Northeast Weather Waiver - 3/2-3/3

Old Mar 2, 2018, 10:46 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Spirit flights is deicing next to us at D3.
Some on the plane aren’t happy. Lol
Old Mar 2, 2018, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Both JFK and LGA now have an air traffic control ground stop until 1:30pm for incoming flights.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Groundstop at LGA and JFK due to strong winds. Almost from the due north at 40kt, gusts to 45kt. And at 2,000 feet, winds are over 50 kts
Old Mar 2, 2018, 10:56 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
What about departing flights?
Old Mar 2, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
Originally Posted by apodo77
What about departing flights?
I just watched DL 422 takeoff from JFK from the T2 SC, so there's at least some activity. I don't believe there are any particular FAA restrictions right now
Old Mar 2, 2018, 11:01 am

Programs: Delta Platinum & MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, National Car Executive
Report above that all Delta flights into BOS except TATL are cancelled today is not accurate.

I was was on DL 2531 from LAX to BOS and that was cancelled.

Rerouted to SFO and the SFO to BOS is still Going so far.

Fingers crossed.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 11:21 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I just went outside and it's very nasty weather
Old Mar 2, 2018, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mfFrom35K
Report above that all Delta flights into BOS except TATL are cancelled today is not accurate.
I was was on DL 2531 from LAX to BOS and that was cancelled.
Rerouted to SFO and the SFO to BOS is still Going so far.

Fingers crossed.
Sorry, should've said up to certain time... I saw up to around 6:30pm arrivals that everything was canned. Weather is deteriorating in BOS however so I'll be shocked if it doesn't cancel.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 11:39 am

​​​​​And 2436 is finally cancelled.
Captain was awesome with updates.
No thanks to Delta I got myself booked home tomorrow.
On company business so not our any money.

Last edited by apodo77; Mar 2, 2018 at 11:48 am
Old Mar 2, 2018, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

JFK/LGA ground stop extended to 2:30pm.

Last edited by rylan; Mar 2, 2018 at 11:54 am
Old Mar 2, 2018, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by apodo77
​​​​​And 2436 is finally cancelled.
Captain was awesome with updates.
No thanks to Delta I got myself booked home tomorrow.
You should try to get DL to rebook you anyway, so you don't have to pay for the other flight you booked on your own.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by rylan
You should try to get DL to rebook you anyway, so you don't have to pay for the other flight you booked on your own.
I should have prefaced this is work travel so I will be reimbursed. I’ll get a refund for this segment of trip in vain.
DL auto rebooked me on LGA-MCO-ATL-PBI. Quite the routing and FT’ers would be proud! Lol
AANYC1981 and hi55us like this.

Last edited by apodo77; Mar 3, 2018 at 6:41 am
Old Mar 2, 2018, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lol, should get off at MCO and take a car to PBI. But then you'd lose the extra mileage run segments
Old Mar 2, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: Delta PM, HHonors Diamond (Aspire)
Of weather system and mechanical problems...

So I changed my 6:20pm out of Providence to Atlanta tonight to a 5:30am this morning with a connection through Detroit in hopes of escaping the weather (which is turning out not to be so bad after all... and had I just stayed put I probably would have been fine). Turns out that 2364 went mechanical and we had to wait for a part that they drove down from Boston, and then for a new crew because the original timed out. Of course, by that time there were no connections left--just my luck! Got myself put on a connection through LAX--my brother is getting married tomorrow, so you gotta do what you gotta do. Anyway, at 1pm the flight to Detroit was finally ready to go, but just before takeoff something went wrong again so now we're back at the gate waiting to see what happens. I called the PM line and got myself protected on a flight to SLC this evening and then taking the red eye, so here's to hoping that works...

Of course though, there is a silver lining to everything. Imagine my surprise when I got a personalized email from general manager of customer care Heidi Gould telling me that I would be getting 7500 miles deposited to my account within 3 days! Now I can enjoy one of them premium cocktails they have at the SkyClubs--on Delta's buck!

Life is good.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 12:12 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Weather is not that bad in the DC area, however, a bunch of flights were cancelled. I ended up changing my flight (and gave up my already confirmed upgrades with 20+ in the list) to fly tomorrow instead, as my spouse's flight on AA was cancelled this morning.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.