Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Delta Platinum/Reserve AMEX MQM boost thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 5, 2021, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
Link to claim/gift Reserve MQMs (note, you must already be logged in before you click on this link, otherwise you will be redirected to the DL home page): https://www.delta.com/acctactvty/mbrLanding.action

"You can gift your MQMs to a loved one or friend by depositing them into their account within 30 days. If a recipient is not chosen within 30 days, we will automatically add the MQMs to your account."
Print Wikipost

Consolidated Delta Platinum/Reserve AMEX MQM boost thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2019, 11:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
My *guess* would be than AmEx views paypal transactions as "money equivalent".

Note that certain items such as annual card fees, interest, penalties, returns, and credits don't count either.

Read the T&C for your card carefully if you haven't already done so. You might also want to check information in the AmEx credit card forum here on FT.

You get the MQMs a couple days after the credit card statement closes; for the Reserve card, you'll get an email inviting you to keep or gift them, but this can be done on the DL website as soon as the 15,000 RDMs post to your DL FF account.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 3:25 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
On occasion I have to pay for merchandise through PayPal with a charge to my Reserve Card. These are not PayPal cash transfers and are always included in my balance credited for MQM boosts.

You AMEX statement should show you how much is credited.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 3:36 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
If you look at the My Skymiles screen (My Delta - MySkyMiles) it shows you the as of date for the Credit Card spend. Many people have reported long intervals between actual spend and when it posts.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 3:23 pm

Programs: Delta
Thanks, folks. Hoping it's just the long lag. As I poked around more, it seemed like the MQM boost accrual was just on a delay - because the number on my AMEX statement after adjustments and credits matches what's being deposited as earned miles in my Skymiles account (which, as I understand, has the same stipulation about no person-to-person payments). Card spend was last updated on the 29th and my MQM boost is still only ~50% of what my card spend is. Fingers crossed I get a happy email about an MQM boost this week though!
Old Apr 1, 2019, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's looks like the spend tracker for the MQM Boost is updated less frequently than the one for MQD Waiver (mine is behind as well). The MQM Boost is only available after the statement close for the period in which you cross the threshold. They do not make it available as soon as your cross the spend threshold. The MQD waiver takes effect as soon as an update to your spend with Delta causes you to cross the $25K threshold.

Last edited by xliioper; Apr 1, 2019 at 4:23 pm
Old Apr 2, 2019, 7:54 am

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by LBJ
It's looks like the spend tracker for the MQM Boost is updated less frequently than the one for MQD Waiver (mine is behind as well). The MQM Boost is only available after the statement close for the period in which you cross the threshold. They do not make it available as soon as your cross the spend threshold. The MQD waiver takes effect as soon as an update to your spend with Delta causes you to cross the $25K threshold.
This makes a lot of sense. Thank you!
Old Apr 2, 2019, 9:00 am

You can also call the number on your reserve card and they can tell you exactly what your current spend for the year is.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 3:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Reserve Card MQM Boost

I hit the $30k in spend last week for the Reserve card but still haven't received the boost. I have a flight coming up next week and these MQMs will make me a gold, any idea how long until the MQMs post?
Old Oct 11, 2019, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
I believe the 30k/60k boosts post a couple days after the next statement closing. They don't post right when the spend is completed (this is different from how the MQD waiver gets recorded).
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yup - for me, almost always exactly two days after the statement closes.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 3:47 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by gooselee
I believe the 30k/60k boosts post a couple days after the next statement closing. They don't post right when the spend is completed (this is different from how the MQD waiver gets recorded).
The Reserve MQMs also don't post automatically. One must log in or follow an email link and pick to either keep or gift the MQMs. IIRC if this isn't done in 90 days, they're credited to your account (keep).
gooselee likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 3:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Ugh, ok. Fortunately my statement just closed yesterday so hopefully I'll get the email/they'll post on Monday.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 4:08 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by hi55us
Ugh, ok. Fortunately my statement just closed yesterday so hopefully I'll get the email/they'll post on Monday.
Like the other poster said above, the reserve card MQMs don’t post immediately as you have the option to gift them to someone else if you want. They will post to your account if you don’t claim them within 90 days.

If your statement has already closed, go to this link and you should be able to claim your MQMs and have them posted in your account immediately.

https://www.delta.com/acctactvty/mbrLanding.action
gooselee and bradvoy like this.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 6:22 pm

I tend to watch for the 15,000 RDMs to post to my account, then search for something like "gift keep MQMs Reserve" while logged in on delta.dumb to find the link that enables me to keep them and have them post instantly.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 6:22 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by hi55us
I had this same situation just before a flight in August - statement closed Friday, Monday morning I was Gold.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.