Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Million Miller Status reduced again!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2018, 3:55 pm
Original Member

Programs: Delta Flying Colonel, Lifetime Silver Medallion, Million Miler
Well my old Flying Colonel tags are holding up just fine.
hnewman and IndyDave like this.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 4:07 pm

Programs: Delta - PM , MM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Peon
Originally Posted by mnredfox

Totally agree. RUC is an awesome way to dump benefits that cost DL nothing. Even worse when you factor in FCM.
It's true that they cost Delta nothing, but that doesn't mean they have no value. Especially if you're (N+1) on the list, with N available (and N > 0).
Old Feb 27, 2018, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by flyguy
Indeed - unlike the COOL kids, I keep my tags. those old tags are twice as thick as the new ones, indestructible!
Old Feb 28, 2018, 4:56 pm

Programs: DL Million Miler
Originally Posted by flyguy
Still stuck at colonel?
Old Mar 6, 2018, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by BenA
When RUCs clear at booking, they are a tangible benefit that isn’t just rearranging priority. I had an itinerary that I was dreading due to timing, and clearing the RUC at booking allowed me to plan around sleeping on the plane with confidence.
I never said RUCs don't provide a benefit to the passenger who uses them; they clearly do. It's at the cost (with the exception of D1 pre-April and possibly of a statusless pax on a flight with not enough medallions to fill F) of some other passenger. Delta breaks even.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:54 am

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
I’ve been saying it for years... the DM Brag Tags need to be RFID, so as you approach the gate lights and sirens go off and confetti and streamers drop from the ceiling while a spotlight follows you as a live band strikes up “Here comes the bride.”

No more half-measures, Delta. Ed Bastion better be there to greet me at LGA later today — or a least a life-size cardboard cutout of him with a quote bubble with my name in it.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 6:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by TheHorta
I’ve been saying it for years... the DM Brag Tags need to be RFID, so as you approach the gate lights and sirens go off and confetti and streamers drop from the ceiling while a spotlight follows you as a live band strikes up “Here comes the bride.”

No more half-measures, Delta. Ed Bastion better be there to greet me at LGA later today — or a least a life-size cardboard cutout of him with a quote bubble with my name in it.
Here comes the bride, really????

I want eye of the tiger playing
Old Mar 7, 2018, 6:28 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by Absoludichris
Here comes the bride, really????

I want eye of the tiger playing
I was thinking more of "Hail to the Chief," but I suppose it really should be customized to each DM. For Kryptonium Medallions I would expect something from Holst.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.