Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Am I confused or is Delta? SEA-JFK First or Delta One?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Am I confused or is Delta? SEA-JFK First or Delta One?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by AeRoSpaceman
Need some help from some FT'ers. Have an upcoming flight from JFK-SEA July 5th 2018. DL 2159. It is ticketed and shown as a D1 flight on a 752. Booked into seat 4A. After looking at Seatguru and other sites this flight shows as either "not exisiting" or not a D1 flight, just regular domestic FC. Booked over the phone as the new website kept throwing errors at me and agent said they are aware of the "multi city issue". Anyway, after looking at the seatmap on delta.com and hovering over and clicking on the little "Flat Bed" icon within "My Trips" it tells me that this is only a domestic first class seat. Called Delta again to confirm and the agent was seeing the same as me. I was put on hold for about ten minutes and she said I spoke to my supervisor and to actually quote " from everything we see it LOOKS like a D1 flight but we also see it as a regular domestic first class seat". I have no clue what that means? Anyone have a clue what's going on?
I flew 2159 about a week ago. It was not full D1. We did have the lie-flat seats. Seats were even stocked with the large pillow and Westin bedding. Meals were domestic FC though. No amenity kits. No menus. No special desserts. When I was doing dummy booking to check loads for available seats in FC while waiting for my RUCs to clear, DL.com had 2159 marketed as Donestic FC. Not D1.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:57 am

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR

I flew 2159 about a week ago. It was not full D1. We did have the lie-flat seats. Seats were even stocked with the large pillow and Westin bedding. Meals were domestic FC though. No amenity kits. No menus. No special desserts. When I was doing dummy booking to check loads for available seats in FC while waiting for my RUCs to clear, DL.com had 2159 marketed as Donestic FC. Not D1.
Thanks for the reply. Makes no sense to me. What really aggravates me is that Delta doesn't even know...
Old Jun 26, 2018, 1:38 am

This beg's the question if I will have access to the SC for free or not?
Old Jun 26, 2018, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
This beg's the question if I will have access to the SC for free or not?
Not unless on DL2572. This is the one flight JFK-SEA that is D1. Thus, it's the only one to get SC access. This is the reason for confusion by DL agents. Just like LAS, SAN, etc not all JFK flights are D1. There's only one each direction. They don't have enough lay flat planes to offer D1 on all the flights between these cities.

DL2159 is clearly marked as First and not D1.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Not unless on DL2572. This is the one flight JFK-SEA that is D1. Thus, it's the only one to get SC access. This is the reason for confusion by DL agents. Just like LAS, SAN, etc not all JFK flights are D1. There's only one each direction. They don't have enough lay flat planes to offer D1 on all the flights between these cities.

Understand. Then the agents and supervisors need some training or their IT needs resolved. It is what it is and I accept that.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Understand. Then the agents and supervisors need some training or their IT needs resolved. It is what it is and I accept that.
Training? Decent IT? Surely you must be joking. This is Delta.
AeRoSpaceman and btonkid12345 like this.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 4:47 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by flyerCO

I understand that DL doesn’t have enough 75S to make all SEA-JFK flights full D1 service, but if it’s already on a 75S, why isn’t it D1? Makes no sense to me.
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer

I understand that DL doesn’t have enough 75S to make all SEA-JFK flights full D1 service, but if it’s already on a 75S, why isn’t it D1? Makes no sense to me.
Exactly!! If the hard product is already in place, why is the soft not?? To quote you again "It makes no sense...".
Old Jun 26, 2018, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer

They know they might need to sub planes/change schedules. If they promised D1 and then due to needing a 75s for a TATL you showed up and got a 739, you'd be pissed. Also they may not have enough demand to pay for D1 on all flights. Remember they did do that with SEA once. They couldn't get enough demand/yield to justify it. Would you rather one D1 flight or none?
Old Jun 28, 2018, 1:39 am

I have SEA-JFK coming up in a few weeks which was advertised, sold and ticketed as D1 (booking class I). If I do not get lounge access or D1 service, I would complain a lot. If it was not for D1, I would have taken a different flight on another airline, which was more convenient schedule-wise.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by AntonS
I have SEA-JFK coming up in a few weeks which was advertised, sold and ticketed as D1 (booking class I). If I do not get lounge access or D1 service, I would complain a lot. If it was not advertised as D1, I would have taken a different flight.
Booking fare class doesn't matter. Domestic F is also at times sold as I. You'll get access as long as it shows Delta One for your cabin when pulling up the reservation online.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 3:43 am

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP75k, Marriott Titanium
I booked a JFK-SEA trip earlier last month for a seat in Delta One (Z), departing in early October. When I checked this week, the reservation changed to a Domestic FC, even though the seat map is still showing lie flat seats.

Needless to say, I'm pretty disappointed. Can I complain to someone and look for some sort of compensation, and/or rerouting through LAX/SFO to get a D1 experience?
Old Sep 25, 2018, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by Petester
I booked a JFK-SEA trip earlier last month for a seat in Delta One (Z), departing in early October. When I checked this week, the reservation changed to a Domestic FC, even though the seat map is still showing lie flat seats.

Needless to say, I'm pretty disappointed. Can I complain to someone and look for some sort of compensation, and/or rerouting through LAX/SFO to get a D1 experience?
First of all, do not assume website is displaying correct information, so call.

If you are indeed downgraded, it would be reasonable to ask for a refund, fare difference or reroute via SFO/LAX, whatever works best for you.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Call. Some JFK-SEA are domestic F and some D1. If you indeed bought D1, and didn't just think it was D1 because you saw D1 on one of nonstops, then they'll change you. If indeed bought D1, they may have changed which fliggt offers it. A change to it or routing via LAX/SFO would be freely given. Also can ask about downgrade comp. However if you get rerouted to D1 there won't be any.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not really worth connecting through LAX if you still have the lie-flat's (which is about 90% of the "experience" in my opinion), particularly if you are on the red-eye. It would be helpful to know which flight you are on. It looks like they are switching the red-eye flight (1542) from a D1 flight with lie-flat to F with recliner (757) on October 16th and they've already started marketing it as F in preparation for the aircraft swap. My guess is that it will still have the D1 Duvet/Pillow etc. and other amenities on the lie-flat even though it is being marketed as F now and they will not downgrade service until the aircraft is actually downgraded on the 16th. I would stick with your current flight. This will leave this route with a single daily D1 flight (out of 4-5 flights).

Last edited by xliioper; Sep 25, 2018 at 6:01 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.