Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Amex spend waiver not updating on Skymiles Account?

Amex spend waiver not updating on Skymiles Account?

Old Dec 10, 18, 8:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by LBJ View Post
The 10K MQM Boost will not post until your next statement close. There is nothing you can do to speed this up. If your next statement close is not until January, they will just backdate the Boost to Dec 31, 2018 and count it towards your 2018 totals.
The MQD counter is updated more frequently and is unrelated to when the MQM Boost will post. The MQD counter used to be updated every few days, but now it seems to be every few weeks. Mine just updated a day or two ago and shows spend as of Nov 26 (which was my last statement close). So it is not actually an up-to-date amount. I suspect they changed it to update less frequently to reduce cases where people go above the MQD waiver threshold and then drop below it due to returning something.
For me, the MQD count has always been updated when my miles (MQM, MQS, and RDM) post for the flights in question. It has nothing to do with when my AmEx card statement closes.
Old Dec 11, 18, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, MM, NR; HH Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, others
I hit the $25K amount in February. Delta still shows $21-22K. There was no manufactured spending or anything like that.

Delta issued the 10K MQM bonus when the threshold was reached.

Delta says Amex has to send the message to issue the waiver. I've been communicating with Amex for two months now, asking repeatedly for it. They claimed to have issued it, Delta hasn't received it.

Of course, neither Amex nor Delta will let me talk to the department involved.

I wonder if I took both of them to Small Claims Court over the difference in value (per some website) between Gold (based on MQDs) and Platinum (with the waiver), and got them both to explain to the judge how it was the other one's fault, if the sheer entertainment value would be worth it.
Old Dec 12, 18, 9:37 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat., Marriott Plat., SPG Plat., IHG Spire Elite/Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by sethb View Post
I hit the $25K amount in February. Delta still shows $21-22K. There was no manufactured spending or anything like that.

Delta issued the 10K MQM bonus when the threshold was reached.

Delta says AmEx has to send the message to issue the waiver. I've been communicating with AmEx for two months now, asking repeatedly for it. They claimed to have issued it, Delta hasn't received it.

Of course, neither AmEx, nor Delta will let me talk to the department involved.

I wonder if I took both of them to Small Claims Court over the difference in value (per some website) between Gold (based on MQDs) and Platinum (with the waiver), and got them both to explain to the judge how it was the other one's fault, if the sheer entertainment value would be worth it.
Does this qualify to go on "Judge Judy"? I would love to see that episode! LOL!
Old Dec 18, 18, 6:03 am

Hi SkyMiles Team, has this matter been resolved? How often should it update?

Originally Posted by SkyMilesTeam View Post
Hi everyone, wanted to let you know that we recognize that some Member’s MQD Waiver Card spend bar is not displaying accurate spend towards the waiver. Rest assured that all MQDs are still being accurately accounted for in our system and that this is a display issue only. We are working through a solution to fix the display as soon as possible.
Old Dec 18, 18, 6:35 am
LBJ
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM
You missed the follow-up post. Note this was all from way back in March.

Hi everyone – happy to report the MQD Waiver display issue has been fixed. But, as some of you pointed out, we also discovered some Members’ MQD Waiver spend was actually incorrect beyond just the display. For a small group of Members, this meant reaching the next Tier of Status in error. We’ve now fixed this too and all accounts are correct and reflecting the right Status. We’re sorry about this, and we’re working hard to prevent issues like these - we know it’s frustrating. Feel free to contact us if you are still experiencing any issues, and have a great rest of your day.
Old Dec 20, 18, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Delta just informed me that Amex hasn't updated my spend since February 9, 2018.

Amex said they told Delta on February 16 that I reached the $25,000 waiver spend, and Delta accepted the message.
Renes Points likes this.

Last edited by sethb; Dec 20, 18 at 4:50 pm Reason: More finger-pointing
Old Jan 17, 19, 10:49 am

Programs: Blinged Out
Spent $25K since 1-Jan - DL shows nothing YTD. It was updating 2x weekly last year. Statement rolls over on the 20'th. I hope the glitch is temporary - never had issues with spend posting.
Old Jan 25, 19, 11:45 pm

Programs: DL GM, Hertz 5*
I am having this same issue - spend has not been updated since September 2018, and as a result, I don't have FO status for 2019. Delta is largely worthless, and so is Amex. Those who have had this failure to update issue, how did you get it fixed?
Old Jan 31, 19, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WillSkiGT View Post
I am having this same issue - spend has not been updated since September 2018, and as a result, I don't have FO status for 2019. Delta is largely worthless, and so is Amex. Those who have had this failure to update issue, how did you get it fixed?
Many calls and emails to Amex, including their written promise that it would be fixed within some number of weeks. It wasn't.

I even got a supervisor to call Delta; Delta said they needed Amex to send the message for the waiver (even though Delta acknowledged my spend exceeded $25K, and I got the MQM bonus last February).

I explained to Amex that if I lost out on an upgrade due to the lower status than I should have, I'd be asking Amex to pay the value of that upgrade. And I'd make that request to a judge if necessary, so I strongly suggested that they expedite sending Delta the message that I've reached the waiver level.

We'll see what happens.