Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

unprofessional & rude diamond line skymiles representative....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

unprofessional & rude diamond line skymiles representative....

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2018, 2:45 pm

Programs: DL DM
This is my first year as a DM, after 4 years as a PM. I've noticed that the agents aren't nearly as nice and helpful as the PM agents were. Maybe they just deal with DYKWIA medallions constantly that they're just flustered by end of day? Do DM agents make more than PM agents? I would assume so, and if that assumption is right, maybe PM agents are extra helpful in order to be promoted to DM agents? Or is this all in my head?
Old Feb 20, 2018, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by hnewman
Did you get the agents name. Either way write a detailed email to DL about this
No, DO NOT do this. You got the proper miles. Let it go.

If you raise the issue again, DL might reverse the last agent's decision.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 3:53 pm
Original Member

Programs: DL 3 MM/DM, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by formeraa

Bad advice. Do not let this go. Delta needs to be made aware of these type situations. And I really don't thin they will reverse the decision.
HDQDD likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 5:06 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold

I can't see this happening. OP either is or is not entitled to the miles based on clear program rules. They were not given as a favor or because someone bent the rules, but because someone did the research and saw that OP had properly earned them.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 7:47 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel
Originally Posted by bsagator
This is my first year as a DM, after 4 years as a PM. I've noticed that the agents aren't nearly as nice and helpful as the PM agents were. Maybe they just deal with DYKWIA medallions constantly that they're just flustered by end of day? Do DM agents make more than PM agents? I would assume so, and if that assumption is right, maybe PM agents are extra helpful in order to be promoted to DM agents? Or is this all in my head?
I don’t know if this is still true, but at some point PM calls were going to the awesome Minnesota call center, while DM calls were going to the very good SLC center or the shockingly mediocre CVG center.

If that’s still true, you’re not imagining it.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 8:53 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
The idea that a rude agent must not be a "real" DM agent seems weird. Like, they don't tell the phone agents to be nice to customers until they get to the inner sanctorum sanctoris for DM agents?
hi55us and nancypants like this.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah

Originally Posted by Robert Leach
Bad advice. Do not let this go. Delta needs to be made aware of these type situations. And I really don't thin they will reverse the decision.
i agree....i think agents like this need to be reported....i don't see them reversing the decision but even if they did, i'm happy to risk the 1,500 miles to make sure this agent doesn't behave the same way with others....

either way, i sent in the complaint the same day so its too late to do anything now....
Old Feb 20, 2018, 11:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
At least in the past, most PM calls went to the PMNW call center in Chisholm, in MN's Irong Range, while DM calls went to the PMDL call centers in SLC and CVG. My rule is "when CVG answers, hang up." A few times recently, I've had DM calls go to Minneapolis (not Chisholm), with agents insisting that they're dedicated DM agents; to me, they seem obviously less experienced but willing.

If the OP was calling from India or has a DL FF account with an address in India the call could have gone to some overseas call center. In Europe, that would be AF/KLM with agents who don't know much about the DL programs (just like DL handles AF/KLM calls in the USA). In Asia, I would guess Singapore, but there might be some other location.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If the OP was calling from India or has a DL FF account with an address in India the call could have gone to some overseas call center. In Europe, that would be AF/KLM with agents who don't know much about the DL programs (just like DL handles AF/KLM calls in the USA). In Asia, I would guess Singapore, but there might be some other location.
from india i use either skype or vonage to call delta so i'm pretty sure the call gets connected to one of the centers in the us....the call yesterday was made while i was in boston so once again i'm sure the call was connected to one of the centers here in the us....
Old Feb 21, 2018, 7:41 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Do you punch in your FF number before being routed to an agent? If so, your calls could be directed to some *special* agents for India/Asia.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 7:56 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM
On a related topic, using a boarding pass to determine the fare class paid is fraught with errors. I know I've mentioned my struggles with getting credit for AZ flights, since the class listed on their boarding passes isn't necessarily the same as the one that you booked in. I found this out the hard way, but the deeply missed Kevin Pinto was around to straighten it out.

Whenever I book a partner ticket, immediately afterwards I always get a copy of the intinerary from the partner airline that shows the booking class. This is something that can't be easily done after you've flown as the records are archived. Usually it takes a phone call but well worth it in the end. I just recently did this with MU, and am glad I did.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Do you punch in your FF number before being routed to an agent? If so, your calls could be directed to some *special* agents for India/Asia.

i do punch in the number....no clue if they have these special agents for india but almost every agent i have spoken with (except for this particular rude agent) has been knowledgeable about the program & i've never had a problem....

i can tell that they are based in the us by the greeting they use (good morning or evening)....given the 10+ hour time zone difference its pretty easy to figure out which side of the world they are in....
Old Feb 21, 2018, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
[/LEFT]

i do punch in the number....no clue if they have these special agents for india but almost every agent i have spoken with (except for this particular rude agent) has been knowledgeable about the program & i've never had a problem....

i can tell that they are based in the us by the greeting they use (good morning or evening)....given the 10+ hour time zone difference its pretty easy to figure out which side of the world they are in....
At some call centers, staff are trained to avoid detection as an overseas call center, starting with American nicknames and being taught to speak *American* English and use some American slang. It wouldn't surprise me if the script calls for a greeting as if they were located in the USA.
nancypants likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 10:20 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by Keyser
[/LEFT]

If you're calling from skype, they probably see your inbound number as a US number, and they use a greeting appropriate to (what they think is) your location, not theirs.
nancypants likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

At some call centers, staff are trained to avoid detection as an overseas call center, starting with American nicknames and being taught to speak *American* English and use some American slang. It wouldn't surprise me if the script calls for a greeting as if they were located in the USA.
Originally Posted by pvn
If you're calling from skype, they probably see your inbound number as a US number, and they use a greeting appropriate to (what they think is) your location, not theirs.
i always let them know where i am calling from during the course of the conversation....so for example if they start with 'good morning', i usually tell them its evening here & i've just finished my day....sometimes i get a reply like 'lucky you, i've just begun my day here'....just keeps the mood of the conversation light & pleasant to do a little chit-chat before letting them know why i'm calling....

not saying that this is a guarantee that the call is being received in the usa but its likely....either way, my experience with the diamond desk has always been good, no matter which country i have called from....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.