Million Miller Status reduced again!

Old Feb 21, 2018, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by EditingFX
TSA has yet to notice that I've sharpened my DM tags to a razor blade finish on all the edges... I am like Ninja! Prepared at moment's notice to slice through bad policies and unwitting Kettles.

(JK TSA HQ!!!)
The metal tags are (or, at least one year, were) fabricated from laminated layers of metal. One of my tags, after sufficient baggage handler abuse, had become so bent up that one corner de-laminated. A single layer of the metal had bent up away from the bulk of the tag, and its edge was sufficiently thin and sharp that it posed a cutting hazard.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by Bowgie
I'm with Tomphot on this debate. Not that I care who knows I'm Diamond (currently at least), but it sets the stage for a real MM devaluation.Perhaps no more "unlimited" domestic upgrades for Silvers and 1MM'ers.

I'd be glad to drink with Tomphot anytime. Too bad I went for two x 25,000 miles + GUC's as my Choice Benefits selection.
(That was a rational decision considering the SAN Skyclub takes away all the food over an hour before the last red-eye. That little jewel of a lounge isn't so nice anymore)
Unlimited domestic upgrades cost Delta nothing (even less considering how common they aren't for Silvers). They're almost as much of a scam as RUCs (which only re-arrange the upgrade priority, except on domestic D1 prior to April 1 and for people who dropped to no status before their RUCs expired).
Old Feb 22, 2018, 5:19 pm

Actually, for the first time ever I received a benefit the other day from being a Million Miler (other than the general Silver benefits) - the flight attendant gave me a whole can of Diet Coke, while everyone else just got a cup (I am serious, she addressed me by name and thanked me for my loyalty as a Million Miler as she gave me the whole can.)
Old Feb 22, 2018, 5:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by BigFlyer
Actually, for the first time ever I received a benefit the other day from being a Million Miler (other than the general Silver benefits) - the flight attendant gave me a whole can of Diet Coke, while everyone else just got a cup (I am serious, she addressed me by name and thanked me for my loyalty as a Million Miler as she gave me the whole can.)
Who says the Big 3 no longer reward long term loyalty!

Regards
Old Feb 22, 2018, 7:27 pm

Programs: Waffle House DM
Anticipating exactly this kind of shady move by Delta, I recently had the word "Million" tattooed on my right eyelid, and "Miler" tattooed on my left eyelid. Now when entering the lounge I simply wink slowly and deliberately at the agent with both eyes in turn, so my status is revealed only to those who need to know, thus avoiding any sense of shame in my fellow travelers who are not worthy of the coveted MM status.

Cost of tattoos: $143
Sense of smugness: Priceless
Old Feb 27, 2018, 5:20 am

Programs: Delta
As my wife calls this one, White People Problems. Seriously, the effort of reading this thread and the time taken has cost a lot more than a plastic/velcro tag. Let's go do something useful today rather than worry about the material composition of a credit card sized name tag.
Grog likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 6:45 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Tomphot
Exactly the type of typical FlyerTalk posts I was expecting. Lot's of assumptions on what the OP thinks and does. Pathetic. FWIW, the only tag I ever have on my bag is KM. Saving old tags in an old business card box takes up no room at all BTW.
I found it interesting that in times past, DL made a big deal of being MM on their tags and they have slowly been reducing the size and prominence. You folks took that as an opportunity to Brag about how little it means to you and therefor the OP must be a nut job and "can only mean that he values staring at the tags to tell himself that he is important" and that " you have your priorities in life all out of wack!"
What up with you people?? If you have any person to person social skills, I'd be glad to buy you a beer at a SkyClub, talk about life's priorities and anything else, I can assure you that your assumptions are messed up.
So you expected such responses, but did little (or was it nothing) to preempt them? And still now, we'd all have to meet at a SkyClub to gain the insight needed in order to even possibly come to a more rounded conclusion. I guess any and all assumptions will have to stay where they are indefinitely.

Last edited by Grog; Feb 27, 2018 at 6:52 am
Old Feb 27, 2018, 6:54 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by Grog
So you expected such responses, but did little (or was it nothing) to preempt them?
Where's the fun in that? Why don't you grab some popcorn and watch the show like the OP intended?
Tomphot likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 7:38 am

at least someone change the (idiotic) title already!
Old Feb 27, 2018, 7:41 am
Original Poster

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by MazdaMP
at least someone change the (idiotic) title already!
What's wrong with the title? The size of MM status has been consistently reduced over the years on the tags
Old Feb 27, 2018, 7:52 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC
What's wrong with the title? The size of MM status has been consistently reduced over the years on the tags
Perhaps referring to Million "Miller" instead of "Miler" is the jab. (typo)
Not as bad as saying "Chessmate" instead of "Checkmate" (ignorance)

Ah well....
Old Feb 27, 2018, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sethb
Unlimited domestic upgrades cost Delta nothing (even less considering how common they aren't for Silvers). They're almost as much of a scam as RUCs (which only re-arrange the upgrade priority, except on domestic D1 prior to April 1 and for people who dropped to no status before their RUCs expired).
Totally agree. RUC is an awesome way to dump benefits that cost DL nothing. Even worse when you factor in FCM.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 10:21 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
My offer remains open - I'll be glad to meet any of you in person and buy you a beer or similar in the SkyClub. I'll be in ATL & DTW clubs 3 times this week , 3 times next week. I promise to stop staring at my tags as I usually like to look at people in the eyes.
Good luck with that. Getting many of these FT bullies to acknowledge another's humanity is often quite a challenge. They will not read follow up posts, they seem to be unable to understand context nor have an ability to read additional posts that further explain situation. They just want to come out with their pseudo-alpha guns blazing with the cattiest comments they can make to prove that, for today, they are the king bully and can mock better than others.
Tomphot likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 11:07 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Old Feb 27, 2018, 1:22 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mnredfox

Totally agree. RUC is an awesome way to dump benefits that cost DL nothing. Even worse when you factor in FCM.
When RUCs clear at booking, they are a tangible benefit that isnt just rearranging priority. I had an itinerary that I was dreading due to timing, and clearing the RUC at booking allowed me to plan around sleeping on the plane with confidence.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.