FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Weather Alerts me to Reschedule - Delta.com won't let me (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1896390-weather-alerts-me-reschedule-delta-com-wont-let-me.html)

InfrequentFlyer2018 Mar 1, 2018 6:31 am

Weather Alerts me to Reschedule - Delta.com won't let me

Hello... I'm flying ROC-LGA-TPA and tomorrow's storm will cause major issues. So Delta has alerted me via both text and email that I should go and change my flight fee free. Problem is, the app and delta.com will not let me make any changes w/o a fee. I tried calling and the wait time is +2 hours. I've requested a return call, but I fear the good options will be re-booked and i'll be out of luck.

How long does it take for the delta.com to catch up that my itinerary needs to be adjusted? Any idea how to get this done quicker?

Thank you everyone for your collective wisdom and help.

pgh234 Mar 1, 2018 7:12 am

I have never successfully been able to reschedule on the app or DL.com...but that may just be me.

3Cforme Mar 1, 2018 7:18 am

Originally Posted by pgh234 (Post 29472660)
I have never successfully been able to reschedule on the app or DL.com...but that may just be me.

IROP or weather waiver? Paid ticket or award? iOS or Android?

I've done IROP award rebookings on Android with a change of routing, from non-stop to connection.

PV_Premier Mar 1, 2018 7:18 am

try the twitter team...find what you want to re-book, and tell them via DM

hi55us Mar 1, 2018 7:34 am

I really hope the CTO at Delta reads this... the days of 2 hour waits on the 800-line should be over.

LoganFlyer Mar 1, 2018 7:40 am

Originally Posted by pgh234 (Post 29472660)

+1. If I need to reschedule due to a weather waiver, I have to call.

InfrequentFlyer2018 Mar 1, 2018 7:41 am

Originally Posted by 3Cforme (Post 29472687)
IROP or weather waiver? Paid ticket or award? iOS or Android?

I've done IROP award rebookings on Android with a change of routing, from non-stop to connection.

1 - Weather Waiver
2 - Paid Ticket
3 - iOS and Computer (Chrome)

av8rsamr Mar 1, 2018 7:51 am

I called yesterday to re-work a trip to Boston (leaving tonight instead of tomorrow morning). The Reservations agent on the PM line actually didn't know about the waiver. She checked and sure enough it was there. Kind of interesting. She said it was processed as an "even exchange," but I got reticketed in Y (original was L). That's never happened to me before. Fare classes usually stay the same on the confirmation email. It's technically not an IROP, but was treated that way. Interesting.

Mr. Tickets Mar 1, 2018 8:20 am

Originally Posted by av8rsamr (Post 29472798)
I called yesterday to re-work a trip to Boston (leaving tonight instead of tomorrow morning). The Reservations agent on the PM line actually didn't know about the waiver. She checked and sure enough it was there. Kind of interesting. She said it was processed as an "even exchange," but I got reticketed in Y (original was L). That's never happened to me before. Fare classes usually stay the same on the confirmation email. It's technically not an IROP, but was treated that way. Interesting.

Weather waivers can come up pretty quickly. An agent, in say Tampa, may be aware of weather in other areas of the country. A weather waiver allows changes "cabin to cabin" without regard
to inventory. Probably makes it easier that having to ask a supervisor to adjust inventory for each caller.

InfrequentFlyer2018 Mar 1, 2018 9:07 am

Originally Posted by Rangerrk (Post 29472514)
Hello... I'm flying ROC-LGA-TPA and tomorrow's storm will cause major issues. So Delta has alerted me via both text and email that I should go and change my flight fee free. Problem is, the app and delta.com will not let me make any changes w/o a fee. I tried calling and the wait time is +2 hours. I've requested a return call, but I fear the good options will be re-booked and i'll be out of luck.

How long does it take for the delta.com to catch up that my itinerary needs to be adjusted? Any idea how to get this done quicker?

Thank you everyone for your collective wisdom and help.

After the 2 hour wait for a call, the agent couldn't fix it. Had to transfer me to the manual ticket issues desk... another 45 minutes on hold. finally, i took the advice of PV_Premier and tweeted @Delta. Issue fixed in 3 tweets.

Lesson learned... Tweets do actually work. I'm now routed through ATL and will avoid LGA/JFK. Now I just need to hope our plane arrives Friday night and is ready for 6am Saturday departure.

aquamarinesteph Mar 1, 2018 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by Rangerrk (Post 29473134)
After the 2 hour wait for a call, the agent couldn't fix it. Had to transfer me to the manual ticket issues desk... another 45 minutes on hold. finally, i took the advice of PV_Premier and tweeted @Delta. Issue fixed in 3 tweets.

Lesson learned... Tweets do actually work. I'm now routed through ATL and will avoid LGA/JFK. Now I just need to hope our plane arrives Friday night and is ready for 6am Saturday departure.

I always wondered how this worked. Thanks for sharing your story and explaining what worked and didn't work for you!

bergamini Mar 1, 2018 3:30 pm

I am virtually never able to change tickets via the web unless I've not taken any of the travel yet. I am very rarely able to do IROPS via the app or web, maybe 10% of the time it works. About 1/3 of the time I can start to change via the app or web during IROPS but then I bomb out at finish. I almost exclusively book via delta.com.

DCP2016 Mar 2, 2018 4:41 am

Web only works for me if it's an IRROP's situation, not for weather waivers. When changing it online doesn't work I always go to Twitter, they always accept my routing alternative and I'm re-ticketed withing 5-10 minutes versus 2+ hours on the phone.

bergamini Mar 2, 2018 5:30 am

Yup, can't change today's cancelled flight online (errors out at last step) or on app. Did get automatically rebooked on an awful flight tomorrow.