Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Million Miller Status reduced again!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2018, 9:34 am

Smile

Originally Posted by puck021

Well how are people supposed to walk to the front of lines if other people can’t quickly tell that they Are important? I think the problem is that the tags are too subtle, we need something larger and more visible like runners bibs that they use in races. 😂
That is a good one! we do have an issue here!
Old Feb 18, 2018, 9:54 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Original poster rustled some jimmies.
Tomphot and Grog like this.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 10:06 am

Programs: FB Platinum, SM Diamond
Originally Posted by LonghaulCommuter
My DM, SkyClub cards are already in my phone as well as the free beverage certificates (which I never use). What's the point of sending that think envelope of stuff? Maybe those few DM members can request the "brag tags" if it's so important to them and just stop cluttering the mailboxes for the rest of us?
Some lounge (mostly small one in China), continue to ask for the skyteam physical card.
If you show them your phone, they will tell you, anyone can download fake cards on internet they did not have way to validate your card (or can validate only China Eastern/Southern) in the lounge and write on a paper pad foreign Skyteam card # (with your boarding pass info)...
Old Feb 18, 2018, 12:20 pm

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by FBplatinum
Some lounge (mostly small one in China), continue to ask for the skyteam physical card.
If you show them your phone, they will tell you, anyone can download fake cards on internet they did not have way to validate your card (or can validate only China Eastern/Southern) in the lounge and write on a paper pad foreign Skyteam card # (with your boarding pass info)...
Yeah - and "some border crossings in Canada (mostly Toronto Pearson), continue to ask for the Global Entry physical card"
And they're stupid morons, too.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by In2ishn

I did snicker quietly
you guys are a piece of work....

The issue is not the compression but that is what companies do that begin discontinuing a name or a service. They shrink the old and raise the presentation of the new,
From an old guy that was employed or consultant to over 100 companies.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA
Oh the humanity!
Old Feb 18, 2018, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by Often1
The fact that it is harder for OP to see the designation can only mean that he values staring at the tags to tell himself that he is important. Nobody else, including DL thinks so.
Exactly the type of typical FlyerTalk posts I was expecting. Lot's of assumptions on what the OP thinks and does. Pathetic. FWIW, the only tag I ever have on my bag is KM. Saving old tags in an old business card box takes up no room at all BTW.
I found it interesting that in times past, DL made a big deal of being MM on their tags and they have slowly been reducing the size and prominence. You folks took that as an opportunity to Brag about how little it means to you and therefor the OP must be a nut job and "can only mean that he values staring at the tags to tell himself that he is important" and that " you have your priorities in life all out of wack!"
What up with you people?? If you have any person to person social skills, I'd be glad to buy you a beer at a SkyClub, talk about life's priorities and anything else, I can assure you that your assumptions are messed up.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 3:12 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by puck021

Well how are people supposed to walk to the front of lines if other people can’t quickly tell that they Are important? I think the problem is that the tags are too subtle, we need something larger and more visible like runners bibs that they use in races. 😂
I remember reading a couple anecdotes on here about someone who put one of these tags around your neck and another about someone who reached 2 M miles, took the 1 M miler tag, crossed out the one and wrote in a 2. Seriously.

We all find some form of this addicting, or else we wouldn't be on FT, but there is such a thing as being over the top.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone who says that they are unimportant obviously does nto travel far off the beat and path very often. Just last month in Vietnam I tried showing my virtual card at the VN lounge and they would NOT accept it, much like FBPlatinum wrote above about China. Tags maybe not so important, card is.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 8:08 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by hfly
Anyone who says that they are unimportant obviously does nto travel far off the beat and path very often. Just last month in Vietnam I tried showing my virtual card at the VN lounge and they would NOT accept it, much like FBPlatinum wrote above about China. Tags maybe not so important, card is.
The OP is about bag tags.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 9:05 pm

Programs: DL DM & 5MM, WN
The status tags have always seemed to me to be a magnet for thieves. I use the paper ones the airlines give out.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 10:05 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, SM Diamond
Originally Posted by lindros2
Yeah - and "some border crossings in Canada (mostly Toronto Pearson), continue to ask for the Global Entry physical card"
And they're stupid morons, too.
Must be in the same 'genetics' morons how ask the Nexus when we enter most US airport... (JFK, ATL, DTW,...)
Old Feb 19, 2018, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by LonghaulCommuter
I throw out my tags the day I get them. In fact, whenever Delta comes around with that survey about how important is the hard Medallion package, I always tell them to stop sending them. My DM, SkyClub cards are already in my phone as well as the free beverage certificates (which I never use). What's the point of sending that think envelope of stuff? Maybe those few DM members can request the "brag tags" if it's so important to them and just stop cluttering the mailboxes for the rest of us?
There have been reports of some partner lounges not letting SkyClub members in if they cannot produce the physical card.

But, DL management is going to solve that problem in January 2019.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 11:22 am

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
PERFECT!
Old Feb 19, 2018, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by k5xs

We are so very susceptible to the marketing spiels...
"Um, you do know marketing is only legal because it doesn't work most of time, right?" ... Dilbert

dilbert.com/strip/2015-02-07

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.