Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No itineraries for JAX-ATL-SRQ?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2018, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, Delta 1MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
No itineraries for JAX-ATL-SRQ?

Trying to get from Jacksonville to Sarasota. I know Silver Airways has a direct JAX-TPA but have heard many bad things about Silver. Did a search online and there don't seem to be any results on Delta. Is there a reason Delta won't fly up to ATL and back down to SRQ (or other FL destinations for that matter)? I'd much rather connect in ATL than take a bus, train, or car...
Old Feb 16, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 2MM
Yeah, there are many markets that airlines selectively choose not to publish fares in. You can accomplish your goal by using the multi city search function.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
JAX and other Florida cities do not seem to be allowed on Delta. Even using the multi city feature, it didn't let me actually book it a couple years ago. I have not tried recently.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, Delta 1MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by iflyalexair
Yeah, there are many markets that airlines selectively choose not to publish fares in. You can accomplish your goal by using the multi city search function.
Thanks for the tip. It does in fact work, though Delta seems to add in a minimum 5 hour delay/connection in the itinerary. For instance, if I take a flight that lands in ATL at 7am, the earliest result the website will show me is a 1pm flight to SRQ. I've tried multiple combinations. Odd. Nevertheless, it is at least an option, albeit now a much longer one. It's also quite pricey, but it's a work trip and work is willing to pay. Perhaps I'll shelter at a Sky Club and get some work done in between. Thanks again for the advice!
Old Feb 16, 2018, 2:53 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jj243
Thanks for the tip. It does in fact work, though Delta seems to add in a minimum 5 hour delay/connection in the itinerary. For instance, if I take a flight that lands in ATL at 7am, the earliest result the website will show me is a 1pm flight to SRQ. I've tried multiple combinations. Odd. Nevertheless, it is at least an option, albeit now a much longer one. It's also quite pricey, but it's a work trip and work is willing to pay. Perhaps I'll shelter at a Sky Club and get some work done in between. Thanks again for the advice!
Call in. A phone agent may be able to do better.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 4:23 pm

You can book the shorter connections on OTAs like priceline. I don't know why DL.com won't do it.

On some days B6 through JFK is actually cheaper.

3M to TPA is only a 1hr flight for $137 RT.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Last year I tried to book JAX-ATL-MIA and couldn't on a single ticket.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by TomMM
Last year I tried to book JAX-ATL-MIA and couldn't on a single ticket.
You certainly can buy it on a single ticket. The problem is there is no published fare, and the big three now only allow combining fares in the the higher fare classes, so you have to use two higher fares.

The inability to ticket on delta.com is web site issue. You can book this as one ticket through a third party or probably by calling in.

There must be so few people wanting itenneraries like this that they havent bothered to fix the problem.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 11:13 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
I wonder if there aren't some FL state regs that might apply? Needing state regulatory approval for intrastate transportation?
Old Feb 18, 2018, 11:29 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by mot29
I wonder if there aren't some FL state regs that might apply? Needing state regulatory approval for intrastate transportation?
AA flies from MIA to MCO, JAX, TPA, etc non stop.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by vincentharris
AA flies from MIA to MCO, JAX, TPA, etc non stop.
Which might just mean that AA has route authority. I'm not certain that this is a rule, but know that some states do regulate intrastate commerce -- trucking, etc. It makes sense give the OP's note that he can book it through delta.com but only with a really long layover, so maybe that allows it as 2 separate flights?
Old Feb 18, 2018, 5:29 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Is Silver Airways really so bad that you have to fly 3.25 times the distance and sit around for your connection at ATL?
CPMaverick and Aliquot like this.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 5:52 pm

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
I have flown Silver from TPA to EYE many times. On time performance can be an issue at times. Otherwise its a nice flight--but on a SAAB.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 7:15 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by jinglish
Is Silver Airways really so bad that you have to fly 3.25 times the distance and sit around for your connection at ATL?
I fly PNS-TPA/MCO routinely and actively avoid Silver.

I’ve posted in other forums about issues I’ve had... rolling mechanical delays, refusing to credit a trip-in-vain, serious mechanical issues, etc.

I’d rather take 6 hours to fly, connecting in ATL/MIA/CLT than a 100-minute non-stop flight on Silver.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aww3583

I fly PNS-TPA/MCO routinely and actively avoid Silver.

I’ve posted in other forums about issues I’ve had... rolling mechanical delays, refusing to credit a trip-in-vain, serious mechanical issues, etc.

I’d rather take 6 hours to fly, connecting in ATL/MIA/CLT than a 100-minute non-stop flight on Silver.
That's my concern based on feedback from others. Comfort and certainty trump bad service and bad delays. But, no firsthand experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.