation to the threshold.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 7:40 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by rogo
Hi SkyMiles team, I'm sorry to report that my waiver is still not displaying correctly.

It's crossed over the $25K mark so shows "$25K+".

There is still no way to see the progress toward the $250K" waiver.
It took a week or two after I surpassed the $25K threshold to display correctly. I'm at ~$125K now, and it shows correctly and updates 1-2 times per week. At the time, I figured it was because the JAN 18 rollover hadn't started to register yet. I passed $25K before the rollover happened, then it took another couple weeks after that to update to the $250K line.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 8:32 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, AS MVPG 100K
I'm stuck as of Jan. 18, with no updates. Might it have something to do with the complication related to the dual 25k/250k waiver levels? I called DL about this and they referred me to AMEX who said I should have spoken to DL to begin with......crazy.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 10:01 pm

Programs: DL DM 2.4MM
Mine shows 600K+ MQM's (accurate), 14K MQD, $0 to silver and 2019 status of "SkyMiles Member". I think there are still some kinks being worked out.

Last edited by langbr01; Mar 10, 2018 at 6:28 am
Old Mar 27, 2018, 10:40 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, SW (former) A-list
I have been on the phone with Delta and with AMEX all morning trying to figure out why my AMEX card spend has not updated since July 13, 2017. The Delta supervisors tell me it's AMEX's problem, and the AMEX supervisors tell me it's DELTA's problem. I am SO FRUSTRATED. This is a huge waste of time--I'm being passed back and forth between the two companies with each one claiming ignorance and that it's not their job. WHAT IS GOING ON HERE, Delta? I've spent over 10K on my Delta AMEX so far this year, and My Delta is showing 0-1K. I've spend 2 hours on hold now and re-explaining to one idiot after another what the problem is. Even the supervisors seem clueless and confounded. ARRRRGHHH.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by flyingmontana
I have been on the phone with Delta and with AMEX all morning trying to figure out why my AMEX card spend has not updated since July 13, 2017. The Delta supervisors tell me it's AMEX's problem, and the AMEX supervisors tell me it's DELTA's problem. I am SO FRUSTRATED. This is a huge waste of time--I'm being passed back and forth between the two companies with each one claiming ignorance and that it's not their job. WHAT IS GOING ON HERE, Delta? I've spent over 10K on my Delta AMEX so far this year, and My Delta is showing 0-1K. I've spend 2 hours on hold now and re-explaining to one idiot after another what the problem is. Even the supervisors seem clueless and confounded. ARRRRGHHH.
Delta is always an estimate and behind, anyway. Amex will easily show you year-to-date spend.

If Delta doesn't grant the waiver when you reach $25K, that matters. What it shows you when you're less than halfway there doesn't.
flyingmontana likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I was just looking at the DL status for next year bar graphs on the DL app and, as lifetime GM, it shows the MQMs, MQSs, and MQDs I need to reach PM, but it's showing the remaining amount for the DM spend waiver. Curious. A few weeks ago it was showing my progress toward the waiver for PM, although the bar graph looks more like it's depicting the PM level despite the "to go" number range clearly being the amount needed to get to $250,000.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 6:05 am

Just adding another voice to say that Delta (both the website and app) is not updating my MQD Waiver spend either. Since this thread is starting to appear in Google for various search phrases around the problem, I'm hoping that more people will comment and Delta might see or fix the issue.

Pretty sure it's on Delta because on my member page, it clearly says "Current as of Jan 28, 2018" -- so they haven't updated it in 2 months. I've spent 40k+ this year and I've gotten the miles and bonus miles (for passing 25k spend) on my Delta account (so Amex has definitely reported it to Delta), but my MQD waiver still sits at 3k (which is where it was at on Jan 28).

I'm not flying in the near future, so I'm not in a hurry to play phone tag with Delta and Amex people who can't help me, but wanted to ensure whoever's reading this thread that the problem is a real one
flyingmontana and Andy231 like this.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 8:17 am

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Perhaps anyone who is afftected by this glitch should UNATTACH their Amex from their Delta SkyMiles account, wait a day or a week, then reattach the account (if that’s even possible).

it seems to be a very random problem that is only affecting a few people. It also seems to be a glitch in the periodic handoff of data between Amex and Delta.

Determining Whether it’s on the give or the take side is the problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.