Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Delta Platinum/Reserve AMEX MQM boost thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 5, 2021, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
Link to claim/gift Reserve MQMs (note, you must already be logged in before you click on this link, otherwise you will be redirected to the DL home page): https://www.delta.com/acctactvty/mbrLanding.action

"You can gift your MQMs to a loved one or friend by depositing them into their account within 30 days. If a recipient is not chosen within 30 days, we will automatically add the MQMs to your account."
Print Wikipost

Consolidated Delta Platinum/Reserve AMEX MQM boost thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2021, 10:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ffI
Phone? I think the websites came after that and now mobile apps too
:-)
The main advantage of paying by Amex site is that it frees up the line a lot at once
In the past, I could pay off the limit; charge the second time, pay it off and keep going 3-4 times
So for a 15k card, I could get 60k charged in 1 day; now Amex took that away and allows only 1 payment a day

The only advantage of paying from the bank is that Amex adds the amount paid to your available credit e.g.,
15k card, 10k paid from bank Dec 29th - hits account on Dec 31 - 25k available on Jan 1 - pay off 25 - 15k available at once to charge - so can do 40k in 1 day with a 15k credit line
Don't try extreme pay forward - I have always paid up LESS than the credit line limit e.g.15k line - 14k max in advance from bank to avoid Amex freezing my account for fraud

Don't ever try this with BofA though - they put that on hold and draw that against your limit e.g. 25k Limit card - large charge of 30k coming through - pay 5k in advance from Bank as I would have with Amex -
The line hits 30k for a brief while in the morning - if you make the charge then and it goes through you are fine, but - by evening - the 5k gets reduced from the credit line and available credit goes to 20k !
I called BofA to try to explain that I have already paid up 5k, but they told me due to fraud and overcharge concerns, once they are aware of overpayment they will hold that amount for 1 week before releasing it from the credit line
So you are worse off than if you wait for a charge and pay it off from the bank site - funny enough if you pay it off at once, they release line at once
Sorry, but I don't understand how/why this is a response to my post.

I don't play games with my AmEx cards. I simply pay the bill in its entirety before it's due. I have no interest in "churning" my credit limit, nor do I normally pay much attention to it. However, I could not help noticing that the updated available credit line previously appeared on the email confirmation of payment and is now stated orally by the automated system at the end of the "pay by phone" call.
gooselee likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2021, 4:47 pm

I called AmEx for more information regarding the missing 15k MQM boost and got bounced between AmEx and Delta for almost 2 hours.

The Good: Both AmEx and Delta agree I hit the spending requirement. The CSRs were generally pretty nice.

The Bad: No resolution. The next step is to wait for my next statement close. I'm not optimistic though. My impression is that the boost has been delivered in the eyes of AmEx.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 8:35 am

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
2021 Amex Status boost

Just received this notice:Status Boost 25% Bonus in 2021

Starting on January 1, 2021 through December 31, 2021 (“Purchase Period”), Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Card or Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business Card Members that meet Status Boost’s $30,000, $60,000, $90,000 and $120,000 purchase thresholds, will be awarded an additional 3,750 bonus Medallion Qualification Miles on top of the 15,000 MQMs they already earn as part of each purchase threshold (for a total of 18,750 MQMs per purchase threshold). Offer ends December 31, 2021.

Nice
Old Jan 25, 2021, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This was announced back in December -- https://www.nerdwallet.com/article/c...-boost-in-2021
​​​​​​There's existing discussions in the consolidated Amex MQM Boost thread (including some people getting the higher Boost amount for 2020 spend) -- Consolidated Delta Platinum/Reserve AMEX MQM boost thread
Old Jan 25, 2021, 9:08 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
At least for Diamond, MQDs are going to be the challenge this year, not MQM (given rollover) given the constrained business travel and low fares. I'm assuming that Delta will give some relief on that at some point, but are playing wait-and-see on how it evolves. I'm guessing at a minimum they'll give a 25% reduction under the assumption that the first quarter is a wash.
gretchendz likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 7:52 am

Delta Skymiles: MQM Status Boost?

Yes, I've tried reaching out directly to Delta, and it's a LONG wait to get a reply so trying you all while I wait on Delta..

