Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kudos to the CVG Sky Club

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2018, 12:31 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Kudos to the CVG Sky Club

This has always been one of my favorite clubs. The staff is friendly and proactive and there is lots of space. In addition they keep a fully stocked freezer of ice cream (klondike bars, ice cream sandwiches and other treats). Today when I stopped in to get my ice cream fix they had (the nicest gentleman) set up with a hot dog cart. And shall we point out they were GOOD NYC type hot dogs. It turns out they did this once during the breast cancer awareness campaign and it was such a big hit they now have it weekly (every Thursday). They are free but you can also leave a donation if desired. This was something I have never seen in another club and it was such a nice touch in a bad week! #wtg #thisismywidget
aquamarinesteph likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 12:53 pm

Programs: DL PM / 1MM "Enhancee" (Frequent Flyer) Since 1990
Originally Posted by Lehava
This has always been one of my favorite clubs. The staff is friendly and proactive and there is lots of space. In addition they keep a fully stocked freezer of ice cream (klondike bars, ice cream sandwiches and other treats). Today when I stopped in to get my ice cream fix they had (the nicest gentleman) set up with a hot dog cart. And shall we point out they were GOOD NYC type hot dogs. It turns out they did this once during the breast cancer awareness campaign and it was such a big hit they now have it weekly (every Thursday). They are free but you can also leave a donation if desired. This was something I have never seen in another club and it was such a nice touch
Humm.. the couple of times I visited the CVG SC it had none of this stuff.. in fact the place had the 'on the brink of closing' feel like the rest of CVG which has been abandoned.. there were a few drinks and a veggie platter..
Old Feb 22, 2018, 12:55 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
LGA D Club Dec 2015:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25892837-post132.html

Originally Posted by davetravels
Ya beat me to it! Glad I searched first!

Norberto said that they do this on Wednesdays & Thursdays, I believe.

I've also seen it at JFK Concourse F T4.

Last edited by davetravels; Feb 22, 2018 at 3:11 pm
Old Feb 22, 2018, 1:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
DTW's main A club had hot dogs last week - I believe it was a Thursday. They were pretty good and they had lots of fixings.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
DTW's main A club had hot dogs last week - I believe it was a Thursday. They were pretty good and they had lots of fixings.
They had brats a few weeks ago and they were excellent.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 1:26 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
PBI has the ice cream freezer at all times.
Seen hot dogs at several clubs the past couple years.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 1:42 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
I somehow missed that when I was at PBI. I loved that cvg had the hot dog guy not just hot dogs set out. I felt like i was on the street in nyc

Originally Posted by apodo77
PBI has the ice cream freezer at all times.
Seen hot dogs at several clubs the past couple years.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by indufan
They had brats a few weeks ago and they were excellent.
Now, don't get people started on the topic of children in the Club. You know how that will go.
davetravels, indufan and sky303 like this.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 2:23 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
LGA’s Concourse D club had Nathan’s hotdogs served from the cart this afternoon.
Lehava likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 2:30 pm

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
New York? No Chicago Vienna Hot Dogs? Pass.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 3:03 pm

I have flown on Super Bowl Sunday and seen Sky Clubs offering Wings with various sauces and chips with multiple types of salsas
Old Feb 22, 2018, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by davetravels
LGA D Club Dec 2015:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25892837-post132.html

I've also seen it at JFK Concourse F.
Where is Concourse F at JFK?
bonoman likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 3:08 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by nystateofmind
Where is Concourse F at JFK?
<It's in my head!>

I was just testing you. You win the grand prize!

Haha! I alwayz get JFK T4 mixed up with ATL concourse F.

I meant JFK T4.

Lehava and bonoman like this.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 5:00 pm

Programs: DL Dia, KM, 2MM, Hilton Dia, Natl Emer Exec. Avis Pres.
Originally Posted by Lehava
This has always been one of my favorite clubs. The staff is friendly and proactive and there is lots of space. In addition they keep a fully stocked freezer of ice cream (klondike bars, ice cream sandwiches and other treats). Today when I stopped in to get my ice cream fix they had (the nicest gentleman) set up with a hot dog cart. And shall we point out they were GOOD NYC type hot dogs. It turns out they did this once during the breast cancer awareness campaign and it was such a big hit they now have it weekly (every Thursday). They are free but you can also leave a donation if desired. This was something I have never seen in another club and it was such a nice touch in a bad week! #wtg #thisismywidget
This guy is a character - he has been bartender at CVG crown room for a long time. He is always quick with corny lines while he is mixing your drink...like .."you need a little turbulence .." as he stirs your drink.
Lehava likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 8:47 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

He was awesome. I had the funniest conversation with him about hot dog toppings.

Originally Posted by hortkie
This guy is a character - he has been bartender at CVG crown room for a long time. He is always quick with corny lines while he is mixing your drink...like .."you need a little turbulence .." as he stirs your drink.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.