Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Is F on an MD 90 in F really considered some of the best real estate on the pla

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is F on an MD 90 in F really considered some of the best real estate on the pla

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2018, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Is F on an MD 90 really considered some of the best real estate on the planet?

That was planet.
Thought that cross my mind as I sat in one for close to 4 hours all told MSP-PBI.

Last edited by apodo77; Feb 17, 2018 at 7:49 am
Old Feb 16, 2018, 10:50 am

Programs: DL-Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by apodo77
That was planet and was curious.
of course, even better than Etihad apartment LOL

When Ed said that it was just CEO/Marketing speak. MD-90 ranks among the lowest domestic first cabins they have in my opinion....Only advantage is the relative quiet that far from the engines (though that is more about the plane than cabin)
Old Feb 16, 2018, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
OP had the same complaint a few months ago, yet seems slow to book away onto a different type or carrier.

Delta MD-88/90 Retirement Tracking Thread
Old Feb 16, 2018, 4:31 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
OP had the same complaint a few months ago, yet seems slow to book away onto a different type or carrier.

The OP is based in PBI which still has several MD88s/90s in and out to ATL and probably will until they are all gone. I dislike the MD-90 as it can be used on some long flights (ATL-DEN comes to mind) and it is generally an old cabin with no AVOD and that terrible whining noise on the PA system whenever the FA gets on to speak. The only think I will miss about the MD-88s/90s is the 3-2/2-3 seating but we will still have those on the 717s and the C-Series.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
At least the MDs have 16 FC seats as compared to the 717s.

So FC must be some valuable real estate, as Ed appears to be trying to claw it back.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 3:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
My favorite domestic FC seat is 1D on the MD88-95. Two windows, plenty of legroom, and decent privacy.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by WWads
My favorite domestic FC seat is 1D on the MD88-95. Two windows, plenty of legroom, and decent privacy.
My favorite domestic seat is 4A on the MD88.
fusionblue likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer

The OP is based in PBI which still has several MD88s/90s in and out to ATL and probably will until they are all gone. I dislike the MD-90 as it can be used on some long flights (ATL-DEN comes to mind) and it is generally an old cabin with no AVOD and that terrible whining noise on the PA system whenever the FA gets on to speak. The only think I will miss about the MD-88s/90s is the 3-2/2-3 seating but we will still have those on the 717s and the C-Series.
I flew it MSP-PBI yesterday. 3 hours and 5 minutes.
Definitely not some of the best real estate on the planet.
I do love 25B on the MD-90 though.
Also the internet on these birds is horrendous and would assume they will never upgrade to the 2Ku.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 3Cforme

I like to complain.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 1:38 pm

I am booked on an MD 90 in Row 1 A with 2 windows on Delta from MSP-TPA connecting from an Airbus 319 from SJC-MSP. The MD 90 is one of my favorite airplanes because its very quiet up front! I did fly Comfort+ On the 717 and it was fine(Bulkhead row).

As long as I get a meal and a few spirits then I have no problem flying(: I always try and fly in the Bulkhead seat as I put my legs up on the wall and I don't have anyone relining into me(which I find a bit claustrophobic). A lot of people say that the Bulkhead has reduced legroom but I have not complained as I use the wall to stretch my legs especially when I recline(:/

For me flying on the MD 90 is for me nostalgic as i would fly a lot on the AA MD 80s as a kid and as a young adult in First Class. Would I like IFE sure but with Delta Studio that is a moot point(. I also like the quietness up front as its one of the best Domestic planes for the quiet flight up front.

I also love the sound those engines make when you take off and land in the MD 80/MD90

Last edited by danielonn; Feb 19, 2018 at 1:44 pm
Old Feb 19, 2018, 1:42 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Not too bad until a DYKWIA slams the seat into full recline meeting the tip of your nose.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by apodo77
I like to complain.
Good response.

I have looked, but I cannot find that FT has a page to go to for volunteering to become a moderator.

While your response was good, there are some posts that would be best responded to with a link to an "I want to be a moderator" page.

Old Feb 19, 2018, 3:50 pm

I like the Mad Dogs, especially the quietness of the front part of the cabin and the 3/2 config... BUT there's nothing F about the experience.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 3:52 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
I don't think a FC seat can compare to the real estate in the back of an ambulance. A 20 minute ride in one could set you back $3500 or more.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 4:37 pm

Programs: SM/Marriott/Hilton - Diamond
Originally Posted by 18sas
I don't think a FC seat can compare to the real estate in the back of an ambulance. A 20 minute ride in one could set you back $3500 or more.
A 20 minute ride in an air ambulance could cost upwards of 10,000
18sas likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.