I reached an "MQM Status Boost" milestone via my AmEx Delta Reserve card spend about three weeks ago. I should have received 18,750 MQMs on my Skymiles account (pushing me to Platinum Medallion status for 2022). I have not received the "boost" on my Delta account.

Then I found this statement (fine print) on my Delta account. Do I need to fly more on Delta to get the boost? Anyone know what "enough" is equal to in terms of "one whole bonus MQS"?

2022 Medallion Status Accelerator
Bonus MQSs from our 2022 Medallion Status Accelerator Promotion will be credited to your account once you have flown enough to equal one (1) whole bonus MQS. Bonus MQMs, MQSs, and MQDs will be retroactively credited to your account by May 31, 2021. Partner-operated flights and exceptions fares are excluded. Terms apply.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did you receive an email confirming you reached the spend threshold? Reserve card MQM Boosts do not post automatically as they can be gifted to someone else. There's a link in the email to select who should get the MQM Boost. If you did not receive the email, you should review your year to date Amex spend and subtract ineligible spend like the card annual fee and gift cards and any returns or credits.

The current 2022 Delta Status Accelerator promo program has nothing to do with the DL Amex annual MQM Boosts. These are completely different things.

Last edited by xliioper; Jul 9, 2021 at 8:18 am
Old Jul 9, 2021, 8:22 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If OP cannot find the email, going to the full DL website and searching should lead to a link where you can pick to keep or gift your Reserve card MQMs. [I've never done this in the app.}
Old Jul 9, 2021, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A search will not return the page as it is apparently excluded from the delta.com website search indexes. The direct link to the selection page is https://www.delta.com/acctactvty/mbrLanding.action (you need to be logged in to see the selection option).
If poster did not receive email or link above states spend threshold has not been met, I would review Amex spend, fees, credit, etc. to verify threshold has actually been met.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 10:40 pm
NY9

Delta Amex Reserve MQM Bonus Delay?

Hit the $30k spend on my reserve card and MQMs haven’t posted. It’s been about two or three weeks now. Usually it literally posts the day of or day after. Anyone having similar issues?
Old Aug 5, 2021, 11:15 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by NY9
Hit the $30k spend on my reserve card and MQMs haven’t posted. It’s been about two or three weeks now. Usually it literally posts the day of or day after. Anyone having similar issues?
Reserve card MQMs do not post immediately -- you should have gotten an email from AMEX with a link to claim them before 30 days are up (since you can also gift them). If you do nothing then they will post after 30 days.

See: Consolidated Delta Platinum/Reserve AMEX MQM boost thread
Pocatello likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 11:42 pm

If you don't have the email with the link, you can search delta.dumb for terms like Reserve card keep/gift MQMs. If you have the wording right, one of the first few choices will send you to the page where you can choose to keep or gift the MQMs.

BTW, make sure you're calculating the $30,000 spend correctly. The app and DL website tend to be correct, but just adding your bills might include items that don't count for the spend, such as the card's annual fee, interest and other fees, cash advances, gift card purchases, and other "near money" transactions. Returns also need to be subtracted.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 4:03 am

Amex doesn’t know if you are gifting these to someone else or keeping them for yourself.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If you don't have the email with the link, you can search delta.dumb for terms like Reserve card keep/gift MQMs. If you have the wording right, one of the first few choices will send you to the page where you can choose to keep or gift the MQMs.

BTW, make sure you're calculating the $30,000 spend correctly. The app and DL website tend to be correct, but just adding your bills might include items that don't count for the spend, such as the card's annual fee, interest and other fees, cash advances, gift card purchases, and other "near money" transactions. Returns also need to be subtracted.
I've never seen a search on delta.com return the page as it doesn't appear to be indexed by their search engine.

Here is the direct link to the page (also in the wiki at the top of this thread) -- https://www.delta.com/acctactvty/mbrLanding.action
Old Aug 13, 2021, 12:11 pm
NY9

Sorry. I had meant to respond to this to say thank you. I never got the email that people said I might get but did use the below link and it allowed me to instantly transfer the 18k MQMs to my account. Appreciate it.

Originally Posted by xliioper
I've never seen a search on delta.com return the page as it doesn't appear to be indexed by their search engine.

Here is the direct link to the page (also in the wiki at the top of this thread) -- https://www.delta.com/acctactvty/mbrLanding.action
Steven NH/BOS likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.