Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

C+ or Premium Select on Partner Airlines, AF & KLM

Old Feb 15, 18, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, DL MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG

Delta Platinum here, looking to book April flights CMH - LIS roundtrip and want to be in Delta Premium Select (350)….or DL or KLM “C+”…...or Air France Premium Select. I understand the AF & DL “Premium Select” seats cost more, and the seat is wider (I think 18.5 on DL and 19 on AF). As a DL platinum, based on availability, I can get DL or AF C+ type automatic upgrade for no extra cost, right? However the seats are not wider than regular economy but there is a little extra legroom. Is my understanding correct?

How will DL MQMs and MQDs differ based on whether I’m in DL or KLM’s C+…..or in Air France Premium Select..…or Delta Premium Select (on the Airbus 350)? I thought I read somewhere that it’s possible to earn more MQDs on an Air France or KLM flight, rather than a DL flight?

I tried a search, but…....
Old Feb 15, 18, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by cmh flyer View Post
I thought I read somewhere that it’s possible to earn more MQDs on an Air France or KLM flight, rather than a DL flight?
Why search when you can read it straight from the source?
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...ith-delta.html
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-partners.html
Old Feb 15, 18, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UpgradeMe View Post
Yup, I saw those pages, where it says that MQDs on flights marketed by a partner are based on a percentage of distance flown* as determined by fare class. But I didn’t see a table that shows the different fare class percentages.

What is the MQD percentage for Air France Premium Select? How would that compare to Delta Premium Select on the new Airbus 350? I would guess as a higher fare class, Premium Select has a higher percentage than an economy fare class? Does KLM have the same percentages as Air France? Where can I find the percentage table?

Thanks!
Old Feb 15, 18, 7:10 pm

I didn’t see a table that shows the different fare class percentages.
Did you click on the link under the logo for each of the airlines in question?
Old Feb 15, 18, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

Did you click on the link under the logo for each of the airlines in question?
Yes, I did, a few times, trying to understand MQDs on partner airlines.
Old Feb 15, 18, 7:19 pm

Yes, I did, a few times, trying to understand MQDs on partner airlines.
I give up.
jinglish likes this.
Old Feb 15, 18, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

I give up.
When you clicked on each partner airline on that page, did you see a table with the percentages? I did not. Did you click on the page? Thanks for trying.
Old Feb 15, 18, 7:53 pm
LBJ
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM
KL has an Economy Comfort section, but it is not a separate fare class and there are no extra MQD's there. If you are looking for extra MQD's,you need to be booking AF, VS, or AZ premium economy fares which earn 30% of mileage flown as MQD's. DL C+ and PS fares are going to earn MQD's purely based on dollars spent.
Old Feb 15, 18, 8:08 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, SM Diamond
When you clicked on each partner airline on that page, did you see a table with the percentages? I did not. Did you click on the page? Thanks for trying.
First you clic on the partner ,

Second, after the partner detail have open, you clic on the square where is write: Mileage earn on/after Jan. 1 2018. Then, the table will open.

If you have additional questions after you find the tables, just ask. I take AF/KLM very often and know not bad the "system" about them (and how it impact your skymiles account).

Ask questions BEFORE you book any ticket, (to be sure you did not do the same mistake I have done myself).
Old Feb 15, 18, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Yes, I clicked on the Arline partner: I read the section 'on/after Jan 1 2018', but there is NO table that I can see. Maybe, it's my browser (Safari). I don't know, but it still remains a mystery since I cannot see any table. That's why I came to flyer talk to ask.
Old Feb 15, 18, 8:28 pm
LBJ
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM
Yes, I clicked on the Arline partner: I read the section 'on/after Jan 1 2018', but there is NO table that I can see. Maybe, it's my browser (Safari). I don't know, but it still remains a mystery since I cannot see any table. That's why I came to flyer talk to ask.
You need to actually click on those boxes to bring up the table. Did you try that?
Old Feb 15, 18, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LBJ View Post
You need to actually click on those boxes to bring up the table. Did you try that?
I didn't - thank you so much. Now I see the table.
Old Feb 22, 18, 4:24 pm

Programs: OW Emerald/AA EXP, DL Plat, SPG Plat,
Delta newbie (defecting AA EXP ) ... working out what, if any, the difference is in MQM earning on the same TATL flight in Premium Economy either as an AF flight, or a DL flight operated by AF. (not worried on MQD's as am an overseas resident). Yes, I did a search, and am just trying to work through it....thanks!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: