Award ticket to ZYR possible?

Old Mar 1, 2018, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Award ticket to ZYR possible?

I'm trying to book an award ticket on Air France using Skymiles to ZYR via CDG, essentially the last leg is a train ticket from Paris to Brussels but Delta.com isn't allowing it. Is this possible over the phone or just not possible with Skymiles?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 2:25 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by slickvik
I'm trying to book an award ticket on Air France using Skymiles to ZYR via CDG, essentially the last leg is a train ticket from Paris to Brussels but Delta.com isn't allowing it. Is this possible over the phone or just not possible with Skymiles?
Skymiles are redeemable on a partner's metal, but not on a partner of a partner's metal. The train is a partner of AF/KL.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 2:28 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mnbp
Skymiles are redeemable on a partner's metal, but not on a partner of a partner's metal. The train is a partner of AF/KL.
Could you book the same thing with Flying Blue though? An award ticket that includes a train if booked through Air France rather than Delta?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 3:04 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by mnbp
Not always necessarily so. For example, you can book JL operated flights under the AF codeshare using SkyMiles (or at least you could in the past).

"Partner of partner" is bookable, IF the partner releases award availability for it to Delta (and Delta doesn't block it). That is all that matters.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 3:58 pm

Programs: DL DM
I would assume so.

I wanted to pay cash for that same itin and DL couldn't sell it to me. I had to get it from AF.
To be specific, I don't remember if I called in and asked if an agent could ticket it under AF codes, but DL.com couldn't sell it to me either while I could book it easily on AF.com

Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
Could you book the same thing with Flying Blue though? An award ticket that includes a train if booked through Air France rather than Delta?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.