Wiki Posts
Search

New Diamond Tags - Plastic

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2019, 3:19 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Originally Posted by dlflyer00

They were killed as of December 6th.
Ah ha. Makes sense, given that I always have the card in my Apple Wallet or access printed directly on my BP.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 12:21 pm

Diamond MedallionTag broke. How can I get a replacement?

The slot cutout actually doesn't go with the wire attachment very well. Mine snapped.
Is there a way to get replacement so I can use a flat leather strap instead?

Thank you,

MP
Old Jan 15, 2019, 12:30 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Call and ask. Generally they have to send you a new packet. You should be getting the 2019 packet in the next few weeks anyway.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 12:45 pm

Thanks!
Old Jan 15, 2019, 2:35 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by wakobav
I received my new diamond tags today - plastic with transparent Delta Logo.
I'd offer to buy it off you, but then people wouldn't know I follow WFBF methodology
Old Jan 15, 2019, 4:07 pm

One of my metal tags was kindly removed by someone during my bag’s trip home from OGG. Although they did leave my UAL tag alone 🤔.
SYRRDU likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 4:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by FF524
One of my metal tags was kindly removed by someone during my bag’s trip home from OGG. Although they did leave my UAL tag alone 🤔.
I had that happen twice before on checked bags and then another time on my carry-on in the Sky Club, when someone swiped it while I was in the bathroom.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 4:31 pm

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
Originally Posted by pvn
Call and ask. Generally they have to send you a new packet. You should be getting the 2019 packet in the next few weeks anyway.
do you get a new package if you make DM again?
Old Jan 15, 2019, 5:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA Plat, Hertz Pres. Club. SPG Gold
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I had that happen twice before on checked bags and then another time on my carry-on in the Sky Club, when someone swiped it while I was in the bathroom.
Wow that takes balls. What kind of low-life creeps on someone’s bag and watches for them to leave, and then swipes their Diamond tags while they go to the bathroom?? Jesus, people are absurd.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 2:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I saw a tweet today that metal bag tags are back for diamonds. Apparently, silver and golds will also receive bag tags beginning in 2020. However, physical elite status cards are extinct.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 4:26 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Plat, HH
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I saw a tweet today that metal bag tags are back for diamonds. Apparently, silver and golds will also receive bag tags beginning in 2020. However, physical elite status cards are extinct.
Confirmed. Got metal Diamond tags today - BUT they came with the same plastic attachment loops that the plastic cards / million miler tags have. Gone are the nice metal straps.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by davedimes
Confirmed. Got metal Diamond tags today - BUT they came with the same plastic attachment loops that the plastic cards / million miler tags have. Gone are the nice metal straps.
Hah - I qualified for DM for the first time last November. Got a packet with a plastic membership card, plastic bag tags, and metal connectors.

I like that I have a physical membership card through Jan 2020. Sort of sad I won't ever get metal tags, though. I've heard they make for wonderful windshield ice scrapers.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 11:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by davedimes
I too just received the metal tags, after receiving plastic tags earlier in the year.

As to the metal straps... they were nothing to brag about. Always unscrewing themselves so that you lost the tag. I will probably leave the new metal tags in the drawer since I securely fused the metal straps together with Loc-Tite. I'd have to pull out the heavy tools to unscrew them now.

Interesting thing about the metal tags I just received... they don't show 2MM like before.

But. I'll be 3MM in a few months anyway.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 11:03 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
I too just received the metal tags, after receiving plastic tags earlier in the year.

As to the metal straps... they were nothing to brag about. Always unscrewing themselves so that you lost the tag. I will probably leave the new metal tags in the drawer since I securely fused the metal straps together with Loc-Tite. I'd have to pull out the heavy tools to unscrew them now.

Interesting thing about the metal tags I just received... they don't show 2MM like before.

But. I'll be 3MM in a few months anyway.
Just put a tiny bit of hair gel or hair spray into the screw and once it dries, it's enough to keep it from unscrewing itself.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I preferred the metal straps... just put a little loctite on it and don't have to worry about them coming loose. I've had a plastic one break... not gonna happen with the metal unless somebody cuts it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.