Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Delta Platinum/Reserve AMEX MQM boost thread

Old Aug 5, 2021, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
Link to claim/gift Reserve MQMs (note, you must already be logged in before you click on this link, otherwise you will be redirected to the DL home page): https://www.delta.com/acctactvty/mbrLanding.action

"You can gift your MQMs to a loved one or friend by depositing them into their account within 30 days. If a recipient is not chosen within 30 days, we will automatically add the MQMs to your account."
Print Wikipost

Consolidated Delta Platinum/Reserve AMEX MQM boost thread

Old Oct 12, 2019, 6:42 am

Programs: DLDime & MM - Marriott LifePlat - Hertz Prez - Hyatt Dissapointedist
Go to
https://www.delta.com/acctactvty/mbrLanding.action
and claim away.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 1:41 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Emailed link landed today after my statement closed on Thursday, so 3 days is accurate (depending on when you want to start counting). I have the MQMs on my account and it now indicated I'm gold. Thanks everyone!
WillBarrett_68 and hhdl like this.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 1:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by hi55us
Emailed link landed today after my statement closed on Thursday, so 3 days is accurate (depending on when you want to start counting). I have the MQMs on my account and it now indicated I'm gold. Thanks everyone!
Yay and congrats!
Old Oct 12, 2019, 5:50 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Originally Posted by hi55us
Congratulations on your milestone!
Old Oct 13, 2019, 4:14 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Delta DM & 1MM, Hertz and Avis President's Circle
From my experience with the Reserve cards, boost MQMs and companion certificates post on or shortly after your statement drops. Sign on bonuses hit right after you cross the threshold.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 9:53 am

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Wife's statement closed on the 11th giving her the 2nd boost and the 15K miles. Delta sent email at 12:09 AM notifying her of same and I was able to transfer MQM to my account immediately giving me Platinum for next year.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 10:24 pm

Programs: delta
MQM bonus from Delta Platinum @$50k timing?

HEllo all!

Long time lurker here with a question I am sure someone here can answer. I asked the delta amex and the Delta folks and got some vague answers.

Trying to get to platinum.

I am currently gold medallion and have

65,125 MQMs and am way past the MQD and card spend requirements needed for Platinum

My card spend on my Platinum Delta Amex is at $47,138 and I will easily spend more than the $2,862 in december to get over $50k. I only need 9,876 MQMs for Platinum status which with as much as I will be flying next year will be worth it.

Does anyone know when the 10k MQM bonus will hit my account? AM I at risk of not qualifying if I depend on the MQM bonus?
Old Nov 22, 2019, 10:29 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If will hit your account about a day after your statement closing date (assuming that enough charges post before NYE to get your 2019 qualified spend, excluding fees/returns/money-equivalent stuff/etc., over $50,000 by NYE). However, regardless of the closing date, MQMs earned for 2019 purchases will count as being earned in 2019, and of course any excess MQMs will become rollover.
olegator likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Note that spend must actually "post" by 12/31/19 to count (it's not based on transaction date). It can sometimes take a day or two after a transaction for it to post to your Amex account, so don't wait until last day of December to cross the spend threshold. As noted above, the MQM boost will not actually post to your DL account until slightly after statement close and this may occur in 2020. But they will backdate the MQM's to 2019 if it does and will update your status for 2020 if you qualify for a higher status level (they will also update your MQM rollover amount if it posts after the MQM rollover has posted to your account).
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 4:26 pm

Programs: delta
Thanks much all! Just put $1,800 worth of Christmas presents on it today so I think I will get it in under the wire.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 5:05 pm

Does anyone know if it works the same way with the MQM bonus for new card holders? I opened the reserve card hoping to get the 10k MQM bonus this year but now that I've met the spend threshold and the statement date has come and gone, Amex is now saying it will be 8-12 weeks for the MQMs. Would they could for 2019 even if not credited until 2020??
Old Nov 24, 2019, 9:47 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by computerdude103
Does anyone know if it works the same way with the MQM bonus for new card holders? I opened the reserve card hoping to get the 10k MQM bonus this year but now that I've met the spend threshold and the statement date has come and gone, Amex is now saying it will be 8-12 weeks for the MQMs. Would they could for 2019 even if not credited until 2020??
Typically, yes.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by computerdude103
I'd be a bit surprised if it really takes 8-12 weeks assuming that there aren't any issues, such as whether you really received and applied under a targeted promo, too many AmEx past bonuses, returns or purchase of easily returnable stuff like fully refundable plane tickets, etc.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 6:33 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Delta PM, AA Plat
Delta Reserve Amex -> Got Bonus Miles for 30K spend, but no MQMs

I already had the Delta Platinum Amex and I picked up the Reserve Amex this year. I crossed 30K of spend and 15000 bonus miles posted but no MQM on Dec 18th.... With the platinum card these always posted at the same time, is the reserve card different, or do I need to contact customer service.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
With the Reserve you have to actively claim them before they are deposited since there is also the option of gifting them to someone else.

https://www.delta.com/acctactvty/mbrLanding.action
MSPeconomist likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.