Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "When does Delta Amex Spend Update"

Old Apr 29, 2023, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jjl468
MQM bonuses are awarded within a few days of the Amex tracker reporting crossing the threshold

MQD waiver may take up to 2 weeks to update after the MQM spend tracker on the Amex website and is independent of statement dates
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "When does Delta Amex Spend Update"

Old Nov 26, 2014, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Natl Exec
How often do they update amex card spend on DL.com?

I have never really paid attention. However, I will be hitting/have hit the $25K spend threshold/waiver very very soon, netting me the 10K MQMs on my DL Amex plat. Couple this with my trip to Vegas next week, I should be back to DL PM for 2015.

So this month, I have noted the dates my amex spend were posted on DL.com. Yesterday, it stated spend as of Nov 7th. Today (Nov 26) it was updated to spend as of Nov 19th. I guess I was surprised it was updated twice in the same month.

Is there any rhyme or reason as to when Amex reports spend to DL? Anyone notice a pattern?
Old Nov 26, 2014, 10:28 am

Programs: United - PG, Marriott Silver
I was looking last month when I was closing on on the threshold and it said last updated October 4th. Then on about November 7-8 it updated and said as of November 4th (it still says that). This is in alignment with my statement dates, so I'm assuming the information updates at the same time as the miles are deposited into your account.

Of course this doesn't explain you receiving two updates in the same month, so perhaps there is an additional trigger; or perhaps they are updating more frequently to encourage you to hit the threshold.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I've typically seen my SkyMiles info updated about 2-3 days after my statement closes (17th), and very often around the first of the month (halfway thru the billing cycle) ... however the most recent one only posted this morning, and says "As Of 11/19"
Old Nov 26, 2014, 2:56 pm

I hit $50,000 in 2014 spend in mid-October, and have already received my November statement, but the 10,000 additional MQM's have not posted. I called Amex about ten days ago, which was an exercise in futility, so I then called DL. The rep looked into it for me, and found a clause in the Amex T&C's, which states that the bonus will post within 60 to 90 days.

I have no urgent need or use for these points, so I am content to wait until mid-December to see what happens.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
my immediate concern is whether my PM MQD waiver will post before my next trip ... I'll be angling for the upgrade on the JFK-SEA 75E
Old Nov 26, 2014, 4:20 pm

Programs: DLDime & MM - Marriott LifePlat - Hertz Prez - Hyatt Dissapointedist
Without exception, within 36 hours of the AMX statement closing date, not 36 hours of hitting the spend. That has been my experience for several years.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 4:30 pm

Programs: DL Dia, KM, 2MM, Hilton Dia, Natl Emer Exec. Avis Pres.
Same here

Originally Posted by calrick
Without exception, within 36 hours of the AMX statement closing date, not 36 hours of hitting the spend. That has been my experience for several years.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 10:59 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Don't Rely on Delta.com

Amex has the best online reports of any credit card company. On Amex's website, once you register you card, there is a tab for "spending reports".
Change the list box control to "Since beginning of Year", and the website will spit out EVERY charge for the entire year with a total at the bottom. Pending charges are not included.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 2:32 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2MM
When do MQDs for AMEX waiver post?

I keep track of my AMEX spending religiously to make sure I meet the $25K threshold. However, my last bill posted to give me >26$ spending, but the waiver still shows me 1-2K miles short. The billing miles always post on the billing date. Do the MQD waiver $$ post separately? If so, when?
Old Dec 11, 2014, 3:00 pm

Programs: DL PM (was DL DM for 3yrs), HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
How long ago did your bill close? It can take a couple days. Are you 1000% certain that all of your charges count towards the min spend?
Old Dec 11, 2014, 4:24 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
My Amex waiver posted about a week after I hit the spend requirement, and then it took an additional 2 days for my 2014 Medallion status to change. (Year 2015 will update instantly after waiver) Check to make sure you have spent 25K after returns have been deducted, and the Amex annual fee.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 4:25 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
When do MQDs for AMEX waiver post?

it's not based on the billing cycle. there's a separate process that runs every few days when IT isn't screwing everything up.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 4:27 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Also, this is my first year making the 30K spend on Amex (Its super tough as a poor sophomore college student lol), am I able to split the 15K MQM between me and a friend. I have 115K MQM and I want to stay platinum. Also if I gift entire MQM, do I still keep the 15K RDM? TIA
Old Dec 11, 2014, 4:49 pm

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Quinlanty
Also, this is my first year making the 30K spend on Amex (Its super tough as a poor sophomore college student lol), am I able to split the 15K MQM between me and a friend. I have 115K MQM and I want to stay platinum. Also if I gift entire MQM, do I still keep the 15K RDM? TIA
You can't split it, so either they'll get 15K (hopefully that's enough for them to hit a threshold) and you'll stay under the DM line, or you keep 'em all and become DM (since you've obviously hit the spending waiver). You can't keep 9K and give them the rest.

You keep the RDM in any case.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 8:17 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
I've been monitoring this very closely the past couple weeks and have noticed that DL.dum updates 2x per week with AmEx spend totals. Tuesday and Saturday have been when mine update.

I just hit the 25k spend threshold on Wednesday and the transactions have moved from pending to posted on Amex.com. I'm hoping it's all reflected in tomorrow's update on DL.dum. I'll update this thread then.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.