Wiki Posts
Search

Air Europa comments

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2018, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Air Europa comments

Morning,

Looking at booking to Spain, and Air Europa keeps popping up. Anyone ever fly them? Points earned are the same as Delta? (I'll be flying coach, nothing special).
Thanks for the comments.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 6:51 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Haven't flown them, reviews I've seen seem to be mixed. If you book the DL flight number, you earn according to normal DL rule. If you book the Air Europa flight numbers, most coach fares earn only partial miles. See: https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-partners.html
Old Feb 20, 2018, 6:51 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat
I can't speak to their TATL service, but I flew with UX from LGW-MAD, and as a DM, I got the standard free checked bag with a priority tag, priority security access at LGW, lounge access at LGW (to the No. 1 Lounge), and Sky Priority boarding (which admittedly wasn't monitored at all by the outsourced ground staff at LGW).

Beyond that, no other perks - no free advance seat assignments or anything like that. It was a short flight, so it was fine, but don't get too excited about anything out of the norm.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 6:53 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Beware the 787s though...
Old Feb 20, 2018, 8:26 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Gold
Like Cory above, I can't speak to TATL service, but I flew them on a short BCN-ORY flight. I'd rate it as "fine". As GM, I got priority bag service and boarding and a free bag, but that's all. The plane seemed rather run down and the whole experience just seemed like a very LCC sort of operation to me.

If you're looking at Air Europa on an intra-Europe flight, do it, but I'm not sure I'd fly them TATL.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 10:17 am

Flown it MAD-LIS as part of a DL itinerary. Same feedback as above.

For a 2 hour flight it's fine. Anything more and I'd look elsewhere. Crew was uninvolved and uninterested. I actually thought it was an LCC until this thread.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles DM
I flew them CDG-AGP as part of DL itinerary as well. I believe I got full MQMs, and mileage based on ticket price + eligible bonus miles. Service was pretty basic as others have pointed out. If you are Elite, you get to board early but that's it.

I did order a Spanish ham snack pack which was quite tasty .....
Old Feb 20, 2018, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the feedback! It seems like their price for JFK-BCN is explainable, but still worth it. Delta was 3 x the price. I think I can suffer through it.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 7:45 pm

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Flew them from MAD-BCN R/T a few years ago. The RDU-MAD was on DL with miles, MAD-BCN was cheap on UX (<100EUR IIRC). We got upgraded to First (MAD-BCN) on an A330 which I was very surprised at. All in all great experience. Checked our bag through on DL/UX when we checked in (after showing agent MAD-BCN itin). Nowadays I think I read that they got rid of the interline baggage agreement.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
I flew UX maybe 2 years ago BCN-PMI and then PMI-MAD. In "J" as it was part of a larger award.

Hard product is what you'd expect from intra-Europe J.
Soft product led me to decide I would avoid UX in the future unless it was absolutely necessary.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 10:58 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
UX is a low cost carrier - so expect basically the minimum required benefits from SkyTeam, stapled to a RyanAir or Easyjet clone. This means tou’ll Want to prepare for the baggage microscope and pack your own food and drink... but it also means lounge access and better seats should be obtainable without too much fuss.
Speech99 likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 9:47 pm

Programs: DL DM & 5MM, WN
I flew Majorca-Madrid-JFK last year in paid Air Europa J. Good trip: typical intra--European J and a large lounge in Madrid. Not sure how this could be considered a Ryanair experince or "clone.".
TATL on the A330 in J is "nearly lie flat." Since I don't sleep westbound, it was fine. My plan this year is to fly eastbound on a SkyMiles ticket in D1 and to have a paid return on Air Europa.
In several searches, I see Delta pricing westbound J on Air Europa code shares 200-400% higher than the Air Europa website. Buyer beware.
Speech99 likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 6:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Justin026
I flew Majorca-Madrid-JFK last year in paid Air Europa J. Good trip: typical intra--European J and a large lounge in Madrid. Not sure how this could be considered a Ryanair experince or "clone.".
TATL on the A330 in J is "nearly lie flat." Since I don't sleep westbound, it was fine. My plan this year is to fly eastbound on a SkyMiles ticket in D1 and to have a paid return on Air Europa.
In several searches, I see Delta pricing westbound J on Air Europa code shares 200-400% higher than the Air Europa website. Buyer beware.
I was seeing the same prices when searching on delta. I found the lesser price on google.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 8:59 am

Programs: MR/SPG Plat, HH Gold, DL PM
I flew PRG-IBZ with them one-way a few months back, (a route that doesn't seem to be bookable directly with Delta), and had no complaints with the flight itself. According to the chart they are group 2, so you should get partial credit. Not sure why, but even though I booked direct, it booked into an ineligible fare bucket and I received no credit. To this day I still have no idea what I did wrong.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 10:18 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Saidoh
I flew PRG-IBZ with them one-way a few months back, (a route that doesn't seem to be bookable directly with Delta), and had no complaints with the flight itself. According to the chart they are group 2, so you should get partial credit. Not sure why, but even though I booked direct, it booked into an ineligible fare bucket and I received no credit. To this day I still have no idea what I did wrong.
I flew them from Rome to Bilbao...cheap fare, so also didn't get any mileage credit on DL due to fare class.

BUT - having my SkyMiles # in the Rez gave me nice benefits for a $100 fare - lounge access, free checked bag, exit row seat free at booking, priority security at FCO. Only sucky part was not being prepared for no free food or drink besides water (in Euro LCC style)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.