Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Am I confused or is Delta? SEA-JFK First or Delta One?

Old Feb 18, 18, 8:38 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

I recently had a schedule change on an upcoming flight ( 412) SEA-JFK. The flight was marketed and bought as "First", but with recent flight # change the confirmation was updated to "Delta One". The seat chart shows a 757 but with a traditional First layout....yet when I hold my curser over a a seat in the Delta seating chart it lists all the Delta One amenities including a lie-flat seat. When you go to book this flight it is still marketed as " First" Confused.
Old Feb 18, 18, 8:56 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat., Marriott Plat., SPG Plat., IHG Spire Elite/Royal Ambassador
What is the date of your flight? DL412 operates from ATL>JFK, so it wouldn't be marketed as a D1 flight.

Last edited by audidudi; Feb 18, 18 at 9:02 am
Old Feb 18, 18, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by audidudi View Post
What is the date of your flight? DL412 operates from ATL>JFK, so it wouldn't be marketed as a D1 flight.
4/25

DEPART:
7:40 AM
ARRIVE:
4:10 PM
VIEW ONBOARD EXPERIENCE DETAILS FORDELTA ONEģ (Z)
Old Feb 18, 18, 10:35 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat., Marriott Plat., SPG Plat., IHG Spire Elite/Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by david55 View Post
4/25

DEPART:
7:40 AM
ARRIVE:
4:10 PM
VIEW ONBOARD EXPERIENCE DETAILS FORDELTA ONEģ (Z)
It's being operated by a B737-800! That's why there's no D1!
Old Feb 18, 18, 10:49 am

Programs: DL GM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
An interesting data point is that the seat map shows D1 but when you try and book D1 it says not available. If you try and book FC, the price is higher than one of the actual D1 flights and if you try and select a seat in FC it says that seats cannot be assigned. The only reason I could see it showing as D1 now is that before the schedule change, the flights where coded as J/Z/I/D fares and after the schedule change, DLs best in class IT is getting it confused and is thinking that this is D1 (when clearly itís not as itís on a 738)
Old Feb 18, 18, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by audidudi View Post
It's being operated by a B737-800! That's why there's no D1!
Forgive me...typed in the wrong date. I meant Saturday April 28

EPARTSSat Apr 28 7:40am
from Seattle, WA(SEA)

ARRIVESSat Apr 28 4:10pm
at New York-Kennedy, NY(JFK)

FLIGHTDL 412 5h 30m

AIRCRAFTBoeing 757 - View Seats
Old Feb 18, 18, 1:37 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, TR 7*, SPG/MR Plat, UA 1K
Possibly IT issues due to the regular weekend schedule changes? It seems to have settled down, as I just did a search and the results show DL412 as having F in a 738, and the seat map agrees.

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer View Post
The only reason I could see it showing as D1 now is that before the schedule change, the flights where coded as J/Z/I/D fares and after the schedule change, DLs best in class IT is getting it confused and is thinking that this is D1 (when clearly itís not as itís on a 738)
Just for clarity, some of the SEA-JFK flights do have full D1 service.

Delta One Expands to JFK- SEA/SAN/LAS, ATL-HNL and MSP-HNL, No Medallion Upgrades

(the "no Medallion upgrades" part of the subject will be incorrect after April 1st)
Old Feb 18, 18, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

My Saturday flight #412 is still showing a 757.....first seat layout...but D1 amenities in the popup window when you hover over a seat.... so maybe we do have D1 on our flight as described below. The flight after mine #1524 is being sold as D1 with considerably higher pricing.

Originally Posted by Zorak View Post
Possibly IT issues due to the regular weekend schedule changes? It seems to have settled down, as I just did a search and the results show DL412 as having F in a 738, and the seat map agrees.

Just for clarity, some of the SEA-JFK flights do have full D1 service.

Delta One Expands to JFK- SEA/SAN/LAS, ATL-HNL and MSP-HNL, No Medallion Upgrades

(the "no Medallion upgrades" part of the subject will be incorrect after April 1st)
Old Feb 18, 18, 1:49 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, TR 7*, SPG/MR Plat, UA 1K
My Saturday flight #412 is still showing a 757.....first seat layout...but D1 amenities in the popup window when you hover over a seat.... so maybe we do have D1 on our flight as described below.
My apologies, I had overlooked the corrected date of 4/28.

I see what you mean that hovering over the seat shows the D1 amenities, but the layout is the 75D/H and the booking results list clearly says "NOT OFFERED" under the D1 column for DL412.

Compare with the other nonstops on that day, DL1524 and DL2590.

So this is just an IT error. If there are no further changes my money is that you will get domestic F :-/
Old Feb 18, 18, 4:10 pm
LBJ
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM
Yep, definitely 75D/H equipment and they are selling it as a domestic F flight -- fare code QA7IA0FQ. Second letter from last identifies it as domestic F. D1 flights will use a fare code with a 'D' in the second to last letter. Flights on D1 equipment on this route will be actual D1 flights starting Apr 1, but non-D1 equipment will still be considered regular old domestic F (no lounge access). IT systems are apparently confused by the distinction.
Old Feb 18, 18, 4:14 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by LBJ View Post
Yep, definitely 75D/H equipment and they are selling it as a domestic F flight -- fare code QA7IA0FQ. Second letter from last identifies it as domestic F. D1 flights will use a fare code with a 'D' in the second to last letter. Flights on D1 equipment will be actual D1 flights starting Apr 1, but non-D1 equipment will still be considered regular old domestic F (no lounge access). IT systems are apparently confused by the distinction.
This is my thinking as well. With some flights on SEA-JFK being D1 and others not, DLs IT is becoming confused and is thinking itís D1 but itís not.
Old Feb 18, 18, 4:35 pm
LBJ
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Note that it is a domestic continuation flight of an international flight (continues as DL412 JFK-NCE) and therefore carries a J/C/D/I/Z fare classes for F. The seat display code on the website is likely just looking at the fare class and presuming it's a D1 flight without looking at actual equipment or fare code.
Old Feb 18, 18, 8:54 pm
Original Poster

So no pillow?

My return flight #2163 is definitely a D1 so I will get a taste.
Old Feb 19, 18, 2:41 am
LBJ
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So no pillow?

My return flight #2163 is definitely a D1 so I will get a taste.
You'll get a standard domestic F pillow/blanket and standard domestic F meal/service.
Old Jun 26, 18, 12:28 am

Programs: DL GM, UA, AA
Need some help from some FT'ers. Have an upcoming flight from JFK-SEA July 5th 2018. DL 2159. It is ticketed and shown as a D1 flight on a 752. Booked into seat 4A. After looking at Seatguru and other sites this flight shows as either "not exisiting" or not a D1 flight, just regular domestic FC. Booked over the phone as the new website kept throwing errors at me and agent said they are aware of the "multi city issue". Anyway, after looking at the seatmap on delta.com and hovering over and clicking on the little "Flat Bed" icon within "My Trips" it tells me that this is only a domestic first class seat. Called Delta again to confirm and the agent was seeing the same as me. I was put on hold for about ten minutes and she said I spoke to my supervisor and to actually quote " from everything we see it LOOKS like a D1 flight but we also see it as a regular domestic first class seat". I have no clue what that means? Anyone have a clue what's going on?

Search this Thread