Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Amex spend waiver not updating on Skymiles Account?

Amex spend waiver not updating on Skymiles Account?

Old Mar 5, 18, 2:01 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by rogo View Post
Not when you can't trust whether certain purchases qualify any longer.
Qualify for what? I致e never noticed any charges to my Amex *not* count toward SM earnings/awards.
Old Mar 5, 18, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by TheHorta View Post

Qualify for what? I致e never noticed any charges to my Amex *not* count toward SM earnings/awards.
There have been some updated terms on what qualifies as a purchase. I won't say exactly but if you read around here or reddit you'll see.

My MQD spend finally updated to where it should be last week, but I just hit my $25k threshold and have a flight this week. I'm bummed because I should be Platinum if this were updating correctly.
Old Mar 5, 18, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, MM, NR; HH Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, others
That's good news, but if we are crazy and trying to put $250K on the card, how can we track it in the meantime?!?
The Amex website will show you spend year-to-date.
Old Mar 6, 18, 6:42 pm
21A

I知 having the opposite... just clicked over to 25K+ but my actual spend is well short of that. (I知 not at 25k miles yet so can only speculate whether it would have bumped my status or is just a display issue.)
Old Mar 7, 18, 2:04 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by 21A View Post
I’m having the opposite... just clicked over to 25K+ but my actual spend is well short of that. (I’m not at 25k miles yet so can only speculate whether it would have bumped my status or is just a display issue.)

Same here. It shows updated yesterday and 25k+ spent although that's definitely not true.
@SkyMilesTeam, what's the deal!?
Old Mar 7, 18, 4:07 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by 21A View Post
I知 having the opposite... just clicked over to 25K+ but my actual spend is well short of that. (I知 not at 25k miles yet so can only speculate whether it would have bumped my status or is just a display issue.)
Originally Posted by dmac7273 View Post
Same here. It shows updated yesterday and 25k+ spent although that's definitely not true.
@SkyMilesTeam, what's the deal!?
+1

Me too.... Counter shows $25K+ today but actual is much less...
Old Mar 7, 18, 8:01 pm
21A

And I知 back to the correct spend total. That didn稚 last long!
Old Mar 8, 18, 8:51 am

Programs: Delta, Hilton
This caused me a bit of concern two days ago - I was alarmed to see my spend tracker jump to 25k+ - I didn't have purchases that would get me anywhere near that amount this early in the year, so was there a card open I didn't know about? I called Amex who told me I didn't have any other cards open and suggested I talk to Delta. Talking to Delta would have been difficult due to the weather issues happening right now, so I decided to wait and not worry about it.

The problem was fixed, although my 2019 status went up when I mistakenly hit my 25k of spend and that hasn't reverted yet...
Old Mar 9, 18, 4:17 pm
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines

Hi everyone happy to report the MQD Waiver display issue has been fixed. But, as some of you pointed out, we also discovered some Members MQD Waiver spend was actually incorrect beyond just the display. For a small group of Members, this meant reaching the next Tier of Status in error. We致e now fixed this too and all accounts are correct and reflecting the right Status. We池e sorry about this, and we池e working hard to prevent issues like these - we know it痴 frustrating. Feel free to contact us if you are still experiencing any issues, and have a great rest of your day.
Old Mar 9, 18, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by SkyMilesTeam View Post
Hi everyone happy to report the MQD Waiver display issue has been fixed. But, as some of you pointed out, we also discovered some Members MQD Waiver spend was actually incorrect beyond just the display. For a small group of Members, this meant reaching the next Tier of Status in error. We致e now fixed this too and all accounts are correct and reflecting the right Status. We池e sorry about this, and we池e working hard to prevent issues like these - we know it痴 frustrating. Feel free to contact us if you are still experiencing any issues, and have a great rest of your day.
Hi SkyMiles team, I'm sorry to report that my waiver is still not displaying correctly.

It's crossed over the $25K mark so shows "$25K+".

There is still no way to see the progress toward the $250K" waiver.
Old Mar 9, 18, 7:15 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
On my AMEX Delta CC statements, it also lists where you are in relation to the threshold.
Old Mar 9, 18, 7:40 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Hi SkyMiles team, I'm sorry to report that my waiver is still not displaying correctly.

It's crossed over the $25K mark so shows "$25K+".

There is still no way to see the progress toward the $250K" waiver.
It took a week or two after I surpassed the $25K threshold to display correctly. I'm at ~$125K now, and it shows correctly and updates 1-2 times per week. At the time, I figured it was because the JAN 18 rollover hadn't started to register yet. I passed $25K before the rollover happened, then it took another couple weeks after that to update to the $250K line.
Old Mar 9, 18, 8:32 pm

Programs: DL DM, Wyndham
I'm stuck as of Jan. 18, with no updates. Might it have something to do with the complication related to the dual 25k/250k waiver levels? I called DL about this and they referred me to AMEX who said I should have spoken to DL to begin with......crazy.
Old Mar 9, 18, 10:01 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, UA 1K, MAR PLT, SPG PLT, HH GLD
Mine shows 600K+ MQM's (accurate), 14K MQD, $0 to silver and 2019 status of "SkyMiles Member". I think there are still some kinks being worked out.

Last edited by langbr01; Mar 10, 18 at 6:28 am
Old Mar 27, 18, 10:40 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, SW (former) A-list
I have been on the phone with Delta and with AMEX all morning trying to figure out why my AMEX card spend has not updated since July 13, 2017. The Delta supervisors tell me it's AMEX's problem, and the AMEX supervisors tell me it's DELTA's problem. I am SO FRUSTRATED. This is a huge waste of time--I'm being passed back and forth between the two companies with each one claiming ignorance and that it's not their job. WHAT IS GOING ON HERE, Delta? I've spent over 10K on my Delta AMEX so far this year, and My Delta is showing 0-1K. I've spend 2 hours on hold now and re-explaining to one idiot after another what the problem is. Even the supervisors seem clueless and confounded. ARRRRGHHH.

Search this Thread