FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   DM requal packet received today 2/14/2018 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1893977-dm-requal-packet-received-today-2-14-2018-a.html)

MSPeconomist Feb 14, 2018 2:29 pm

DM requal packet received today 2/14/2018

For those who are anxiously watching their mailboxes: Today I received my 2018 DM requalification packet in the mail from ATL.

It contains four "above and beyond" employee recognition certs, a DM card, and two DM brag tags with steel fasteners. The envelope looks similar to previous years, but with new pictures: a runner stretching by the water with the NYC skyline in the background and a woman with roller bag walking through an empty FC cabin. The "personalized" cover letter in the folder is from Sandeep Dube.

The surprise is the card and tags: Instead of metal cowbells, they're heavy plastic in DM blue-grey color with white lettering (no red or black) and the DL widget is translucent plastic so that they look very different from previous years.. My 2MM indication is hard to see and unfortunately (once again) a microscope seems to be needed to read the SkyTeam ElitePlus logo.

I think I'm going to miss the clank of the cowbells unless most people continue to use their old ones, supposedly (according to another thread here) in a breach of etiquette and show of X (fill in your favorite rude pejorative).

Happy Valentine's Day!

GoAmtrak Feb 14, 2018 2:54 pm

This MSP PM got his packet yesterday, probably because it's lighter. Or you could feel offended that mine came first. :D Nothing notably different, still two JWDs, card, and tags. All look identical to the last two years.

davetravels Feb 14, 2018 3:08 pm

:D

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 29417157)
For those who are anxiously watching their mailboxes: Today I received my 2018 DM requalification packet in the mail from ATL.

I didn't get one, so, they obviously KWYA!!! :D

with new pictures: a runner stretching by the water with the NYC skyline in the background!

That's ME!!! ;)

with new pictures: - - - and a woman with roller bag walking through an empty FC cabin.!

Obviously, FAKE NEWS!!! :D

The surprise is the card and tags: Instead of metal cowbells, they're heavy plastic

DARRRRRRRRN!!!

My 2MM indication is hard to see

Double DARN!!!!

unfortunately (once again) a microscope seems to be needed to read the SkyTeam ElitePlus logo.

NOT GOOD! I had an issue with STE+ status once at an AM ticket counter!

I think I'm going to miss the clank of the cowbells unless most people continue to use their old ones, supposedly (according to another thread here) in a breach etiquette

Miss it - YESSSS!

Use the old ones - - ABSOLUTELY! I don't care what FlyerTalk ettiquitte says! :D

Happy Valentine's Day!

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...c90c34dce2.jpg :D

runningformqm Feb 15, 2018 1:44 pm

nothing here yet for this first time PM, qualified in mid-december...email said I would receive it in 4-6 weeks, but guess its delayed since it was year end

hortkie Feb 15, 2018 2:22 pm

Thanks for the heads up MSPecon - hopefully in my mailbox when I get back home.
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...b511891877.jpg

from ATL B skyclub yesterday
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...137abcac89.jpg

davetravels Feb 15, 2018 2:42 pm

My DM packet came today. Likely the last one I'll ever get unless they <realize the error of their ways and> ease up on the Amex waiver a little. ;)

runningformqm Feb 18, 2018 10:45 am

if i qualified for PM for the first time in mid december should i have received my credentias by mail before the renewal kits were sent out in feb? havent received anything yet and have had issues with not getting all my postal mail. if it is lost will dl send a replacement kit? want to enroll in hkg's version of ge so need a physical card

slcdc Feb 18, 2018 7:46 pm

PM Packet received Thanks Delta

PM packet received 15 Feb. Thanks Delta! Requalified end of November.

DCFinanceinFlight Feb 18, 2018 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by davetravels (Post 29417314)

I didn't get one, so, they obviously KWYA!!! :D

That's ME!!! ;)

Obviously, FAKE NEWS!!! :D

DARRRRRRRRN!!!

Double DARN!!!!

NOT GOOD! I had an issue with STE+ status once at an AM ticket counter!

Miss it - YESSSS!

Use the old ones - - ABSOLUTELY! I don't care what FlyerTalk ettiquitte says! :D

Is DaveTravels secretly Rene Points? The utterly absurd use of exclamation points makes me think so!

What say ye!!!!??

MSPeconomist Feb 18, 2018 11:56 pm

NO, they're distinct people.

orca15 Feb 19, 2018 6:01 am

IF nothing else, I kind of like the new cards/tags just because they are different. What's the fun of getting a tag that's exactly the same as last year?

davetravels Feb 19, 2018 8:31 am

Originally Posted by DCFinanceinFlight (Post 29432437)
Is DaveTravels secretly Rene Points? The utterly absurd use of exclamation points makes me think so!

What say ye!!!!??

¡ ¡ ¡ ¡ ¡ ¡ ¡ ¡ ¡ ¡Heavens to Betsy! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

¡!¡!¡Must've been a slow day on FT yesterday!¡!¡!

;)

No, I'm not Rene. MSPecon <and a few otherz> K W I A! :D

HDQDD Feb 19, 2018 9:18 am

Got mine last week as well. I, for one, will be glad to see the metal tags go. They get bent up the first time you check your bag anyway!

runningformqm Feb 19, 2018 10:30 am

Originally Posted by runningformqm (Post 29430844)
if i qualified for PM for the first time in mid december should i have received my credentias by mail before the renewal kits were sent out in feb? havent received anything yet and have had issues with not getting all my postal mail. if it is lost will dl send a replacement kit? want to enroll in hkg's version of ge so need a physical card

bump...perhaps this should be a different thread?

bgriff Feb 19, 2018 11:54 am

The red backside of the new tags is kind of a nice splash of color though.