Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

VS club access if flying DL to LHR thenVS LHR u/c to DEL

Old Feb 16, 2018, 12:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM&MM, DL KMwannabe, HH, AA, TG,

we are flying D1 JFK-LHR, THEN UC on VS to DEL.
Will we have access to the VS clubhouse at JFK?
Old Feb 16, 2018, 3:45 am

Off course.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Hope you mean OF course?
wasnt obvious to me since won’t be picking up VS until LHR
spend all too much time in the DL JFK club, would enjoy seeing the new Vs one
Old Feb 16, 2018, 10:34 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
On both VS and DL flights between the US and the UK you get Clubhouse access if you are in UC/D1 or are PM or DM. GM can use the Clubhouse in the US but not in the UK.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 11:07 am
Original Poster

So I’d be able to use the club even without the ongoing upper class connection in LHR.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 11:13 am
Suspended

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
Just a data point. When I flew as a Plat but not upper class I did receive access to JFK on outboard flight but not return. Also, LHR Clubhouse is UC or VS status. I was allowed into Lounge 1 with DL Plat.

But you’re good to go as you are DL 1 and UC.
Enjoy
Old Feb 16, 2018, 11:26 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by In2ishn
Just a data point. When I flew as a Plat but not upper class I did receive access to JFK on outboard flight but not return. Also, LHR Clubhouse is UC or VS status. I was allowed into Lounge 1 with DL Plat.

But youre good to go as you are DL 1 and UC.
Enjoy
How long ago was that? The access to the LHR Club has fluctuated over the last couple of years, especially when the Clubhouse was undergoing renovation. My understanding of the current access options is that PM now can use Clubhouse at LHR. That is also what is stated on delta.com, although that is sometimes not up to date.

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...rtnership.html
Old Feb 16, 2018, 11:52 am
Suspended

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
Originally Posted by CarmenOM

How long ago was that? The access to the LHR Club has fluctuated over the last couple of years, especially when the Clubhouse was undergoing renovation. My understanding of the current access options is that PM now can use Clubhouse at LHR. That is also what is stated on delta.com, although that is sometimes not up to date.

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...rtnership.html
It may have been just at end of renovation. Im sorry I forgot that detail, though I have seen discussion that it might still be policy. YMMV
Old Feb 22, 2018, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by In2ishn
Earlier this month, on coach (DL mileage) tickets, as a DM I got into the Clubhouse at LHR with one guest.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 9:36 pm

Programs: Diamond Medallion, Delta Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Steve007NY
we are flying D1 JFK-LHR, THEN UC on VS to DEL.
Will we have access to the VS clubhouse at JFK?
yes and the virgin lounge is fantastic, puts the delta lounges to shame IMHO.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by sdadept
yes and the virgin lounge is fantastic, puts the delta lounges to shame IMHO.
Puts the Centurion Lounges to shame. The Sky Clubs aren't in the same ballpark.
sdadept likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Steve007NY
So Id be able to use the club even without the ongoing upper class connection in LHR.
Correct. You *can* use the JFK Skyclub, but not sure why anyone would. Dont think there is a Skyclub at LHR anyway.

You can also use the Virgin Upper Class Wing / drive-through checkin at LHR when flying Delta business class. Thats fantastic too, esp when arriving by car. Obviously not relevant for a connection though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.