Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Weather Alerts me to Reschedule - Delta.com won't let me

Old Mar 1, 18, 6:31 am
Original Poster

Hello... I'm flying ROC-LGA-TPA and tomorrow's storm will cause major issues. So Delta has alerted me via both text and email that I should go and change my flight fee free. Problem is, the app and delta.com will not let me make any changes w/o a fee. I tried calling and the wait time is +2 hours. I've requested a return call, but I fear the good options will be re-booked and i'll be out of luck.

How long does it take for the delta.com to catch up that my itinerary needs to be adjusted? Any idea how to get this done quicker?

Thank you everyone for your collective wisdom and help.
Old Mar 1, 18, 7:12 am

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
I have never successfully been able to reschedule on the app or DL.com...but that may just be me.
Old Mar 1, 18, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by pgh234 View Post
I have never successfully been able to reschedule on the app or DL.com...but that may just be me.
IROP or weather waiver? Paid ticket or award? iOS or Android?

I've done IROP award rebookings on Android with a change of routing, from non-stop to connection.
Old Mar 1, 18, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Flying whoever is most convenient
try the twitter team...find what you want to re-book, and tell them via DM
hi55us, traveller99 and DCP2016 like this.
Old Mar 1, 18, 7:34 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
I really hope the CTO at Delta reads this... the days of 2 hour waits on the 800-line should be over.
ijgordon likes this.
Old Mar 1, 18, 7:40 am

Programs: DL DM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by pgh234 View Post
+1. If I need to reschedule due to a weather waiver, I have to call.
Old Mar 1, 18, 7:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 3Cforme View Post
IROP or weather waiver? Paid ticket or award? iOS or Android?

I've done IROP award rebookings on Android with a change of routing, from non-stop to connection.
1 - Weather Waiver
2 - Paid Ticket
3 - iOS and Computer (Chrome)
Old Mar 1, 18, 7:51 am

Programs: Delta PM, Chick FIl-A Red Member
I called yesterday to re-work a trip to Boston (leaving tonight instead of tomorrow morning). The Reservations agent on the PM line actually didn't know about the waiver. She checked and sure enough it was there. Kind of interesting. She said it was processed as an "even exchange," but I got reticketed in Y (original was L). That's never happened to me before. Fare classes usually stay the same on the confirmation email. It's technically not an IROP, but was treated that way. Interesting.
Old Mar 1, 18, 8:20 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by av8rsamr View Post
I called yesterday to re-work a trip to Boston (leaving tonight instead of tomorrow morning). The Reservations agent on the PM line actually didn't know about the waiver. She checked and sure enough it was there. Kind of interesting. She said it was processed as an "even exchange," but I got reticketed in Y (original was L). That's never happened to me before. Fare classes usually stay the same on the confirmation email. It's technically not an IROP, but was treated that way. Interesting.
Weather waivers can come up pretty quickly. An agent, in say Tampa, may be aware of weather in other areas of the country. A weather waiver allows changes "cabin to cabin" without regard
to inventory. Probably makes it easier that having to ask a supervisor to adjust inventory for each caller.
Old Mar 1, 18, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rangerrk View Post
Hello... I'm flying ROC-LGA-TPA and tomorrow's storm will cause major issues. So Delta has alerted me via both text and email that I should go and change my flight fee free. Problem is, the app and delta.com will not let me make any changes w/o a fee. I tried calling and the wait time is +2 hours. I've requested a return call, but I fear the good options will be re-booked and i'll be out of luck.

How long does it take for the delta.com to catch up that my itinerary needs to be adjusted? Any idea how to get this done quicker?

Thank you everyone for your collective wisdom and help.
After the 2 hour wait for a call, the agent couldn't fix it. Had to transfer me to the manual ticket issues desk... another 45 minutes on hold. finally, i took the advice of PV_Premier and tweeted @Delta. Issue fixed in 3 tweets.

Lesson learned... Tweets do actually work. I'm now routed through ATL and will avoid LGA/JFK. Now I just need to hope our plane arrives Friday night and is ready for 6am Saturday departure.
Old Mar 1, 18, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA; Delta GM
Originally Posted by Rangerrk View Post
After the 2 hour wait for a call, the agent couldn't fix it. Had to transfer me to the manual ticket issues desk... another 45 minutes on hold. finally, i took the advice of PV_Premier and tweeted @Delta. Issue fixed in 3 tweets.

Lesson learned... Tweets do actually work. I'm now routed through ATL and will avoid LGA/JFK. Now I just need to hope our plane arrives Friday night and is ready for 6am Saturday departure.
I always wondered how this worked. Thanks for sharing your story and explaining what worked and didn't work for you!
Old Mar 1, 18, 3:30 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
I am virtually never able to change tickets via the web unless I've not taken any of the travel yet. I am very rarely able to do IROPS via the app or web, maybe 10% of the time it works. About 1/3 of the time I can start to change via the app or web during IROPS but then I bomb out at finish. I almost exclusively book via delta.com.
Old Mar 2, 18, 4:41 am
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
Web only works for me if it's an IRROP's situation, not for weather waivers. When changing it online doesn't work I always go to Twitter, they always accept my routing alternative and I'm re-ticketed withing 5-10 minutes versus 2+ hours on the phone.
Old Mar 2, 18, 5:30 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Yup, can't change today's cancelled flight online (errors out at last step) or on app. Did get automatically rebooked on an awful flight tomorrow.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: